The Lodge at Turning Stone
La Quinta Inn & Suites Verona(Verona)(Great Value!)
$84
$76
$90
Hotels.com
$70
All reviewsturn down serviceskana spaturning stonevip suitewildflowers restaurantgolf coursewild flowersliving roomrobes and slippersfire pithot tubget awaysteam roomlarge balconyice bucketmineral poolts steakhouse
Reviewed March 26, 2014

The lodge is a beautiful haven of tranquility and luxury annexed off the otherwise bustling Turning Stone Casino. This was not my first time staying at Turning Stone but it was my first time staying in The Lodge and I cannot say that I wasn't impressed...which I very well should have been for the price we paid.

We booked two adjoining suites at The Lodge for a Bachelorette Party with about ten of us total. The layout of the two suites was perfect, especially how they really opened up into one another. I can't emphasize enough how well this worked out for a large group- we all had a place to stay and hang out without feeling crowded or like the room was overrun with suitcases/clothes etc.

The room itself, and the whole Lodge facility really, was incredibly well done- beds were comfy and bathrooms felt luxurious. The front desk was more than accommodating for extra room keys and toiletries people had left at home. Even the views out of our living area was stunning. The location is off the beaten path, so to speak, regarding the rest of the Casino but it's not a large enough facility where I really found this a problem.

There were only two bits of oddities/disgruntlement that I will point out:

1. There were no "real" doors to the bathrooms. The doors were more like heavy screens/swinging doors that do not securely shut or lock. If you were staying with a significant other, or even just one friend, this might be just fine, but traveling with a group made it slightly awkward. Thankfully we were only staying one night and we are all fairly close...

2. My biggest complaint is that apparently you are not allowed to bring any alcohol on site. As this was a bachelorette, and nor did I not see anything blatantly touting this policy on their site, we brought champagne to have in the room while we were getting ready. Upon unloading the car, we were told that the cameras were watching already and we had to leave it in the car. Luckily, we arrived in separate waves, and another group of us was able to secure the champagne in a closed suitcase (as opposed to the open tote bag it was previously in). The doorman who met another group of us informed them of the policy and then purposefully turned away while it was secured out of sight in a closed bag.

Regardless, though, of how strict the policy is or not, I found the general principle to be rather silly. Save for cruises, I've never been to a hotel where they do not allow alcohol -or really pay any kind of mind to what you bring into your room. Turning Stone is a big celebratory facility (weddings, bachelor(ette), birthdays, etc.) and it only is natural and appropriate to enjoy a cocktail or two while you are in the room--PARTICULARLY if you are paying almost $1000 for your rooms. I can't lie- I was a bit perturbed by this and it will seriously make me reconsider booking another celebratory event here since I don't want to have to worry about "sneaking" anything in.

Overall, though, the stay was enjoyable and the facility is beautiful. Turning Stone itself is a fun place and has great themed restaurants and tons to do.

My bottom line: If you have the money and don't mind sneaking in your booze, The Lodge is a wonderful place to stay. If not, stay in The Towers. They are also nice enough and not quite as expensive.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We stayed at the lodge for the 1st time. It is a superior property, close to the action & restaurants of turning stone but quiet and nice. All rooms are spacious suites with nice amenities. The service is good. There's a bar off the lobby with limited hours and Wildflowers restaurant open for breakfast & lunch. We didn't have time to check out the pool or spa. The only disappointment was that our request for a later check out was denied. They encourage you to eat in their restaurants & gamble all night but make you check out at noon?

Room Tip: There are some smoking rooms and some non-smoking. The ground floor rooms don't have balconies.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Polly H
Reviewed February 20, 2014

This is our second stay at The Lodge and it did not disappoint. The room is large and very well appointed. The bed is very comfortable and in a separate room from a spacious sitting area. The bathroom and dressing areas also offer plenty of space. The rest of the hotel is beautifully decorated and the Great Room is a great place to hang out in the evening with a drink. The staff is wonderfully helpful and friendly. Worth the few extra dollars to stay here versus the Tower.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tommy B
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went away for Valentines day weekend and had a fantastic time. Check was a breeze very smooth and our room was ready on time so no issues there. We had a VIP suite with a fireplace and a separate loving room. The room was one of the best rooms I ever stayed at except they need to upgrade the tv and stand in the master bedroom. The casino is small compared to the ones I am use too but very nice. It is also very quiet on the lodge side as well you almost feel like your in your own private area on the resort. We ate at the pino restaurant which was great and also has drinks at the bar there which also was very nice with a terrific staff. We also had room service a few times too which was really good. Overall great stay if you want to get away from the kids with your spouse!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank diamondect4
Reviewed February 17, 2014

My wife and I stay at The Lodge every year for our anniversary. This year we booked back in December for a valentine's weekend and concert at the event center.
As usual the reception on drive up was outstanding. Check-in looked like it was going to be a breeze. That's when things went south. We arrived about 2:00pm our concierge advised us that our room would be ready by 3:00pm. We decided to get something to eat and return at 3:00. Upon our return we were advised that our room was not ready. My wife and I were asked to wait in the great rm area and they would let us know when the room would by ready. During this time the event staff was setting up for "The Chocolate Extravaganza" To which she invited us to attend at 6:pm. Our room was not ready until 4:30pm 1.5 hrs after check-in. We arrived for the Event at 6:00 and were turned away due to the fact that we were not on a "Package" guest list. When I voiced my dis pleasure about the Check-in issue and being invited to an event and being turned away, I was treated in a very Condescending matter by the staff.
I would normally rate our stay's from the past as outstanding. Not this time. There were obvious staffing and communication problems. The lodge itself never disappoints . it's a very beautiful and luxurious place to stay. We always enjoy our stay and also highly recommend S'kana Day Spa.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank David R
TS_Management, Manager at The Lodge at Turning Stone, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

We understand that you have recently spoken with our Front Office Manager, Nicolas Marquez. We were very disappointed to learn about the miscommunication regarding the evening's chocolate event, including how it was handled upon your arrival. Feedback such as yours is very important and we appreciate that you took the time to both comment in this forum and to speak with our Front Office Manager, personally. We were happy to learn that you have agreed to return for a future visit. We are sure that you won't be disappointed! Looking forward to seeing you soon!