“Fantastic resort!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Verona
The Lodge at Turning Stone
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Verona
Watertown
“Fantastic resort!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We only live about 1.5 hours from Turning Stone, so we come fairly regularly. We have stayed at both the Lodge and the Tower and have had fantastic service at both locations. The Lodge is without a doubt always my first choice. On our recent girls weekend trip, my sister was sick and the staff went out of their way to get distilled water and medication for her to make her more comfortable. The spa and restaurant are also fantastic.

Room Tip: If you are able to, spend the extra money for the fireplace suites in the winter. There's nothi...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Lockport, New York, United States
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Just wonderful. we arrived for 3 nights and 4 days during the week and the skana spa was amazing. so many different options to eat and we went to the Casino once. We are going to make the Spa getaway a once a year excursion it was that good...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2013

My best friend and I first stayed at the lodge about a year ago. Neither of us make a ton of money (I'm a waitress and she works in a group home) but we work very hard for our money so a couple times a year after saving our pennies we like to pamper ourselves.

We arrived at the Lodge in her little Hyundai Accent, embarrassed to have the valet park for us, but knew it was part of the experience. We checked in at the front desk with our back packs and grocery bags with our overnight things and were offered dinner reservations and spa appointments. We know that we don't look like wealthy people but we felt like we were treated like VIPs for our entire visit.

Our room was beautiful, the beds were incredibly comfortable (we even ordered pillows off the complimentary pillow menu! Which were delivered at turn down service along with a lovely dream catcher), the bath and shower were clean (everything was clean) and luxurious and the balcony gave us beautiful views.

Since we had saved enough money we splurged and ordered room service (arrived quickly, still hot and delicious) and a movie (Wanderlust... it was ok... lol). We had just enough money left to tip the person who brought us our room service along with the housekeepers who took care of our room.

I feel as if the management at the Lodge hires only the most qualified and friendly people to staff their hotel. I work in the service industry and I have not met a more friendly, professional and accommodating staff in any other setting.

I have recommended this hotel to friends and family and have been back to the Lodge 3 times since my first time (with my best friend and once with my boyfriend). I would come back more often if it were more affordable but only coming a few times a year allows it to be a special treat that I work hard for and for which I look forward to immensely.

So... one last thing, as it's something I've seen in my own workplace and have wondered about, why do we only reward people (with credits, free meals, free services and comp-ed rooms) who are rude, complain and leave poor reviews?

If I were in charge I'd give me a free stay at the Lodge ... or maybe a spa credit :)

In conclusion ... the Lodge has been and will continue to be a place I look forward to visiting several times a year!

• Stayed January 2013
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went to a concert and got a room for the night. We got there at 4 and check in was at 3 with room guaranteed by 6. Our room wasn't ready, we went to eat, came back at 5:30 and room not ready so they upgraded us. Valet and bellman were friendly, so was Allison at concierge. Room service was great. I had eggs benedict with a ham slice and my wife had two eggs, toast, and bacon; both tasted great.

• Stayed March 2013
Ilion, New York, United States
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Absolutely Beautiful. Excellent service.The spa services were excellent. The room was clean, spacious and inviting. Breakfast at Wildflowers was very good. Dinner at TS Steakhouse was excellent. the food was incredible and service was impeccable. The bed was very comfortable, and the "pillow menu" had great options. I appreciated something more than a goose feather pillow. We used the birthday package- the flower arrangement was beautiful and the cake was superb.
I have stayed in the casino itself, and the tower, but the lodge was amazing!
I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Scotia, New York
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This was one of the best, if not the best experience my wife and i have had, We stayed at the lodge and were treated like King and Queen, the room at the Lodge was impecable and comfortable, the staff was courteous and helpful, and the dining was delicious and afordable. We plan on making this a yearly experience and will only stay at the lodge.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Rochester, New York
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

I'm writing this while I'm sitting in our king bed suite with a balcony at The Lodge. This is a 5 star experience. The room is clean and spacious with high end amenities. I can't even think of anything to suggest that could make this better - yes, it's really that good! I'll be sad to check out tomorrow. As an aside, try to make time to visit the indoor pool and jacuzzi as its quite a lovely experience.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Snert41
Also consider these accommodations in or near Verona
The Hotel at Turning Stone Resort
La Quinta Inn & Suites Verona
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Verona
Fairfield Inn & Suites Verona
Wingate by Wyndham Rome
Hampton Inn & Suites New Hartford

Been to The Lodge at Turning Stone? Share your experiences!