“Great Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Lodge at Turning Stone
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Verona
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

Best place ever!!! The valet was just great. Spa was beautiful and the most amazing relaxing massage. Dinner at steakhouse was 5 stars. I gambled and loved the experience. Ill go back every year for my anniversary.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

I mad an unplanned stop at the Lodge when a long drive got too late. At 10:00 on a Saturday night I walked into the lobby and asked if they had any rooms. The efficient, friendly young man apologetically informed me that they were completely booked and quickly checked the other casino properties with the same result. At that moment a manager popped out of her office and said that she had one room which was vacant because of a strange hum. In a thrice she showed me to a stunning king suite (I believe that this was the most basic room in an all suite property) and offered it at a steep discount. The hum was fine so I checked in while bell service took my bags. I then went back to the car (just outside the glass doors) to retrieve my sleeping daughter and realized that the same manager was hovering by the car to make sure she didn't stir! The valet whisked my car away while I hurried through the lobby to discover that a team from housekeeping was just leaving the room where they had hustled to do a quick turndown service.

The room was beautiful, extremely comfortable, and thoughtfully laid out. I love a really good spa shower and this fit the bill. The lobby and grounds are lovely even in the depths of winter. Wildflowers restaurant served us an excellent breakfast. The orange juice tasted fresh squeezed and the blueberry pancakes are some of the best I have ever had. Apparently they are even better when the restaurant uses berries from their own bushes in summer. It was a bit expensive but I have paid more for far worse breakfasts in "high end" chains.

The property, room, and restaurant are beautiful, cozy, and serene but what caused me to give the lodge a five was the truly exceptional customer service. Every single person I interacted with was helpful, efficient, and friendly but with not even a whisper of snobbery or officiousness. I would never have thought to plan a luxury getaway to this casino property. Now I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: All rooms have patios or balconies. I was on the casino side right next to the lobby and couldn'...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank AllTerra
Lawrence, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Welcoming; Everyone that was working their was very nice. The room was very clean and had a beautiful bathroom. Best place I have stayed at by far. The room service was amazing. What a comfortable nights sleep, I enjoyed the relaxing music as we entered the room. Next time we have to take advantage of the spa therapy.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hamlin NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

My wife and I have stayed in the Lodge as staff of the New York Assoc. of Fire Chiefs and have always been pleased with the friendly people that work at the Lodge. This was our 49th. wedding Anniversary and the Valentines package was a nice way to celebrate. We had the best time ever. Your staff is the best.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Webster, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

We absolutely had a wonderful time. Our room was beautiful and spotless. The staff could not not have any more helpful. They were amazing. Thank you!!!! The pool and hot tub was sooooooo relaxing and beautiful as well. The food was very good too. We will be back very very soon. Thank you!!

Barbara and Jim Cieslewicz

Room Tip: We loved the 4th floor. Very quiet and private.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

A winter girls escape, everything was wonderful. From the moment we arrived, every member of the staff was polite, professional, and attentive. We were taken care of by Brian at check in, he saw to every possible detail to make us feel welcome! Allison was there to greet us with cookies as Brian brought us hot chocolate. We spent the afternoon at Skana, we all had fabulous treatments, and enjoyed the wonderful amenities and staff. The Lodge has spacious and comfortable suites, we didn't want to leave! Our breakfast at Wildflower was delicious, and the service was excellent. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

My husband and myself loved staying at your hotel. It was clean quiet. We were treated with respect by everyone who works there. I have stayed in many places in my life and to compare you to any of them would be impossible. You are the best. The food was wonderful . I didn't meet one person who wasn't happy , We have stayed at Turning Stone many times and I can't think of a bad word I can say about the service. I am sure the bosses don't have a clue how the people who work there go out of there way to help . Even a hug when needed. They treat each like family. Ready to help each other. Thank You Ruth

Room Tip: I have always left it up to you to give me my room and have not been disappointed.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Verona
The Hotel at Turning Stone Resort
La Quinta Inn & Suites Verona
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Verona
Fairfield Inn & Suites Verona
Wingate by Wyndham Rome
Vernon Downs Hotel
Vernon Downs Hotel
#2 of 2 in Vernon

Been to The Lodge at Turning Stone? Share your experiences!