“Opulence in a Mundane Region”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Verona
The Lodge at Turning Stone
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Verona
Upstate New York
“Opulence in a Mundane Region”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

My spouse and I decided to go to the lodge for a quick one-night get-a-way. We both had never stayed at the lodge before but heard generally good reviews about it. Service was impeccable, the valet staff were gracious and a great first/last point of contact between us and the staff. The lobby is spectacular. The native furnishings paired with a modern lodge ambiance strikes an elegant yet unpretentious balance. Our room was spotless, which is always something I take note of. The king sized bed was comfortable, however the standout of the room for me was the bathroom. From the soaking tub to large shower to the double french-door entries, everything about it was great. A very minor mention is that there was only one sink in the bathroom, two would have been ideal. During our short stay we managed to use the pool and hot tub a couple times, which I recommend patrons take advantage of. Overall, service was on point during all our encounters with various staff and the facility evokes a true spa/pampering type feel.

Room Tip: Rooms that face away from the front circle are not recommended, since you can hear the thru-way nois...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ast66

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Wellsboro, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

This place is over the top. The staff are very attentive. The Lodge is very well clean, quiet and a nice place for a quick get away. The Wild Flower Resturant is superb and is definetly a 4/5 Star dining experience. We have also eaten at the Steak and Italian resturants in the Casino and they are very good also. My only complaint is that I don't feel the buffet resturant is up to the standard that are shown in the rest of the resort. If you are a golfer you will not find 3 nicer or well groomed courses. All 3 are worth playing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank yurgis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed at the Lodge for a girls's get-away road trip. Although it was a long ride for a short stay, it was worth it! The rooms are set up beautifully with a nice sized balcony to relax on. Our dinner at Wildflowers was fine dining -both food and service were excellent. They fixed a glitch in our check to our satisfaction in minutes. Spa and treatments as well as the pool were most enjoyable. Look forward to a return trip and maybe take advantage of the golf. Would say the casino is so-so but then I'm not really a big player.

Room Tip: upper floor with balcony would seem to be best choice
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ann M
Westchester, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

Those that follow me know I am a tough critic and I very rarely give an establishment 5 stars, but the Lodge at Turning Stone deserves such an honor. Surprisingly, they get it. The facade, decor and rooms are impressive with stone, wood and high ceilings all providing an ultimate Adirondack lodge feel. The service was also on par with what you'd expect from a 5 diamond award winning hotel. Each time I walked through the lobby or passed a valet, they knew my name and asked how I was doing. Room service was competent, on time and the food was above average. We stayed in a VIP suite, which had a fireplace, and that certainly added to the experience, but even apart from the room, the hotel was a drastic step in the right direction from what the old tower hotel is. The only drawbacks were that the gym was a little small and the carpet in our room should probably be changed within the next 12 months or so. Otherwise, it was a nice experience and this is where we'll be staying when visiting family in the Utica area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rufus100
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

We stayed at The Lodge the weekend of a friend's wedding and were extremely pleased with our choice. Each time we re-entered our room, it had been cleaned. When we would return at night, there was calming music already playing in our spotless room. The staff was one of our favorite aspects. Thompson and Harry were personable and made us feel more like friends and not just customers. Our car was always ready extremely quickly, which made my life less hectic when I was running late. There is also a beautiful back lawn and garden that was very relaxing to read in during my free time. It is also very convenient to access the casino, as the walkway to the casino is located on the second floor of the hotel.

Next time I go, I will plan enough time to go to their beautiful and relaxing spa. We can't wait to return!!

Room Tip: The walkway to the casino is located on the second level. If you don't want to have to ride the...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Amherst, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

We cannot say enough about the property, amenities and service at the Lodge. This is not the tower property at Turning Stone. It is a resort of the utmost luxury. All rooms are suites with the most beautiful design features. There are beautiful artifacts framed and outdoors plenty of seating in breathtaking gardens.

The valet and front staff set the tone which carried through our whole weekend stay. Everyone smiled and greeted us when we saw them in passing. Many times we were asked how our stay was going and if they could help us further.

We did not utilize the spa services, but my husband and his friend golfed on an amazing course. They were very pleased.

The turndown service was a pleasant surprise. Meals were delicious and service impeccable.

It is no wonder that the Lodge at Turning Stone is an award winning resort.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gretchen L
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

a lodge ??? really? a tent would be better, I am sorry but this is not a hotel. The casino is bad enought this place is worse. I am sorry I travel for a living this is not worth the money and the casino is worse. Bring oxgen tank the place is filled with smoke. NO hospitality here Rude

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank pagrif12
TS_Management, Manager at The Lodge at Turning Stone, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
We were very disappointed to learn that your stay at the Lodge did not meet your expectations. If our staff indeed treated you less than favorably, that is of great concern to me and I hope you would consider taking a moment to discuss your experience with us personally. I can be reached at the number below. I sincerely hope to hear from you soon.

Nicolas Marquez
Lodge Front Office Manager
1-800-771-7711
Also consider these accommodations in or near Verona
The Hotel at Turning Stone Resort
La Quinta Inn & Suites Verona
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Verona
Fairfield Inn & Suites Verona
Wingate by Wyndham Rome
Hampton Inn & Suites New Hartford

Been to The Lodge at Turning Stone? Share your experiences!