“Late dinner, lovely waitress”
Review of Emerald Restaurant

Emerald Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 20 Restaurants in Verona
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: From dawn to dusk, the full-service Emerald restaurant serves casual fare in a comfortable, relaxed setting. Choose from a classic American menu ranging from hearty breakfast favorites, to fresh salads, sandwiches, burgers and full dinners. Open 24 hours a day, the Emerald is a great place to find early morning refreshment or a satisfying late night snack. Open 7 Days A Week, 24 Hours A Day
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Was at Turning Stone for a wedding so this was the only restaurant meal I was able to eat at after a day of touring the Thousand Islands. Emerald is a 24 hour diner-style operation with a somewhat limited menu.

I had a burger with mushroom and Swiss, my mother ordered chicken alfredo. My burger was slightly overdone compared to my request, but the meat itself had very good flavor. The kitchen did not add salt or pepper to my plate and the swiss was a cheap, mild variety so some might find their burger dishes bland although I didn't have a problem with it. The red onion pieces, however, were extremely wet and limp and were most likely sitting in water. To be honest they looked like they were sitting on someone else's salad, picked off and placed on my plate.

My mother didn't like the alfredo dish. I tried it and it tasted institutional at best. The chicken wasn't defatted and had the rubbery skin still attached.

The waitress brought over a basket of four rolls which had at least ten foil wrapped pieces of butter. While generous, it is a huge waste of food because all the unused butter gets thrown out. When we saw a couple of other tables being cleared, all the unused butter, uneaten rolls get thrown away. The casino/restaurant should consider providing the bread basket only upon request or limit one roll and one or two butter squares per person to help limit waste.

Our waitress was probably one of the most pleasant waitresses I've ever encountered. I wish I could remember her name to recognize her as she had the most professional, courteous and relaxed demeanor I've ever encountered. This was this past Sunday night and our table was to the immediate left of the entrance. I would give ten stars because of her if it wasn't for the limp onions and rubber chicken.

2  Thank PJess121

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Went here three times over the course of a weekend. Breakfast, midnight desserts, and lunch. Never a complaint with the food. Cooked nicely. Great portions. Tasty. Play Keno while you eat.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Great restaurant. We had breakfast there. All portions were large and even orange juice was a full size glass. Servers were prompt and courteous

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Slightly outdated decor but was what we expected from a casino diner. The food was actually pretty good - came out very hot and relatvely quickly. Not the healthiest menu but certainly had something for everyone.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Food was good but coffee was not. Lunch was average.Staff was good. Delivery of food took a little long.