“Scared for my life!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Chatham, Massachusetts
“Scared for my life!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

7 PM - Someone tried to bust into my room and was able to unlock the door including the deadbolt I had applied. The force was enough to knock the swinging bar door guard 4" off the door surface. I recovered from the shock enough to dial "O" for the front desk but the call cut off after 11 rings. This happened three times! My next thought was to dial 9-1-1 for the police but I decided to try dialing the full hotel telephone number from my cell phone and after quite a few rings the front desk answered my call. The clerk apologized for not picking up my three previous attempts. She guessed the cause of my trauma was a maintenance worker trying to check the heat in my room. I was scared for my life! and am still feeling the effects of the trauma.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank P3ters2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
ILION
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

First time stay in this hotel. I was very impressed with it. Brightly lit interiors, comfortable rooms, and professional staff. Had a shuttle service to the casino, which was convenient. The heating unit under the window was a little noisy, which was a minor annoyance. Hot breakfast in the morning was good.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank CRAIG_S_1981
Elmira, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

My husband and I recently booked a king room for the night. When arriving at the hotel the staff was very friendly. When we got up to our room the bed was not a king but 2 full size beds. My husband went downstairs to ask and the front desk said that when we booked online it wasn't a reservation but just a request to have a king bed. My husband disagreed with her and since the hotel was booked with a large wedding the staff couldn't get us another room but DID give us our room for half off. I'll take a half off room for the smaller beds! When checking out in the morning the lady at the front desk had told us the truth that another guest had extended his stay in the king room so they had to move us around. If we were told that at check in we may have been more understanding instead of them trying to pull a fast one on us. The room was very nice and passed my clean inspections! I would stay again when going for a date night away for some casino fun! The breakfast was good! And the pool looked great although we didn't use it!!

• Stayed January 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

Nice room, good size, comfortable, clean, fridge, coffee maker, nice TV, etc. Nice breakfast, convenient location to casino, great amenities. Only caution - my room on first floor near maintenance room / closet and exit door was active during the night, so ask for room away from that spot if you are a light sleeper. Otherwise, two thumbs up, I would certainly return.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Verona
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Verona
The Hotel at Turning Stone Resort
Fairfield Inn & Suites Verona
Wingate by Wyndham Rome
Hampton Inn & Suites New Hartford
Vernon Downs Hotel
Vernon Downs Hotel
#2 of 2 in Vernon

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Verona? Share your experiences!