“Nice hotel, bring lots of money!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Verona
The Tower at Turning Stone Resort
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Verona
Fairfax, Vermont
“Nice hotel, bring lots of money!”
Reviewed June 13, 2010

Stayed here for a convention my partner had to attend. Room was on 7th floor, nicely appointed have stayed in similar style rooms in a new Holiday Inn Express. Not sure of cost as this was company paid. Beds were on soft side. Only 1 hook in bathroom to hang towels, which I thought was odd. Bathroom was very modern though, big shower with duel shower heads. Very odd that there were no outlets to plug computer into on desk, others said they had a lamp with outlet but this wasn't the case in our room. Luckily our neighbors were quiet, as the walls are pretty thin, could here alarms and cell phones going off. Getting to the room is odd, as you need to use your room key to activate elevator, I appreciate the security, but it was a pain when you were carrying something.
Got one of the best massages ever at the spa, so do recommend it if you get a chance.
Not a gambler so didn't spend too much time in there. Restaurants are WAY over-priced. $30 for an average steak, PLUS $6 to get a baked potato?? Come on, why don't you just shake me down at the door! Also went to the Rodizio, a brazilian type place with different meats brought to your table. No one at our table was impressed with it.

On a bright note, the staff was very friendly and helpful and the hotel is nice looking, not tacky-glitzy which I generally don't like. But all in all, I can't say I"d go back.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank gpdvt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Rome NY
Reviewed January 28, 2010

I have been out of the country for awhile and stayed at TS Towers just before I left. It is a great place to stay...so much to offer. The rooms are spacious and the beds are so comfortable. I am looking forward to returning again real soon.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed October 14, 2009

I spent three nights at Turning Stone for a conference. All the events were held in the hotel and events center, and the hosting group negotiated a room rate that was attractive ($108). I have attended the same conference at Turning Stone in the past, so I was familiar with the facility. This was my second time staying at the resort and casino.

My room was in the tower. An associate was also attending the conference, and we wanted adjoining rooms. I was told that this could not be reserved in advance and that I would have to ask at the desk on the day I checked in. When I checked in, the desk clerk tried very to find an adjoining room set, and she was able to secure one. I give the desk staff high marks for its willingness to help.

My room was spacious and open with a king bed. There was also a small couch, end table and work desk. In all, the room was very comfortable, as well as clean and quiet. The bathroom was incredible. Again, it was spacious with a large mirror. The shower was a large stall with a unique dual-head shower bar system that provided plenty of water power.

The rooms have wired and wireless Internet access. The wireless access was not reliable, but the wired access was great. It was also free. There is a business center as well, although I did not use it.

There are several restaurant choices on-site. I ate at the Diamond Café several times, which was a practical choice. The food was fine.

My trip to Turning Stone was centered around a conference and not the casino, but my hotel stay was very good. The room was comfortable and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. If I have a reason to return to Turning Stone I will gladly stay here again. (CS)

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelerChriss
Stevensville, Maryland
Reviewed October 7, 2009

We visited in late September with Family. Had some free rooms from a family member that had some gambling comps.

The hotel room was dated, but you can't really avoid that unless they undergo a massive remodeling. I'm always disappointed when rooms don't include a fridge, but we did get one for a nominal $5 charge. Internet was free. But the room just seemed small. I can't say that it is any smaller than the typical budget room, but we felt cramped and it could have been cleaner. I also find it incredibly hard to believe that they had no rooms available with the lock-off door so we could have been closer to our family, but ... the room was a comp, so ... what can you do.

In contrast, we had a room about 18 months ago in the newer tower, and that room was FANTASTIC. Go check that out if you have a choice. You won't be disappointed.

Buffet is one of the best I've been to outside of the Vegas strip, the casino is large and I enjoyed it, the rewards program in the casino seems to be excellent, and they have some nice coffee/dessert shops. Valet was slow, as others have mentioned.

All in all, I'd go back - but would only stay in the new section. The older rooms are just a big turn-off to me.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank cne24
Wayne, NJ
Reviewed October 2, 2009

After being brought to my corner room on the 19th floor of the tower, I drew back the curtains to find about 50 dead, and dying, flies on both window sills. Then I noticed quite a few dead and dying flies all around. I called the desk and they had a bellman bring me to another corner room on the 18th floor. I guess it was an improvement as there were only about 20 dead, and dying, flies in this room. The bellman went on to say how this seemed to be a problem only in the corner rooms. I then asked for a non-corner room and the third room was OK. I wonder why flies are drawn to the corner rooms? Maybe something dead? Other than the flies, it was OK

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank ChazT
Lakewood Ranch, Florida
Reviewed September 20, 2009

We stayed at the Turning Stone Hotel last week and were pleasantly surprised at the beauty of the hotel. The desk staff was congenial and both check in and check out was a breeze. The room was clean, quiet and very comfortable, but the mattress was a little too soft for our taste.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
misssiu@aol.com
Reviewed June 23, 2009

My daughter and I stayed at Turning Stone in the four diamond Tower for a mother daughter getaway and had a wonderful time. I completely discount any of the other bad reviews as our room was spotless and the staff extremely accommodating. We spent time in Skana,the luxury spa attached to the Lodge, and were pampered royally. If you are looking for a relaxing one or two night getaway then you should seriously consider Turning Stone. We found it to be a great value for all the resort has to offer (golf, spa, tennis, great restaurants, pool etc). They even have a cute general store with unique gifts and stuff made in NY State.

We will be back!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank MissSiu
Also consider these accommodations in or near Verona
The Hotel at Turning Stone Resort
La Quinta Inn & Suites Verona
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Verona
Fairfield Inn & Suites Verona
Vernon Downs Hotel
Vernon Downs Hotel
#3 of 3 in Vernon
Wingate by Wyndham Rome

Been to The Tower at Turning Stone Resort? Share your experiences!