All reviews turning stone corner room upstate tavern mini bar table games nice room parking garage business meeting casino floor great shower atlantic city event center central ny non smoking area shower head ts steakhouse get away
Reviewed August 2, 2018

This trip was for our anniversary. The hotel room was great. Bed was very comfy. It is a little noisy with water from showers and toilets but nothing that wakes you from your sleep. View from tower was very nice.

All the staff is very friendly and make a point of saying good day and go out of the way to be helpful. Loved our visit and will return ..

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
kevinvaillancourt, Manager at The Tower at Turning Stone Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2018

Thank you so much for your very kind review. We are glad that you enjoyed yourselves and that you chose our resort to celebrate your anniversary. Please come back soon.

Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

This place is great. The hotel itself is beautiful with complimentary valet parking. Checkin was extremely fast and pleasant. The room is beautiful. My favorite part was the bathroom as it was spacious and the walk in shower itself, was large. The shower heads are actually on portable holder and you have to place them over your head but once I figured it out, I was good. Gilchrest & soames gel, shampoo, conditioner and body lotion, along with mouthwash smelled sooooo good. We signed up for players cards and they gave us $25 each to play with. We also won. We can’t wait to go back!

Stayed: August 2018
1  Thank gritreid
Reviewed July 18, 2018

I go here probably once a month or so. My favorite is the spa, always and the pool!! Love it!! The only important thing that you should know is that you cannot bring in your own alcohol. I was stopped by the valet when we were dropping off our vehicle and he was EXTREMELY RUDE about it. I wasn't aware of this rule and it wasn't posted anywhere. When we went to check in apparently the valet had went inside and already told the woman at check in that we were trying to bring outside alcohol in and she told us that we weren't allowed to bring in alcohol. Seriously??? The valet ratted us out ?? I am not a child or a teenager for that matter, I have allergies and I can only drink certain types of wine otherwise I get an asthma attack. Nevertheless, I will still return here but the valets need to be schooled on the proper way of handling situations such as this. The rooms are not cheap. We always stay in the tower section which depending on when you are there can run around $450 a night. Our first room we were given reeked of cigarette smoke, the second room smelled like they had a long term water leak, I was envisioning mold growth it smelled so bad and the third room was okay. The only reason I am giving three bubbles for this trip is the valet. Maybe the hotel should post the "no outside alcohol " policy? I am not sure of the reason but I travel quite often and it is difficult finding my special wine. Also make sure the rooms don't smell like cigarette smoke or mold before you rent them out. I have allergies, I am sure I am not the only one.

1  Thank Lavida L
kevinvaillancourt, Manager at The Tower at Turning Stone Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2018

Hello and thank you for your review. We apologize that you were not able to bring in your own alcohol. This policy was created as the laws of New York State are very strict and do not afford us the luxury of allowing outside alcohol. I have passed along your concerns regarding the experience with valet so that they can be addressed. If you stayed in the Tower then it would be unlikely that the room smelled of cigarettes, as theses are newly renovated and are completely non-smoking. Our Hotel section of the resort still has a few smoking rooms though. It is likely that you stayed in, or near, one of these rooms. We apologize for that as well.

Reviewed June 19, 2018

We had a room on the 10th floor. It was clean, very nicely decorated, and everything worked. The bed, a king, was comfortable, and the heating/air conditioning was super fast and good. The room-darkening shades did a very good job. There was a small refrigerator and a coffee machine. The flat screen TV got many channels. You couldn't operate the elevator to the room unless you had a key card to unlock your room door. We had a hard time getting our card to operate the elevator, until another guest showed us how. The room was very quiet. All in all, a good hotel experience.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
kevinvaillancourt, Manager at The Tower at Turning Stone Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2018

Hello and thank you for your kind review. We noticed that your service review was only at three pips. Can we ask if there were any issues during your stay that you would like to address?

Reviewed June 6, 2018 via mobile

I reserved a comp room last Wednesday 5/30 for Friday 6/1. I arrived at check in at 7 pm and was told the room is comped but there was a $50.00 deposit from my debit card and a $11.08 charge for the third person. I gave them my debit card and finished the check in. When I checked out the next day 6/2, I paid the $11.08 with my player points. I was told that the deposit would be returned in a couple of days. When I checked my account Monday 6/4 the deposit had not been returned and found out the front desk charged me another $92.00 for a room that was supposed to be a comp room. I called Monday and they said it was a glitch. All woul be returned. Well tomorrow is the 7th and I have seen nothing in my account. Now, $142.00 in my book is a nice sum of cash. Why it is not returned same day is beyond me. The Tropicana in Atlantic City returns you deposit with in 3 hours of check out so I know it’s not my bank which is closer to turning stone than two states away. Very poor front end service. Maybe I will get my money by Friday. Watch your account closely.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank George M
kevinvaillancourt, Manager at The Tower at Turning Stone Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2018

Hello George. It is our understanding that our Front Office Manager spoke with the bank and confirmed that the funds were returned to your account. If there is anything else you need please feel free to contact us. Thank you for staying with us. Please return soon.