We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Verona
The Tower at Turning Stone Resort
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Verona
Reviewed January 21, 2009

I grew up 20 miles from Turning Stone and have been visiting for the last 10 years. This was the first time I stayed overnight. Rumors among family and friends hinted at a casino/hotel that had finally become a respected establishment. Let me tell you, it still has a long, long way to go. My friend stayed at the Lodge, which has nice rooms ($350/night) but they certainly aren't worth the price. I stayed in the Tower ($250/night). At noon I called and was told my room was ready. At 2:00 pm when I arrived, I was told the room was cleaned but had not been inspected. An hour later, at check in time, it still wasn't ready. I went through 2 managers before someone came up with the briliant idea of putting me in the same type of room that was inspected (this process took about 30 min). The blank stares from managers and employees alike had me thinking I was at a Motel. Once I was given a room key I tipped the bellman $20. An hour after I was in my room, in the middle of taking a shower, I heard a knock at my room door. It was a young bellman who said he needed to ask me a personal question and asked if he could come into my room. Before letting him in, I inquired about what his question was and he actually asked me how much I had tipped the other bellman. If was very, very strange and unprofessional. Then, I ordered room service. They forgot 2 side dishes and still charged me. I called and even though they said it was be deducted, it never was. At checkout, I felt weird calling the bellman to help with my bags, so I carried them down to the lobby myself. Coincidentally, a manager checked me out, so I told her about the incidents and she was visibly upset that this occurred. Though, surprisingly, even though I had lots of charges to my room for food, she didn't offer any concessions. Then I explained that even though I called ahead of time and was told my room was ready, I couldn't check in until after 3:30. She again was surprised and apologetic, but didn't offer any concessions. I actually was not looking for anything in particular, but I am a frequent traveler and have a good sense for when a hotel should try to make the guest happy. This was a perfect situation but nothing was done. Had she removed just one little item (maybe $10 worth), I probably would not be writing this negative review. All in all, though I didn't list every problem, I left with the feeling that Turning Stone is still an amateur casino, as it was 10 years ago. You can throw all the money in the world into the decor, but if you hire foolish people and don't train staff properly, you'll continue to read negative reviews.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled solo
8  Thank Rufus100

Reviewed July 31, 2008

In June we received a letter from Turning Stone offering a free room in the tower and $100 towards food and beverage. We had only stopped in the casino once before. We didn't spend much in the casino that day so we were surprised to receive the offer. The room was big. The hotel was very clean. The food at Pino Bianco was very good. the atmosphere was quite enjoyable. The casino was OK. would like to see $5.00 table games. I prefer Atlantic City's casinos but would return to Turning Stone if in the area.

Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank Kat333
Reviewed April 9, 2008

Planned a special anniversary surprise for my husband and booked a bed and breakfast package via the hotels website. Requested a king bed and nice tub on a high floor -specifically mentioned the anniversary and wanted a quiet room etc.. The young girl who checked us in was Amanda>she said she had a king bed on a high floor but no tub- I said that if the view was nice I wouldn' t miss the tub. She told us about the breakfast options, gave us the 20$ in match play and our room/elevator key, and we were on our way.up to the 18 th floor-she told us it was the highest non smoking floor. we had room 1817. it was a corner room-with four large windows-but not really any view except the tops of the building below.
The room was very modern, nice, clean. there was a leather padded headboard and two floating night tables-a dresser, a small glass round table, a loveseat- a desk and modern chair, a tv cabinet w/ mini bar. The kingsize bed was comfortable and a quick call to housekeeping to get 2 more pillows, was no problem.
The bathroom was nice. modern-glass walkin shower for 2 - nice white towels and mats and turning stone toiletries. Every-
thing appeared clean and sparkling.
we checked in around 3 and were down in the casino by 4.
we gambled here and there for about 2 hours-then we made a reservation for Ridizio for 7:30 pm. went for a walk around the grounds and back to the room to change for dinner. I will post a seperate dinner review about the resturant. Wear loose pants and enjoy a nice dinning experience. A+++
Okay thats where the the great ends---another hour of gambling and we were so full we waddled back to our room. Got ready to snuggle in for the night-so FULL!!! well at around 11pm a large group of people entered the room next door- well lets just say that they were partyin' like it was new years eve!!! well the vent over the bed was like an intercome and we could hear more than we would ever choose to hear!!!we put up with it for over an hour and then they went out!!!THANK GOD!!! Well that only lasted for about an hour and 15 minutes....and they came back!!! loud as ever-woke us-we called security-they came up and it got quiet for about 20 min. and then the noise started getting louder and the language was very colorful-to say the least- there were nine different names/ voices in there-we called security agiain-nothing....between 2am an 4am we called 3 times--and not one wink of sleep!!!My last call warned them that i was getting ready to check out because of this. It became very clear--we were not going to get any sleep-we packed at 4 am and went down to the lobby-turned in the match play coupons and told them to have the valet bring my car around immediately !!!They Did!!!
In the mean time-they were only taking 40$ off a room i didn't even get to shower in...much less SLEEP!! they wouldn't budge on this so i wrote on the invoice that i protest these charges and would be contacting mastercard the next business day!!!!!!!!I also told them that I write on TA and that i would be letting everyone know how we were treated... No response whatsoever.
Off i went to drive the 80 miles home after a full day and a full belly -=( I guess I don't have to say how disapointed we were!!
so the hubby and I both thought they should've at least offered us another room or something. we had already decided that we would never stay there again!!!!
On monday morning I got a call from Tina-from Turning Stone, she was very apologetic, about how everything was handled and she took the remainder of the charges for the room off. We talked and she offered to have us give them another try --so maybe we will????
The casino is not a lively fun place-very depressing-no loose slots -maybe it's the lack of booze or something --but it leaves alot to be desired. I dropped 30$ in the slots-not a sniff!!!! and 50$ on Roulette and Zippo!!!we say very few winners.
Go to Rodizio for sure-ask for Mary!!
would I stay at the Tower again--not on my dime!!

Stayed: April 2008
3  Thank IrishQueenie
Reviewed March 28, 2008

We had a wonderful weekend stay at the Tower in Turning Stone Casino. Valet check in is complementary. The check in was fast & efficient. Hotel staff is hospitable and friendly.

Our Tower room was immaculate. It consisted of a spotless bathroom with beautiful walk-in shower and large sink area. The king-size bed was very comfortable. There was a roomy sitting area, nice view, and it was very quiet for sleeping.

Cost was $130 per night. Great value.

We had an amazing meal in one of the hotel's many restaurants. We selected the Brazilian steak house for our dinner and it was delicious. White linen table cloths & napkins. Good service. Salad bar included wonderful Sushi. Dinner included 2 sides and all you can eat (served tableside, not buffet style) of almost 12 different kinds of meats, fish, and poultry.

Cost was $80 for 2 people, including tip. Great value.

After dinner, we spent a lot of time at the casino. They have a smoking and non-smoking section for gamblers. Plenty of table games as well as slot machines.

Best part, is after our visit, we received a voucher for a free room for our next stay. Obviously, we are going again next month!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kja63
Reviewed February 17, 2008

We stayed in the tower for a business meeting. It was clean safe and secure. The decor was modern and sleek. Comfortable king bed but only 3 pillows (seemed chinzy for a king bed and 2 people) but they brought us extra upon request. In the lobby there was a lot of action and you could smell the smoke from the casino and other smoking areas. The restaurant choices seemed good. We ate at the Peach Blossom (asian). Good food and good service but we stll felt like we were at a casino (or on a cruise ship). We don't gamble but enjoyed it anyway. I'd go back for business but not really for a getaway. I thought the spa was overpriced but I can see where there would be enough other stuff to do in the summer (golf, tennis).

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank seg189
Reviewed June 3, 2007

We stayed at the Turning Stone for a wedding this past weekend. This resort is completely contemporary (everything is new) & the grounds are huge & perfectly landscaped (cool water fountains, a mini-steam). Check in was quick & painless. The staff throughout the entire property was beyond helpful. It was confusing, however, because the resort is made up of 3 different accommodations: the Lodge, the Hotel, the Towers, and an Inn- which is not close to the casino.
Our room #1509 (in the Towers) was amazing. Our view was of the driving range & forest beyond. The room was spacious, clean & swank- complete w/ a chase lounge. The bathroom was all marble with a steam shower, fancy sink & faucet, an amazing dual shower head, and a basket full of great shampoos, lotions etc.
The wedding reception was at the Shenendoah Clubhouse & it was fabulous! The food was the best I’d ever had at any reception. Everything was perfectly cooked & came out hot. We had lemon sorbet between courses which was fun. The staff did a routine to “Be our Guest” when bringing out the salad & rolls. It was great. The property has several other restaurants (although all pricey), 2 hot dog stands, and 2 Starbucks coffee stands.
The casino was very nice. We appreciated the non-smoking sections. We lost but had a great time. Staff again was great.
I didn’t have time to check out the fitness center, pool, or spa. And, I had friends staying in the Lodge & it was 5 stars all the way. If it wasn’t beyond way our budget, we would have moved there.
In terms of the location, there isn’t anything to do, see, eat adjacent to the resort.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
4  Thank egdp2006
Reviewed September 9, 2006

Was here for one evening on Sept 8 for a little gambling for my husband and the howie mandel show for both of us. We ate at the buffet and was all very good food. The crab legs on friday night were an added yummy for me. Our room was very clean and good sized for the two of us. We were on the 14th floor of the towers and had a pretty nice view of the gulf course and the hills. In the morning when I arose, I was fortunate enough to see a beautiful hot air balloon taking off. Very serene. The show in the showroom was awesome. Howie Mandel is just absolutley hilarious and would see him again for sure. The showroom itself is nice, but i think there seating is a little over crowded. But i would go again anyways. Now for the gambling., I am not a gambler myself, but i think it is one huge rip off. But i guess that is what most un -gamblers feel. My husband had a great time (didnt win nothing) but still had a good time. He also still prefers Niagara falls casino over this one. I was on the same slot machine for 2 hours. Not one drink offered to me. But oh well I Had my own drink with me anyways. That little compalint is more of an observation! I would most defnitley go again, but prolly more for a show then the gambling. Fun place to walk around and just people watch as well. Hoping next time I will have more time to enjoy the spa some as well. Looked very nice! Overall for us, a great experience and just being away from home for an evening was worth every penny (dollars) spent.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank smatzke64
Also consider these accommodations in or near Verona
The Hotel at Turning Stone Resort
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Verona
La Quinta Inn & Suites Verona
Fairfield Inn & Suites Verona
Wingate by Wyndham Rome
Vernon Downs Hotel
Vernon Downs Hotel
#3 of 3 in Vernon

Been to The Tower at Turning Stone Resort? Share your experiences!