“Check in”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Verona
The Tower at Turning Stone Resort
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Verona
Reviewed April 21, 2013

When a company schedules an event and has dinner set up at 6:00, it is crazy that we can't have a guarantee check in at 3:00 or even 4:00 like every other hotel. Your policy of "sometime between 3 and 6" is ridiculous. Aside from the fact that guests don't know if they'll have time to freshen up for dinner, they wait in line to discover room isn't ready and then we wait in line again to see if it is, over and over until we have a room. In the very least you should offer to call a cell when the room is ready and offer to store luggage so guests can maneuver around facility while waiting.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Jewelmac
TS_Management, Manager at The Tower at Turning Stone Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Our check-in time does indeed begin at 3pm, and rooms are guaranteed by 6pm. We apologize that this did not work well for your situation and we certainly understand your frustration. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest's experience, and we wanted to let you know that we are currently reviewing the procedure for notifying guests that thier rooms are ready. Also, you are always welcome to store your luggage with the bellmen at any time. We're disappointed that this was not clearly communicated. Your feedback is very important to us, and we have forwarded your review to our Front Office Manager, to share with the team.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I will certainly be coming back again. The check in was fast and simple even though I had to wait for my room key because the hotel had to take the alcohol out of the mini bar since I'm under 21. The staff helped me bring everything to my room and I was able to borrow a wheel chair for my brothers use for the night. I had a great time in the casino area and I made a few new friends too! The room was fantastic and the panoramic view was breathtaking

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We were at the resort for a conference. We stayed in the Tower and the room was very nice. A real drawback to the facility is the cigarette smoke you experience when walking through the hallways and especially in the restaurants. It is annoying enough to keep me away.

1  Thank SMHBuffalo_NY
TS_Management, Manager at The Tower at Turning Stone Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns regarding your recent stay. Your feedback is very important to us and we have shared your comments with the appropriate staff.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed at Turning Stone twice, both times while presenting at an early childhood education conference being held there. The first stay was disappointing because although I was in a non-smoking room on a non-smoking floor, sleeping at night was hard - the bed linens stank of cigarettes! My assumption was that all the laundry was done together, regardless of which rooms the linens came from, and in the process the strong scent of tobacco overpowered everything.
This time around, I immediately checked the bed the minute I walked into the room, and was relieved to confirm - as the hotel staff had guaranteed me when I alluded to that first experience as I made the resevations for this second stay - that there was no cigarette smell.
On the other hand, out of the 4 nights of my stay, twice my requested morning wake-up calls never came, making me miss important parts of my conference schedule. These were not two days in a row but on the 1st and 3rd mornings. The front desk staff, however, were extremely responsive to my complaints and on the 4th morning I got not only the automated call but also an operator-made call... And, in addition, I was given a small deduction of my room charges to make up for the problems.
On the bright side: The grounds are magnificent, the restaurant franchises are excellent, the premises are very well taken care of, and the service personnel are absolutely fantastic.

Room Tip: If you're as allergic to smoke as I am, by all means stay in the Tower, as it's completely n...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. Although we are disappointed to learn of the issue with your wake-up calls, we are very pleased that you were satisfied with our staff's response to this issue. Your feedback is very important to us and we have shared your comments with the team. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I thought the staff and the facilities of turning stone were lovely, the problem that was overwhelming was the smoke. I looked and looked at the materials from my conference that was booked at the resort and no where did I see the fact that it is completely smoke filled environment listed. The attempt to have a non smoking area is silly, there are not even walls between the smoking and non smoking area. I know it is the right of the nation to smoke, but it is so over the top that it makes it difficult.
I also found it very difficult to find all the different conference rooms, when you asked someone they were more than happy to help but perhaps more signs from the main walkway would be helpful. It is also very difficult to get a snack, bottle of water, early (7am) breakfast to take into a conference.. Opals was nice but the line was over an hour long as it was the only place available.. perhaps some breakfast food carts or something could be available when the conference is having 7am sessions.
I would like to say that I would try it again, as the organization that presented this conference is book at the resort for next year as well but I can not. I could not even eat in the restaurants because of the smoke. I will not participate in the conference and I can tell you that there were many people in the workshops with me that were saying the same thing.

Room Tip: if you do not smoke... try somewhere else
1  Thank Stepping Stone P

We are sorry to learn of your experience regarding your recent stay. Your feedback is very important to us and we have shared your review with the appropriate management. Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Good conference facilities. Staff worked diligently to fix problems with heat/cooling in several meeting areas. AV support was also prompt.

Tower room on 19th floor was wonderful. Love the shower!!

Was disappointed that recycling was not encouraged. Cigarette smoke was VERY annoying as we walked through the facility to the various meeting rooms.

Room Tip: Tower rooms are great.
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This resort is by far one of the best I have ever experienced. First resort that had tea along with complimentary coffee in the room. At Emerald my tea was served with honey without my asking. The only downer is that the hostesses at Emerald do not smile...everyone else was extremely friendly. The resort is four and half hours from our home, but I would love to return just for several days for a retreat!

Room Tip: We were on the seventh floor of the tower. Unfortunately there were some unruly people on the rooft...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Claire M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Verona
The Hotel at Turning Stone Resort
La Quinta Inn & Suites Verona
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Verona
Fairfield Inn & Suites Verona
Wingate by Wyndham Rome
Vernon Downs Hotel
Vernon Downs Hotel
#3 of 3 in Vernon

Been to The Tower at Turning Stone Resort? Share your experiences!