“rob thomas” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Tower at Turning Stone Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Verona
The Tower at Turning Stone Resort
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Verona
Long Lake, New York, United States
“rob thomas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

the room was great and the place was great, got a little lost when trying to find opal for coffee, and the sports bar later, but had great help from a worker named victor, I believe, he was a great help and very friendly and polite.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
valatie
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

do not bring alcohol-check your luggage and no previous notes regarding this. Check in time was stated as 3pm-got their @ 2 but had to wait until 5;30 to get room-and we still had to leave by 11am-quite expensive for 3/4qts day.
forget about gambling-they don't explain you can't use cash at slots -have to get in 2 hour line to get a card that you prepay and then wouldn't work in machines- security or higher ups informed me some older machines didn't work to well., No chairs to sit in lounge in one bar / music area and the list goes on-NNEVER WILL I RETURN TO THIS NATION RESORT AGAIN OR ANY OTHER Atlantic city is far better on east coast-beds where like worn out college dorm beds

Room Tip: if you want to check in early don't count on it-wear comfortable shoes and clothing because you...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
TS_Management, Manager at The Tower at Turning Stone Resort, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
We do offer beverage services available for purchase throughout the resort. For this reason, there are restrictions in place, regarding outside alcohol, that we must abide by. We apologize that this created an inconvenience for you.
Our check-in time, does indeed begin at 3pm and rooms are guaranteed by 6pm.
We are sorry that your experience at our resort did not meet your expectations. We hope you will consider giving us another opportunity someday in the near future. There are several new and exciting dining and entertainment experiences opening later this year. We think you might enjoy checking them out!
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

We add the opportunity of staying with your resort recently and our experience was excellent.It was a wonderful way to spend some quality time with our son and his family. We are from Canada and our son is with the US army and it was just a wonderful way to enjoy our time together. we will definitely stay at this resort when we are in your area again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Caledonia, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stay at Turning Stone every year for a business meeting but stay whenever My wife and I want to escape. Whether you are there for business or pleasure it's a great getaway for the winter doldrums. You have many different options, tennis, racquetball, and the spa to name a few. Guests have a wide range of dining selections whether they desire fine dining or a 24 hour restaurant with fantastic food. I don't gamble but that would not stop me from staying here and have a great, relaxing experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the Tower with a view of the golf course and the eternal fire by the lodge, its gr...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

My first impression of the hotel was not good as I walked through the door into a lovely lobby filled with cigarette smoke. It was unbearable. The concierge did inform me that the lobby was smoke free but that only means you cant light up at the desk - the lobby is filled with smoke from those lighting up 5 feet away from you in a large open room. The concierge also assured me that our room in the tower was competely smoke free, which it was, but unless you stay in your room all day and night there is no where else you can go that won't require you to shower and do laundry to get the thick smoke smell off of you. At check out my partner checked us out and I bee lined it outside so that I wouldn't have to drive home for 5 hours smelling of disgustin smoke. If you are a non smoker or have allergies or sensitivities this is NOT the hotel for you. it felt like a prison.

On the upside, the room was comfortable, nice sized washroom and shower and the bed was ok. We ate at the Steakhouse in the tower (the only smoke free restaurant) which was quite pricey but enjoyable. They have removed all of the other restaurants that are listed in the hotel directory so I think the steakhouse was the only option aside from the casino buffet. We were told there is a sports pub across the street as another option. if you do plan to eat here book a reservation as although they do take walk ins there are only 8 tables on the lounge side and when shows are on they fill up fast.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Charli70
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

Took my hubby for a quick overnight getaway. Had a great time. People are very friendly and helpful. Other reviews talk about the smoke... Yes it can get pretty smokey, but not so unbearable (and I am an ex-smoker)... Maybe it was because we went mid-week, but I did not feel that I had to shower and wash my clothes as soon as I got back to my room right after coming back from the casino. Went to TS Steakhouse for dinner and it was YUMMY... I over all highly recommend, but check out their package deals.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
East Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Excellent and very informative staff at the front desk. We indulged ourselves in a couples massage at the Lodge. Excellent ambiance and a great experience over all. I only wish we would have known about our ability to stay all day in the Spa. We would have booked our massage time earlier.
The only reason I am not rating this a five is because we saw a lot of frowns on cleaning staff. It was very apparent that they did not seem happy with their job. Not the hospitality look for a facility such as this.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Verona
The Hotel at Turning Stone Resort
La Quinta Inn & Suites Verona
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Verona
Fairfield Inn & Suites Verona
Wingate by Wyndham Rome
Hampton Inn & Suites New Hartford

Been to The Tower at Turning Stone Resort? Share your experiences!