The Tower at Turning Stone Resort
$48
$95
Relax Inn(Rome)
$70
All reviewsturning stonecorner roomupstate tavernmini barnon smokingnice roomtable gamescasino floorparking garagebusiness meetinggreat showerfood courtevent centercentral nyshower headts steakhouseget away
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 6, 2012

A friend and I were at the Turning Stone Resort and Casino for a conference for 2 nights. We had a magnificent room in the Towers section on the 18th floor overlooking the gorgeous Fall foliage. The outside wall was floor to ceiling window, absolutely spectacular! The room was spacious, the décor relaxing and the room was super quiet. There was no aroma of smoking as I have read in other reviews. The front desk staff was efficient and very pleasant for check in and check out. We had dinner at Pino Bianco, an Italian trattoria restaurant. Our service was impeccable, waiter was very helpful and our meals were what we expected, nothing special but certainly delicious. We had a dinner the next night at the Rodizio Bar. Mike was our bartender for the 2 evenings (at the bar) and our server for 1 dinner meal. What a GREAT guy! The sandwich/sushi meal was perfect for us. The service was wonderful and attentive. I was pleasantly surprised by the elegance of a casino stay. The resort is huge with a variety of entertainment scheduled. I would definitely recommend this hotel/resort for a special event even if you are not a gambler like me. I will be back!

Room Tip: I had asked for a room at the end of the hall in the corner, far from the elevators, very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank pulmqueen
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Turning Stone casino is nothing special, but the tower rooms are! They are very modern and comfortable. We've stayed several times and sometimes the views are excellent. The rooms are clean and well-appointed. The pool area is great and the spa is as well. The buffet is a great bargain (around $18 for dinner) and the food was good quality and variety. Only complain is the smoking. Some of us aren;t used to it being permitted.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank NYDiverAmy
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Wow! All I can say is that this was a first for me. I travel a lot for business and have never had this happen before especially at a rather pricey place. The window to the room was covered with filed when I checked in late on the first night. I swatted each fly leaving many dead bodies on the windowsill. I was just too tired to complain that night thinking that maybe the room had been closed up for a couple of days and this was a one time incident. The heating/AC grill rattled off and on all night waking me up periodically.
The next morning I ordered room service which consisted of a tiny bowl of yogurt and a massive plate of seriously sad looking cantalope, melon, and 4 strawberries along with a pot of coffee it totaled up to $26.00. Defintely not worth the price and lacking in quality.
After working all day I came back to find the window once again covered with flies. I called down to complain. The girl who answered the phone replied, " Oh ya that seems to happen a lot in the fall". Now I paid a lot of money for this room and then extra to get on a high floor. She did offer me to move to a lower floor but we agreed to have the maid come and kill all the flies while I was away at dinner. When I came back there were dead fly smash marks all over the window! For flies to show up everday day in the same spot indicates that something is not right somewhere.For the property to not address this is a serious oversight. Who wants to stay in a room swarming with flies?
The next morning when checking out I mentioned to the receptionist the fly situation. He replied that he was sorry. He wasn't in control of housekeeping and couldn't do anything about the situation.
I will not be returning to this resort as it just is over priced both for the room and food. The service is extremely poor which is resulting in this negative review of their property.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 20, 2012

The first few people you are greeted by at your destination can really leave an impression. Upon arriving at Turning Stone, the valets were all very accomodating but the door and concierge service was very unfriendly. We travel alot and wondered "why the attitude?" Then the front desk was very impolite because I used my husbands credit card and my name. I do this all the time and cards have the same number. Thankfully my husband arrived minutes after me but we still had to go wait in the long line again. Our room was very clean and tastefully decorated. Nothing spectacular but fine. The casino was just that a casino. Certainly busy enough. At the Emerald restaurant we had the best waiter, and our food was acceptable. Overall not a bad visit but they really need to work on how they greet their clients upon arrival. I might have considered going elsewhere if it wasn't located east of nowhere

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank chinamay
Reviewed September 2, 2012

we arrived at the hotel at 1145 pm. upon entering the room it smelled of stale cigarettes . It was too late and we were too tired to change rooms. The next morning upon advising the front desk. their response was it is a non smoking room. The supervisor then said they would spray the room. I demanded another room over all I did not find thr employees or management friendly or accomidating

Room Tip: stay at another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends