“smokey room”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Verona
The Tower at Turning Stone Resort
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Verona
Reviewed September 2, 2012

we arrived at the hotel at 1145 pm. upon entering the room it smelled of stale cigarettes . It was too late and we were too tired to change rooms. The next morning upon advising the front desk. their response was it is a non smoking room. The supervisor then said they would spray the room. I demanded another room over all I did not find thr employees or management friendly or accomidating

Room Tip: stay at another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Rocky01803

Reviewed August 31, 2012

2 nights in the tower hotel
-clean
-water pressure great
-service great
-check in a breeze
-got 2 beds with 3 people -no table or chairs to sit or have room service. Just one desk chair.
-one night table in the center of beds- to bad for the person on the other side of the bed
-water always splashed up the the bathroom sink-poor design of tap and bowl.
-paid extra $20 a night for higher floor-overlooked the roof of the casino-not pretty

Casino
-not happy with loading cards to play slots
-returned after 7 years -still on file- no free slot plays given-like new registers
-groups of staff standing around complaining
-not once offered a drink on gaming floor
-not a happy place
-STOP the SMOKING-they will still come

Buffet
-food ok
-no chocolate anything for dessert -whats up with this?
-service very slow-drinks took forever-we cleared plates for next round to buffet-this could of been the hotels fault did not see many wait staff around

Forest Grill
-excellent but you pay

Opals
-wonderful CHOCOLATE goodies
-great starbucks coffee

Emerald
-food very good and great pricing
-service great
-close to casino

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We really enjoyed staying at the Tower at Turning Stone. The facilities where 5 star, the staff very friendly and helpful, in all first class service. The buffet both breakfast and dinner where terrific. Great variety, carefully prepared and really delicious.We frequent many of the Casinos in the northeast and this is the best experience by far.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2012

The Tower at TS is very nice. Rooms are clean, spacious, and the service is as good as you would get at any great hotel. Views can be spectacular-if you have the right room-since the TS is the highest building for miles around. Unfortunately there are some rooms that overlook the roof of the lower part of the building-pipes,etc. Overall, a great place to stay!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Last week I enjoyed a stay at The Tower at TS, midweek. Check in was smooth and friendly. The room was exceptionally spacious with a terrific bathroom (dual shower head) and fantastic view of the countryside. The layout was smart and bed very comfortable. Access to the gaming was easy, with a quick elevator ride down to the casino.

The lunchtime buffet was quite exceptional. For around $15, you had a good selection of breakfast and lunch dishes. This was one of those buffets which provided both good selection and quality food--not just the volume game many try and get away with.

I also tried the spa (the one located in the Tower). Overall, I would rate this as so-so. For the price, I was expecting nicer facilities. There was a sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi. The place was empty so I received great service, but I felt there should be some upgrades to some of the amenities.

The casino staff was very friendly. It looked like most enjoyed working for Turning Stone and staff were fairly treated. My last experience at the hotel was with the Valet, who was very knowledgeable about the area and had a big smile on his face when I departed.

Overall, a nice few days in Central New York.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 28, 2012

First let me start by saying this was my second stay in the Tower. The first stay was a few months ago. We were put in a room next to the ice machine and I caution all of you to be aware - the walls are thin, and unless you want to listen to ice being dispensed all night, ask for a room far away from the ice machine.

Good: We arrived home today from another stay at the Tower. We requested a room away from the ice machine and got room 1119. It was extremely quiet and nice in that respect. The bathroom was immaculate! My Kindle Fire easily connected to the wireless service - no password required, and in most areas of the venue I received a strong signal. I like the security guard at the elevators and I also liked the key card access to use the elevator. There is a lot of convenient comfortable seating throughout the casino and it makes it nice for those of us who sometimes wait for others to finish playing. Now, the buffet - it was fabulous! They had a varied menu, but not too much to "maintain". It was clean and I had no trouble finding delicious food that was very well-prepared. I cannot say enough: salad dressings in pitchers with lids so they were not full of food droppings and did not require me to touch a handle that had been submersed in dressing; warming trays that were suspended over boiling water instead of flames that cause the bottom layer to dry out or scorch; and best of all - I tried some type of cold wild rice salad with red onion and craisins that was mind-blowing good. The staff, both cooking and serving, was wonderful, efficient and quick. Plus the buffet is open fairly late (at least on Fridays) which for me is a plus. Well done!

Bad: Although we requested a non-smoking room our room smelled of smoke and, in fact had an air cleaner running full blast when we checked in (another air cleaner was positioned in the hallway outside our room). My husband gambles, and I do understand that other than a few non-smoking casinos in Vegas, there is smoke. However, I have smoke allergies and should not have to smell someone else's stink in my room. Non-smoking should be free of smoke. Perhaps, if someone smokes in a non-smoking room he or she should have to pay for the room until the smell is completely removed. That being said. Both times we have stayed in the Tower we have parked in the parking garage. To me, entering the lobby is ... awkward. You park then enter the Tower; you then have to walk down a hallway; next down an escalator to the lobby of the Tower. When you leave you reverse this. There is no way to go directly from the garage to the lobby. Weird...

Ugly: I like to swim and specifically checked to make certain that the pool renovations were completed. I was assured they were. However, the pool in the Tower is part of the...Fitness Center and the casino wants you to pay $10.00 to use the center. However, they did offer another option. You can use the pool in the Hotel part of the venue. This was a journey I was not willing to make in swim appropriate garb: down the elevator, through the Tower lobby, skirt the casino area, through the Hotel lobby and arrive at the pool which, in our case, was FULL of kids. I have been to casinos and hotels all over the world and have never been expected to pay for using a fitness area (spa services yes, but fitness - NEVER) My husband said it was probably to reduce the number of kids for lap swimming. If that's the case, put restricted age limit or use conditions (IE: lap swimming only). Come on Turning Stone - this seems really cheap by any standards.

Room Tip: As I've said...stay away from the ice machine.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PCFL1
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Nice place but cold. Bring sweaters!!

Staff went out of their way to be friendly.

Room Tip: Really nice place, great service and great food. Just too much AC on all the time. It was freezing...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Verona
The Hotel at Turning Stone Resort
La Quinta Inn & Suites Verona
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Verona
Fairfield Inn & Suites Verona
Vernon Downs Hotel
Vernon Downs Hotel
#3 of 3 in Vernon
Hampton Inn & Suites New Hartford

Been to The Tower at Turning Stone Resort? Share your experiences!