“I always love this place”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Verona
The Tower at Turning Stone Resort
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Verona
NY
“I always love this place”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We just spent a night here along our way on a road trip... We always stay in the tower when we visit. It's just right. Nice large clean room, modern bathroom with stand up shower, etc. No problems here, and everyone is very friendly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I booked 4 rooms for two nights as part of a wedding party that reserved over 50 rooms. The experience of reserving the rooms should have been the tip off that customer service was not their forte. I wanted 4 rooms in my name, which they don't allow, so I gave them my wife's name, a daughter's name and my mother's name. When checking in, the front desk help was cold and indifferent to you being there and it went down hill from there. Would it hurt anyone to smile and welcome you?

They require ID from anyone checking in, but that fact was never conveyed when I made the reservation. I had ID. My wife and daughter did not. Since my mother was not there, I could not check in for her. Bryan, the front desk supervisor, admonished me for not have my name on the reserved rooms in addition to my wife and daughters; again nothing I was ever told. When I asked the reason for the high security, he snorted that 'it's our policy'.

We eventually did get into the rooms which were average with the exception of stained carpets in 3 of 4. Being a casino, everything smelled like cigarette smoke.

The buffet was extensive and quite good. Wedding at the lodge was outdoors and lovely, although the servers were not friendly.

We compared notes with family and other guests and concluded that working for the casino must be such a miserable existence to make most of the people that work there miserable.

Suggest that, if you are of a mind to have a wedding or otherwise vacation at a casino, you stay drive past Turning Stone to the next one.

Room Tip: Know the rules before you go because if you encounter a problem, they will not be accomodating.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank beentheredonethat97
, Manager at The Tower at Turning Stone Resort, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
We appreciate your feedback and certainly wish that you’d had a better experience. The level of service you endured is of great concern to us and we have taken the time to share your experience with our Front Desk staff. We would love to hear from you personally, if you wouldn’t mind taking the time to share more details of your stay with our Front Office Manager. Constructive feedback is always appreciated, as we are constantly looking for ways to improve our guest’s experience. Please feel free to contact us at 800-771-7711 and ask to speak to the Front Office Manager.
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

Second stay in the tower and this time in a junior suite. Amazing room, clean, well appointed and very large. As I said in my title you need to do some research before coming here, or you maybe disappointed. We've come here twice to see a concert and fully understand we're coming to a smokey casino where there isn't too much to do unless you like to gamble, golf or visit the spa. if you like doing those things then Turning Stone is a great place to spend a couple of days. I had no problem with the rate for our room, or the prices for food or drink, but was disappointed to learn they were no longer a dry hotel and you were not allowed to bring outside liquor. Took some smooth talking and an extra large tip to overlook my cooler, and I had to play the "we're from Canada" card. All the staff are very friendly and go out of their way to assist you, and to us that type of service makes this place worth coming back to. The one thing I really like is the help they give you at the tables if you don't know how to gamble; which is service you don't often find in busy casinos. To end, stay here if you're coming to a show or just want to relax for a couple of days and spend a few dollars at the tables or slots. Don't stay here if you want more than that.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Niskayuna
Reviewed June 13, 2012

The positives....comfortable, well appointed room with very comfy bed. Secure elevator so you must have a room key to access guest floors is very appreciated and good service in general and in the spa. Cons- Pricey for the room, got us for valet and if you want to check in before 4 you have to pay extra. Nothing to do besides gamble....no entertainment when there is no main stage attraction at all. They do have golf if you like that but if you don't golf or gamble, don't bother as there is nothing to do within driving distance either. Biggest beef, the pool area was closed and they don't make it obvious on their website nor do they adjust their price for the inconvenience.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nicolle G
dilliyo
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Stayed for two nights recently and was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of the resort. We didn't spend any time at the casino but the room was large, clean, and very comfortable. We ordered room service twice and found the food to be good though nothing exceptional. On the downside, staff did walk into our room without notice saying that they thought the room was vacant. Bottom line, I would definitely recommend the Tower if visiting the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I am a frequent visitor to the casino at the Turning Stone, but I only stay in the hotel once or twice a year. I booked a room for Thursday, May 10, 2012 and was able to check into the room at about 4pm. All of the rooms in the Tower are non-smoking. The beds and linens are comfortable and the room is very clean. Bathrooms are large. I love the breakfast room service. They provide a card for you to hang on your door when you go to bed with the details of your breakfast room service order. You simply choose your menu items, check off what time you want it delivered, and then it arrives at that time the next morning. I really enjoy breakfast this way.

The casino itself has come a long way in the last several years. They have added many more slot gaming titles--I love to play new games. The customer service of the resort overall is very good, and the amenities available on the property are varied. There is a food court, nicer restaurants, a bakery, a spa, golf, and several other highlights. I feel that an evening spent at The Turning Stone is a nice get away.

Room Tip: Book a room in the newer Tower
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Monroe, Connecticut
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We stayed at the Turning Stone Casino Tower Hotel on May 23rd. We had the king size bed room and the room was very large with a couch and beautiful walk in shower. The views of the country side was great and staff at check in very pleasant and friendly. She warned us not to open the ref as then you will be charged even if you don't use anything in it. We ate dinner and breakfast at the buffet and the choices are very good and food great.

Room Tip: King size bed rooms are very large and comfortable
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Verona
The Hotel at Turning Stone Resort
La Quinta Inn & Suites Verona
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Verona
Fairfield Inn & Suites Verona
Wingate by Wyndham Rome
Vernon Downs Hotel
Vernon Downs Hotel
#2 of 2 in Vernon

Been to The Tower at Turning Stone Resort? Share your experiences!