“Used to love this place, now despise it.”

The Hotel at Turning Stone Resort
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Verona
Kingston, Canada
“Used to love this place, now despise it.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

My husband and I learned of the TS from our parents and quickly learned to love it. However, we are so unbelievably frustrated with how delayed the mail "offers" are at arriving to us in Canada and our inability to utilize the free plays or free room offers before they expire or take the opportunity to upgrade (why would you offer is discounts on the Inn when we have only ever stayed in the Tower?) before those rooms are gone. Reservation staff have been rude and impatient and have more or less indicated that we'd get better offers if we spent more money, though they "sympathize" with our frustration. I was SO looking forward to my trip at the end of this week where my hubby and I could relax for two days. But after getting shafted out of using my room coupon offers and having to pay $400+ for two nights (as all offer upgrade rooms had been booked weeks earlier, even though we had only just received our coupon...) we decided to cancel our trip. I don't think we will ever be back. We might not have a lot of money but this has been a place we have loyally frequented (driving 3 hours from Canada) and I think next time we will go to an establishment closer to home. Very, very disappointed.

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank Starssobright

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

This is a great clean hotel! It also is a very wonderful Casino with so much to do. A great place to visit. Also has wonderful places to eat And great clubs. It is decorated beautiful. Love this place!

• Stayed June 2013
niskayuna ny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

We went on our anniversary(Sun nite) And had a great time. Clean room, clean property, great staff. We ate at the TS steakhouse, which was very good but pricy.I had a huge prime rib that I couldn't finish, but my wife was not impressed with the lamb chops. The only complaint my wife found with the casino was trying to find the right denomination slots. She thought there should be signs above different sections. She's a non-smoker and thought the non-smoking section had very good ventilation.

Room Tip: Don't simply rely on the internet. Call the accommodation people and tell them what your looking...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Green Island, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

On first entering I was hit in the face with the over powering smell of people smoking, I soon found slot machines in a no smoking area ,which some people were smoking anyway. Had lunch, food was good. Our room was very nice, clean and comfortable .My main complaint is a $25.00 slot machine by penny machines. It should be in a high rollers den, not by penny machines. I mistakenly took it for a 25 cent machine and lost $150.00 in two spins, I know it was my own fault for not looking more closely, but still ,it shouldn't be there. I'm sure other people have made the same mistake. My advise to others ,this is a very nice place to stay, but if you are playing slots ,look closely at the machine you are going to play

Room Tip: get a king ,very roomy
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PATRICIA D
Williamson, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

It is still disappointing the amount of smoke you still have to deal with at this time. I thought public places have caught on to the stench and annoyance of smoke. It is such a beautiful hotel and restaurant variety. The rooms were nice. Clean. The men working at the valet parking and the men at the bell service were EXCEPTIONAL! I have never had such great service. I dont know what kind of training these guys go through, but are genuinely happy to help you . I cant say enough about it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Julie J
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

I was there for a meeting for one night. Room was nice , clean and spacious. Great shower, not a tub, with good pressure. It was nice to stay and eat and gamble a little all in one location in upstate NY. Self parking was free and easy in their parking deck. A/C should take a lesson from them. Had a great meal at their steak house on the 21st floor The buffet was breakfast was ok, I look forward to a return trip.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Albany, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

apparantly this room was not used for a while because the towels smelled dusty , we could not use them until we got them replaced. On the day of checking out I woke up on hammering and drilling over my head aboput 8Am. When i went to speak to the maintenance man ( In the hospitality room where he was working , he was rude ,and not concern about what i am complaining about and in a rude manner waving his hands in my face is like ordering me to address my concern with the front desk. May be he was ordered to do the work , however , the managment should not have rented the room( if they coordibated with maintenace dept) if they plan to do maintenance work with such disturbance to the guests. also employee should be instructed to respond politely to the guest.i was attending Realtyusa rally. Rm427

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 524hany
TS_Management, Manager at The Hotel at Turning Stone Resort, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
We are so sorry to hear about your experience at the Hotel at Turning Stone and can certainly understand your frustration. Our Front Office Manager, Kim Lane, would like an opportunity to speak with you personally regarding your experience. If you would, please take a moment to contact her at 1-800-771-7711. We would appreciate further feedback so we can properly address this situation.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Verona
La Quinta Inn & Suites Verona
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Verona
Fairfield Inn & Suites Verona
Vernon Downs Hotel
Vernon Downs Hotel
#2 of 2 in Vernon
Wingate by Wyndham Rome
Hampton Inn & Suites New Hartford

Been to The Hotel at Turning Stone Resort? Share your experiences!