“Not worth the price!!”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Verona
Malone, New York
“Not worth the price!!”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Went to a concert and stayed over. Room was just so, so!! The A/C unit was very very load and we could not shut it off. We were told by front desk all the rooms are the same and there was nothing they could do about A/C unit!!! Food was priced out of this world at all 3 areas in the hotel to eat. The concert itself was a disaster. We paid for floor seats. As soon as the concert started, the people in the off floor seats flooded the floor seat area. They were standing on seats in front and behind us. Security asked them to move at least 5 times. They never did and were finally thrown out after the last song of the night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
TS_Management, Manager at The Hotel at Turning Stone Resort, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We're very sorry to learn about the issues that you encountered. Our Front Office Manager, Kim Lane, has attempted to get in contact with you to address your concerns personally. Unfortunately, she has been unable to reach you. If you would take a moment to return her call, we would appreciate it. She can be reached at 800-771-7711. We hope to hear from you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Watertown, New York, United States
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We have stayed at the hotel many many times and I have never had any issues ,rooms are always clean,staff is always friendly.I would however like to complain about the making of the reservations.My husband and I recently booked another room for a concert and when I was done on the phone the lady stated what the reservations were for two double beds and I immediately told her no it is my husband and I and we need only one bed and she stated ok I will take care of it .Upon our arrival we were booked in a room with two double beds!!!! I was not happy and they made no attempt to try to put me in another room due to they were booked they stated.I was very unhappy and I will not be staying there again anytime soon.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
We are very sorry to hear about the error with your room type and your experience at check-in. We understand that you have since spoken to our Front Office Manager who has addressed these issues personally. We are happy to hear that your other experiences have all been positive and that you have since decided that you will indeed return. We are sure your next stay will be up to the level of service you typically experience. See you soon!
Queensbury, New York
Reviewed May 28, 2013

First time staying at Turning Stone. This was a last minute stay and we had no problem booking a room. The hotel staff were friendly and accommodating. If you staying overnight the valet parking is free, which was welcomed as we arrived quite late. The room was large, clean and well appointed. The bed was very comfortable. I found the pillows to be a bit firm but there was an extra, softer pillow and blanket in the closet that was much more suited for my sleeping. My brother celebrates his anniversary here each year. I never understood why until we stayed here too. It was easy, fun, quiet and nice. We will be back

Kingston
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Went to see concert and stayed in hotel. very clean and front desk very helpful. I have play the golf courses and are always in top notch shape. The cost to play the regular 18 hole courses a bit pricy.

Cumberland, Rhode Island
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Service was great, people were friendly. Roulette table was unkind. Good restaurants and entertainment. Everything was kind of pricey, but which hotel/casino isn't?
I thought it was weird that you are not allowed to bring your own beer into your room, but not a big deal.
Had a smoking room, but it didn't smell smokey.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
texas
Reviewed May 20, 2013

The rooms were fine. Could have been anywhere USA. Double beds, not queens and I had a terrible time sleeping because the pillows were so very big my head was too far off the bed. Only one elevator for the hotel so it took a long time to get to guest rooms.

I didn't like the slot machines (couldn't find my favorite kinds) but I enjoyed the blackjack -- minimum bid was $10 for early afternoon which I thought was high.

Throop
Reviewed May 19, 2013

For our Mom's 90th birthday we decided to take her to your Resort for a day of gambling and dinner. Everything was great except the smell of the room had a hint of cigarette smoke other than that we had a really great day. the restaurant was really good (TS steakhouse) and the rooms were really clean. we will definitely be making a return trip.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Verona
La Quinta Inn & Suites Verona
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Verona
Fairfield Inn & Suites Verona
Vernon Downs Hotel
Vernon Downs Hotel
#2 of 2 in Vernon
Wingate by Wyndham Rome
Hampton Inn & Suites New Hartford

Been to The Hotel at Turning Stone Resort? Share your experiences!