“The Cigarette Smoke Comes Through the Vents!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Hotel at Turning Stone Resort

The Hotel at Turning Stone Resort
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Verona
Huntington, New York
“The Cigarette Smoke Comes Through the Vents!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed at the resort because I had a conference. My room was in the main hotel on the 3rd floor. The room was clean, and the décor was nice. A few complaints: when you enter the hotel the cigarette smoke from the casino just knocks you out. Also, even though I was on the 3rd floor in a non-smoking room, the smell of smoke permeated the air from the air vents. Since you couldn't open up the windows, I felt like I was choking the whole time. Also, the noise from the hallway echoes throughout the hotel. At 2 AM in the morning, all the drunks were screaming and yelling as they walked back to their rooms. Did not enjoy being awaken in the middle of the night.

Room Tip: Ask if any of the windows in the rooms open, try and stay in the tower on a high floor away from the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
TS_Management, Manager at The Hotel at Turning Stone Resort, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
We're very sorry to hear about your recent experience at the Hotel. We do offer several non-smoking areas throughout the resort. Recently, over 60% of our gaming floor became designated as non-smoking. For a future reservation, we'd like to suggest a room in the Tower. The Tower is not only, away from the gaming floor, it is also 100% non-smoking.
We also apologize for the disruptive guests that you encountered. Everyone deserves a good night's rest. In the future, we do have security on the premises at all times. If another guest is disrupting your stay, please do not hesitate to report it. We hope you will consider a return visit. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Cabot, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

My husband and I travel 5 hours each year to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We have stayed at other resorts and casinos. We absolutely love this resort. It is not too big and not too small. The hospitality here is wonderful. Everyone is friendly, courteous and professional from the dealers to housekeeping.
My husband and I always take in a show and this year it was the LOL Comedy. We are usually skeptics regarding stand up comedians but we had 2 hours of constant laughter. It was great. The gaming area is wonderful with tables for all dollar preferences. There are a variety of food venues from elegant dining to fast food.
The pool and hot tub are great.
It is a great relaxing experience and a fun gaming time.
If you enjoy sight seeing, Utica has great shopping or your only a couple of hours away from the Finger Lakes.

I recommend this venue highly.

Room Tip: My husband and I stayed in the hotel with a king size bed - non-smoking. It was quite and easily ac...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hyde Park, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Wonderful facility, staff was incredibly accommodating. Great choice in dining, restaurants had good variety. The layout is vast, so bring your walking shoes and your sense of direction. If you do not like the smell of smoke, this might not be the place for you. The smell of smoke is everywhere, even in the non-smoking rooms. You are pretty safe in the pool area and some restaurants.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Been going to Turning Stone for 20 years. Recently moved out of state and planned a 8 day trip to Turning Stone. As always I enjoy the Hotel, and the staff is always wonderful. However I have noticed in the last 4-5 years they've dedicated all their resources to expanding the clubs and golf courses etc. They are badly in need of a gaming expansion. Poker room, slots and tables are always so crowded it is hard to find a seat, especially on the weekends . They have also seriously diminished the smoking section of the casino. I would not recommend weekend visits if you're going for the gaming experience, as you will encounter overcrowding and long lines. If you enjoy the other amenities that the resort offers you will be very pleased.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Seneca Falls, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Hotel . The only thing I was a little disapointed in was the food at the Restaurant ( I forgot the Name, but it's the one in the back that serves Lunch and Breakfast. ) I was treating myself for a Steak and Shrinp Diner but the Steak was cold. I also wished we could have checked in before 3pm, but everything else was great and I will be back! My biggest positive supreise was the friendlyness of the Maid. I am a big Coffee drinker in the morning and had asked for one more regular Coffee, the Maid went above and beyond when acomandating me and even asked if I needed any additional Cream and Suger. thank you again for a great Getaway Weekend.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TS_Management, Manager at The Hotel at Turning Stone Resort, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
We are very sorry to hear about your dining experience. Always feel free to let us know if something could be better! We did want to share that you can always request an early check-in. Although we can not guarantee an early check-in, if it's possible to get you into your room sooner, we will! Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at the Hotel. We look forward to your return visit!
Port Jervis, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

My friend and I needed a vacation and were looking at spas. We decided to try turning stone and are so happy a did. The service was excellent, I especially liked the fact that I didn't need to leave the resort for entertainment. We went to relax and I world say we accomplished our goal. The day spa met all our needs and the spa package offered by the hotel was well with it. Loved the valet service and how friendly everyone was. We look forward to planning or next trip there already.

• Stayed March 2013
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed in the hotel and after dinner we were both very ill afterwards. I purchased the bed and breakfast package and my girlfriend was so ill through the night, she couldn't eat before 11am. So when I checked out I asked or a food voucher so she could have something later before we left and I was told no. NO? I wasn't asking for something I hadn't already paid for. I paid extra for the bed and breakfast and I ate breakfast and it cost $12. No food voucher. "Thank you for paying extra and not using it, buh bye now, too bad so sad." That's how it felt.
The bathrooms weren't as clean as I would expect and the tables were a minimum of $15 on a Tuesday afternoon? We live the same distance from Turning Stone as we do to Mohegan. Mohegan always has $10 and even $5 tables. The hotel there is down the road, but a LOT less expensive and soon it won't be down the road. We have always considered Turning Stone our favorite. This experience disappointed us a lot. Plus Mohegan has given me free rooms 3 times. I have NEVER received a free room from your casino.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
TS_Management, Manager at The Hotel at Turning Stone Resort, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Our Front Office Manager, Kim Lane, would appreciate an opportunity to discuss your experience in further detail. Please contact her at your earliest convenience at 1-800-771-7711. Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Verona
La Quinta Inn & Suites Verona
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Verona
Fairfield Inn & Suites Verona
Vernon Downs Hotel
Vernon Downs Hotel
#2 of 2 in Vernon
Hampton Inn & Suites New Hartford
Wingate by Wyndham Rome

Been to The Hotel at Turning Stone Resort? Share your experiences!