“Fairfield Verona - No Thank You!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Verona
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Verona
New York
“Fairfield Verona - No Thank You!”
Reviewed July 26, 2009

First of all, I don't know what they were thinking when they chose the color scheme for this place. I think they're trying to be trendy? But, to me it just looked cheap. When I saw the lobby, I was hoping it would not reflect the rooms - but I was wrong. I much prefer warm soothing colors rather than these vivid oranges and greens... yuck! The pattern on the carpet gave me headache! We'd been driving for hours and were exhausted when we checked in or I would have insisted on looking elsewhere. I wish we had. The price seemed reasonable and we really just wanted to sleep. But, instead, we could hear people talking up and down the hallway several times throughout the night. The next morning we could hear housekeeping knocking on doors when we were trying to sleep in. When we finally got up and went down to check out breakfast, it was huge disappointment (jimmy dean sausage sandwhiches!) Are you kidding? We left without saying a word. There's a casino across the street. We packed our stuff and went over there and had a really great breakfast. Maybe we should have stayed there.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FamiliaDeTravel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
upstate ny
Reviewed July 21, 2009

Hotel is very convienent to the turning stone casino, which is why we choose this hotel. Rooms are small, but nicely decorated. New funky feeling to it. Breakfast was included, which was the basic Toast, coffee, tea, bagels, cereal, yogurt, jimmy dean sausage biscuits. There was 24 hr coffee, tea and or hot chocolate, free newspapers, Don't stay in a room next to the stairs, as we heard people going up and down them since 6am in the morning. Sounded as if someone was playing basketball above our heads. Had a small 4 foot swimming pool, but it was clean and quiet. No one else in it. Beds were comfortable, but more on the firm side

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
New York
Reviewed July 16, 2009

I travel on business regularly and chose this location due to being a Marriott Rewards member and this hotel being close to my destination. I should have known better. Fairfield Inn's are on the low end of the spectrum. Although the room was clean, the bed was uncomfortable. I got a view of the highway so I could hear the trucks when they drove by (although in all fairness, my other choice was a view of a trailer park.) The staff was nice enough, but overall, I felt things were a bit "cheap". I'll definitely look around more to see if I can do better when I'm back in town next month.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Green Bay, WI
Reviewed July 12, 2009

The Fairfield Inn in Verona was an excellent place to stay. It was new and very modern. The rooms were very clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. The Inn is convenient to The Turning Stone Resort (across a major highway) and a much better alternative than staying at The Turning Stone Resort. We would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
The Great Northeast
Reviewed June 20, 2009

The Fairfield is directly across the street from The Turning Stone. I would recommend driving from the hotel to the casino, because you would be crossing a very busy, two-lane street if walking.

The hotel was exceptionally clean. Kudos to whoever designed the interior decor. Very retro, very funky--great colors. Our room was on the first floor and it was very, very clean. Since it was only two of us, we had a king-size bed which was quite comfortable. Our room had a nice 42" flat screen t.v. too.

The breakfast buffet was very, very good. Usual breakfast items with the addition of Jimmy Dean Sausage sandwiches which you pop in the microwave. I also liked having individual boxed cereal instead of those big containers that dispense it.

Overall, very pleased with our stay here. I would highly recommend it as an economical choice over the pricier casino lodgings!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 18, 2009

Brand new hotel eclectically decorated in modern/retro earthy feel. Exceptionally clean, excellent free bkfast, i.e. jimmy dean egg/sausage sandwiches, muffins, oatmeal, juices, coffee, cereals, choc. milk, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, raisin toast, bagels, bananas, apples. Great alternative to staying at Turning Stone Casino and Resort. Was $50 cheaper and literally across the street (although you have to drive the long driveway). Entrance a little hard to find. next to dilapidated trailer park, but you only drive by. Will definitely stay here again..... No restaurant, and restaurant next opening soon.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Woodstock, Vermont
Reviewed May 14, 2009

....9 weeks old, the car park newly surfaced and Natalie to greet us in the car park upon arrival...it was a joy! The room had everything one needed, there were not too many other guests thus it was quiet, the swimming pool looked inviting, and oh Natalie.....she was wonderful! We needed some hand cream so into the store cupboard we went. Could she find it....no...but rest assured she said you go off to dinner and i'll rumage cos' I know it's here somewhere. A couple of burps later as a passable local steak dinner went down...and we arrive at the reception desk...to two tubes of excellent hand cream. Got a razor I asked.....it was produced along with shaving cream.

Breakfast the next morning was more than adequate. Overall 10 out of 10!

Oh and Natalie if ever you are in Woodstock Vt pay a visit to the Woodstocker Inn as we loved you!!! This girl deserves promotion!

We visited the casino across the road, more expensive lodging, more artificial and my how glum all the punters looked! Why is it slot machines make folks look so unhappy? We didn't bet, but returned to our bed and tv....and as they say the rest is history!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Davidbignose!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Verona
La Quinta Inn & Suites Verona
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Verona
The Hotel at Turning Stone Resort
Wingate by Wyndham Rome
Hampton Inn & Suites New Hartford
Vernon Downs Hotel
Vernon Downs Hotel
#2 of 2 in Vernon

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Verona? Share your experiences!