“Great place for the price”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Verona
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Verona
New Jersey
“Great place for the price”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife and I stayed here to attend a conference at Turning Stone. The rooms are clean, there's free wifi, free breakfast (with waffles, hard-boiled eggs, breakfast sandwiches, cereals, bagels, fruit, etc.), a shuttle to take you to/from Turning Stone, and the Recovery sports bar in the same parking lot. The room had a microwave and refrigerator. It was a little humid in the room, but that's about the worst thing I can say.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 18, 2012

You couldn't give me a free room at this place! My sister and I booked a 3 night stay at this hotel, she had a $99 rate because she was an employee. Apparently her employee card also gives the staff at this place the right to swear at us and call us obsenities. Here's what happened;
We drove 4 hours and were happy and excited to begin our vacation. We sluggishly got out of the car but still were in great spirits! When we got in "Bonnie" greeted us with an attitude. We shrugged this off due to how excited we were to be there! She demanded my sisters employee ID and then demanded a credit card (not a debit card) we then pulled aut some gift cards and said we would like to pay with those but would give a credit card for incidentials.. The woman snapped at us and basically told us she was in charge and she would just cancel our reservation if we did not provide a card. I told her give us a second and we would be right back. ( I was going to get my credit card) She screamed something, and we had no idea who she was speaking to, so we kept walking. Next thing you know this grumpy crazy lady is beating on our car doors saying shes not a [-] but we are and that we were nothing more than a couple of [-]! Shocked at what had just happened we just sat there as she beat on the window screaming that the reservation was canceled! The best part is my sister reported this to her superior, and the 1-800 # and both times that she called SHE was repremanded!!!! Then I, not being an associate and actually being a loyal Marriott customer for over 10 years called, and the best I got was "we will forward your information"! I went in tears over to the Casino and they were kind enough to put us up for the same rate for one night, however we had to find a different hotel for the rest of our stays because they were booked. And we found the best hotel ever, it was right down the road, less expensive, AND they had bigger rooms and shuttle that took us EVERYWHERE we wanted to go. This was the LaQuinta! I did call the manager the next day, but he was just as defensive and rude as the woman who treated us this way, so I just let it go for the time being. I am now trying to get my money back from those stinking gift cards now.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank sassypants777
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We arrived at the Fairfield Inn without a reservation and were able to get a nice "suite" - a king bed with the closet wall and a half wall separating the bedroom from the living room. Bed linens and towels were soft and comfy. Breakfast was included.

We ate dinner at the Recovery Sports bar across the parking lot.

The hotel is just off the interstate and across from the Turning Point casino. This was our first time staying at a Fairfield Inn and we would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brigid H
Grand Island, New York (Buffalo area)
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We were on our way from Western New York to the Maine Coast. We decided to leave in the early evening and this was about 3 hours from our house. The hotel was nicer than we had expected at the Fairfield level. We were given an upgrade because I need an accessible room. The desk clerk was friendly and helpful. Juan - one of the maintenance guys opened the breakfast kitchen door, so I could have extra hot water for tea. Very kind. There is a restaurant - Recovery RoomSports Bar - right in the same parking lot. Food was good and reasonable and it was great not to have to get back in the car. It is right across the street from Turning Stone Casino and probably at half the price. Good place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012
Snow Hill
Reviewed August 14, 2012

It is apparent this hotel prides themselves of great customer service! We were greeted each time we entered & exited the hotel during a 3 night stay. All hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was outstanding, a very nice food selection. Hotel was very clean and our beds were comfy! I would recommend staying here!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Connecticut
Reviewed August 5, 2012

location is awesome Dunkin Donuts and Recoverry Room sports bar next door... TS Casino literally across the street.all good but rooms on smaller side.Careful Fairfield the new hotel next door has you well beat in room size.great choice,pool small but clean,breakfast decent with hot options

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

Definitely up to Marriott standards. Room was a bit tight, but most are. Public areas and room were clean and well kept. Plenty of towels at pool. Great water pressure in the shower.

• Stayed July 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Verona
La Quinta Inn & Suites Verona
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Verona
Vernon Downs Hotel
Vernon Downs Hotel
#3 of 3 in Vernon
Hampton Inn & Suites New Hartford
Wingate by Wyndham Rome
Fairfield Inn & Suites Utica

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Verona? Share your experiences!