“Not a Vegas Experience by Any Stretch of the Imagination”

Turning Stone Resort Casino
Ranked #2 of 7 things to do in Verona
More attraction details
Owner description: More than 120,000 square feet of Las Vegas-style gaming, with over 80 table games, Keno lounge, over 2300 gaming machines, 32 tables of live poker for up to 320 players, and one of the top High Stakes Bingo Halls in the world, featuring Cosmic Bingo every Saturday night. 5 golf courses: three 18-hole courses and two 9-hole layouts. Year-round indoor golf, racquet and fitness facilities, 2 golf virtual simulators, 4 indoor US OPEN blue Decoturf tennis courts and 2 racquetball courts, steam & sauna rooms, lap pool. The 800-seat cabaret-style Showroom, and 5,000-seat Event Center. Skana Spa, a 33,000 square foot destination spa, and Ahsi Day Spa, featuring 9 treatment rooms and full-service salon, offering a variety of massages, facials and body treatments, hairstyling, manicures & pedicures. Exit 33, the "Ultimate Entertainment Destination" includes LAVA, our sophisticated New York style nightclub; Tin Rooster, our country dancehall & BBQ; The Gig, our underground rock & roll club; and Turquoise Tiger, our sophisticated lounge and cocktail bar.
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I'd be curious to find out just how much Turning Stone has changed since our visit last summer, since according to its latest ad campaign it has significantly improved. We spent an afternoon trying to play the slots before seeing a show that night, but we couldn't find two seats together at any slots we recognized, never mind like. The whole casino was dirty, and the games were worn and outdated, too. We were spending the night, so we thought we'd have a couple of drinks before dinner, but we couldn't find a cocktail server anywhere. And I honestly can't even remember if we ate dinner, so if we did, it obviously wasn't anything to write home about. (We loved the show, but even Turning Stone would have a hard time screwing up Harry Connick.) The room was shabby, and we couldn't check out fast enough. We had a much better time on our way home when we stopped at Vernon Downs.

3  Thank ATassey
DaleVIP, Guest Relations Manager at Turning Stone Resort Casino, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We've made some big changes since your last visit in 2013. We have brand new slots with million-dollar jackpots, more ways to earn rewards, and true Free-Play that you keep. We hope you choose to visit us again and see our new changes for yourself.

All reviews
in 16 reviews
in 75 reviews
in 46 reviews

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Visited for 2nd time in quite a few yrs. for a 2 night stay, off-premises. Much has changed with large additions in gaming space, restaurants, and lodging. Payouts are worse, however. Decent selection of machines and ample table games. Only played slots as I got the feeling that Craps was possibly crooked, too. Cocktail service was horrible as we only saw the girl once each day for 2 days while playing several hrs. each day. Upon walking through entire gaming area, noticed there were, it seemed, enough waitresses to go around. They just must've used circuitous routes on their rounds. Saw 1 player hit a hand-pay on video keno and it took about 1/2 hr. for attendant to show up despite 2 calls from a security guy. Typical, they know how to take it in but don't want to pay if someone gets amazingly lucky on their machines that make tree bark look loose. Maybe it took an Act of Congress to get the million-dollar vault open for a payout miniscule to their take. Oh well, no sense in returning to this tight-fisted venue and would advise anyone else to run like a raped ape from it Not even entertaining when you have to look at employees begging for tips like puppies for treats.

10  Thank craig f

Thank you for sharing this. Our goal is to give our guests the best experience possible, and your feedback helps us do that. We hope you visit us again and see that we've added even more games, fantastic rewards, and exciting promotions.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Ha Ha......very disappointing on our visit. Nothing unusual that the stone is very tight with any payoffs. Answer---spend more time on the machine.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I have been to the TS casino for dinner at the TS Steakhouse before but this was my first overnight stay. My husband and I went probably as a last getaway for a while as we are expecting our first child soon. We booked services at the spa, planned for dinner and a little gambling. Our check in experience was not pleasant. We did arrive early and asked if we could check in which we could not. This was not an issue to us as we had spa appointments booked and could still use the amenities such as the fitness room, pool, sauna. After we worked out the woman in the gym told us that to use the hotel pool we needed a room key and there was no other way in but to talk to the front desk since we were not checked in. We went back down to ask for a key just to use the pool. The woman at the desk was in training but would not budge. My husband was very nice and explained to her that when we booked spa appointments we were told to arrive early to use the pool/Jacuzzi. He then still politely said, we just want to have access to what we paid for as part of our package. Well the now not so nice woman rudely told us “well you also paid to not check in until 3:00”. I then explained to her that maybe we are not understanding each other and there must be some way to get into these area without a room key. Another woman at the desk overheard and came to help telling her that we just need an elevator key and made one for us. My husband then told them both thank you very much and we appreciate it. No response. Completely ignored him. Later I needed a key for the room but the line was enormous. As I was already checked in, I walked up to the concierge desk and an elderly sweet looking grandma type was before me asking for the same thing. A different woman at the desk very rudely told her that she would help her this time but next time she needed to wait in line. The women nicely told her that she already did that to which the woman responded; well you need to do it again. I didn’t even bother to ask for a key at that point. I thought if you can be rude to this woman there would be no way she was going to accommodate me.
Turns out, all we had to do was check into the spa and we could get in where we needed to. Something I would think the front desk should have been aware of.
Later we went to dinner at Pino Bianco. The service there was excellent but the food was average at best. It was basically like eating at Carabba’s but double the price.
We also decided to order dessert in our room. We were told 30 minutes. Over an hour later I finally called to see where our desserts were. I was told, yea sorry about the wait, he is coming now. 15 minutes and $30 later we have our two desserts.
My overall opinion is that for the price of everything I expected more in terms of quality and service. It seems as if they know that people are going there no matter what so the service isnt really that important to them.
Still in all these were little things that wouldn’t keep me from going again. The spa was wonderful and the rooms are pretty nice and there is a lot to do. I would just skip dinner and avoid the front desk as much as possible.

3  Thank Amber L
See more reviews
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I visited the casino while staying at a nearby hotel. I was in the area on business for two nights. Usually, I end up in my room at night, working or watching TV. I actually decided to stay in Verona because of the casino, and figured I’d try something new. I’m not a big gambler, but do know my way around casinos. The first bonus was all of the choices for dinner. I ended up eating at the Upstate Tavern for which I have entered a separate review. (Very good). There are multiple other choices. Some of the reviews I read about the casino complained about the cigarette odor. I am not a smoker, nor a fan of second hand smoke, but although there was a definite odor, I wasn’t driven away by it, and there are some non-smoking tables and slot areas even though the smoking areas are adjacent. I ended up playing Let it Ride and found the dealers and the other players to be friendly and open to conversation. Later I went to a “dueling piano” bar and enjoyed a drink, music and some laughs. All in all, a wonderful alternative to spending two nights in a hotel room in front of the TV. I’ll be returning to the area next month and intend to return to the casino. BTW – I lost money the first night but won it all back plus enough for a drink on the 2nd night.

1  Thank Gary P

Been to Turning Stone Resort Casino? Share your experiences!