“Great Fun!”

Turning Stone Resort Casino
Ranked #2 of 7 things to do in Verona
More attraction details
Owner description: More than 120,000 square feet of Las Vegas-style gaming, with over 80 table games, Keno lounge, over 2300 gaming machines, 32 tables of live poker for up to 320 players, and one of the top High Stakes Bingo Halls in the world, featuring Cosmic Bingo every Saturday night. 5 golf courses: three 18-hole courses and two 9-hole layouts. Year-round indoor golf, racquet and fitness facilities, 2 golf virtual simulators, 4 indoor US OPEN blue Decoturf tennis courts and 2 racquetball courts, steam & sauna rooms, lap pool. The 800-seat cabaret-style Showroom, and 5,000-seat Event Center. Skana Spa, a 33,000 square foot destination spa, and Ahsi Day Spa, featuring 9 treatment rooms and full-service salon, offering a variety of massages, facials and body treatments, hairstyling, manicures & pedicures. Exit 33, the "Ultimate Entertainment Destination" includes LAVA, our sophisticated New York style nightclub; Tin Rooster, our country dancehall & BBQ; The Gig, our underground rock & roll club; and Turquoise Tiger, our sophisticated lounge and cocktail bar.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Took advantage of a special room rate and had a " Girls' Night Out." Stayed in Tower. Room was clean and very neat. Amenities were also nice. Had dinner at the buffet. Lots of choices. Many items were prepared fresh for the guests. Servers were excellent. Returned for breakfast and found some different " stations" with breakfast items you don't find everywhere. Again, staff was great. Price was $8.95. Excellent bargain. Casino is large, but it could use more non- smoking areas. The placement of smoking/ non-smoking areas did not allow for a consistently good air flow. Also, there were better slots in the smoking section, so you had to brave the smoke if you wanted to play them. I agree with other reviewers about having to put money on your card in order to play. Inconvenient at times, but there were quite a few mobile carts to add $ to your card. At least, you didn't have to find a cashier cage every time. Unfortunately, slots were pretty tight, and we didn't come home winners, but we did have a good time and plan on coming back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,058)
All reviews
in 18 reviews
"concert"
in 49 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Used a coupon I had received for $5 in freeplay; it was gone in literally 5 minutes!!!
plus in the unlikely event that I would have won; it is unlike any free play in NY, CT, NJ, or PA all of which I receive and use. You only get to keep any winnings above the amount of your free play.
Come on Turning Stone - go with the flow!!

3  Thank mkrukar
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Found it rather discouraging to play the slot machines as the machines did not take cash directly. If i was to play i would have had to find a machine to get a card, load money on it then go to a slot machine and play. What if i still wanted to play and my card ran out? i'd have to get up and do the process again? Seems like a poor business move to me for a casino.

table games were fun and dealers were extremely nice

Reviewed July 19, 2013

ok, so it's my yearly visit to Verona, and I decided to go for dinner at the Turning stone and have some fun, I was there Mon Tues Wed Thurs and again, today. I have met many of the employees, this trip unlike the last I encountered a few good ones, as I played roulette I met Pam and and even though I lost I was entertained, I had a few wins on my trip as well which made my experience better, tonite I decided to visit the Rt 33 the new best thing, I had salmon it was fantastic, I was listening to a band called beatlebrothers, left my seat for a minute to take a video as I was interested in hiring them for a fundraiser. and I returned to my seat to find it occupied, when I said this is my seat the women just shrugged me then her frien leaned over and said this is a bar deal. So as I had not paid my bill, I approached the bartender and he gently nugged the women and said this is her seat, when all hell broke loose the friend started to try to fight with me, and I exchanged a few words as a business professional I do not torerate bull from anyone especially thaat I am 100 lbs and 5 ft tall. I regained my seat and off went the angry girl, well apparently when the band took a break she was the girl friend of a band member, and she came over with the brother in law of the lead singer which I had been speaking with about hiring the band, and then yet her boy frien a back up band member, needless to say I parted and paid my bill with the bartender being concerned. I mentioned it to the bouncer at the door how I was treated and his reponce was well you know the band is the band ... really I am sorry I travel for a living and that is not acceptable I expect contact from the security offical at the casino soon! I came back to my hotel, and told them what happened and they told me last weekend a brides father got his jaw broke there really ?? I was not impressed by the casino or the www.beadlebrothers.com

7  Thank pagrif12