“My Stay at Microtel Verona, NY (February 15 and 17)”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Verona
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Verona

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here while visiting Hamilton and Colgate with our son. Exceeded our expectations - very clean and modern room. Helpful front desk . Room easily our family if 5 with the extra cot. Highly recommend

• Stayed February 2013
veronagm, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Verona, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
We are glad you had a pleasant experience with us. Both schools are great options and we hope to see you many more times in the next four years should he choose one of them.
Raquette Lake, New York
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This room was very clean, smelled great, frig, microwave, ironing board. Price was comparable, good parking. However, my room phone didn't work, not even to call the front desk. AND! Day of checkout, the elevators are out of order for routine maintenance, and I'm on the third floor with tons of gear for a trade show! If it were a break down, it would be understandable, but they should have waited until checkout time to shut down the elevators. If I had been infirm, or disabled it would have been a disaster. And no one let us know that they would be out of order, or I would have loaded out sooner. And also, strange, no freezer in fridge.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

veronagm, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Verona, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of the elevator and the phone in your room. That will not happen again and we would love to make it up to you in your next stay, just all the hotel directly and we can get you set up. Thanks again for your review and we will use it to better ourselves in the future.
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Location was great in relation to the Casino without the high price of other hotels in the area. It was clean, comfortable. We checked in on the Friday night and the front desk clerk was very helpful on suggesting places to eat besides the casino. Our room was quite small and by the elevators on 3rd floor. Not too keen on being close to the elevators but surprisingly it was pretty quiet.
Continental breakfast offered, which was your basic bagels, cereal, coffee.. So overall, our stay was good and I would go back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay. Next time you are with us we will be sure to get you a room not near the elevator. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Glenville
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was on a trip to play BINGO! I had to go it alone as everyone had to work, but me. I have never stayed away without my husband before, and I was nervous. What a relief it was to check in here and have one of the nicest front desk clerks I have ever met. I told her I was nervous and she said, "Oh, you'll be safe and comfortable here!" Well she was right. The room is very cozy, and CLEAN! Just nice and comfortable for me! The bed was a bit hard, but I like a very soft bed. So, in comparison to other hotels, I thought it was much more comfortable then previous mattresses. Everything was clean and orderly! The room was tastefully decorated. Shower was hot and inviting, no mold and mildew like some places I have stayed. Got in that night around 1 am and was greeted by a gentleman at the desk, He offered me some coffee or tea. I was very pleased with this hotel and the staff. Bummer for me I missed the breakfast, I overslept. I will absolutely be back for a visit!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

veronagm, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Verona, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and we were able to provide a friendly atmosphere for you. Please feel free to call the hotel to book your next stay. We won't disappoint and promise to bring the same level of service everytime you are here.
WEBSTER
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed here on an overnight to the Turning Stone Casino. I had never stayed at a Microtel, but the rate was much lower than any of the other lodgings in the area. The staff was very friendly and welcoming, the room was spotless and the bed was extremely comfortable, and the included continental breakfast was very satisfying. The room was small, but fine for our needs. It's also very close to the casino. We would definetly stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Thank you for your thoughts of our hotel. At a great price, great location, and great service you can't go wrong here. We are happy you chose to stay with us and hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Verona
La Quinta Inn & Suites Verona
Fairfield Inn & Suites Verona
The Hotel at Turning Stone Resort
Wingate by Wyndham Rome
Hampton Inn & Suites New Hartford
Vernon Downs Hotel
Vernon Downs Hotel
#2 of 2 in Vernon

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Verona? Share your experiences!