“An affordable alternative to Turningstone”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Verona
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Verona
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in August for one night, before the Turning Stone Half Marathon. My room was very nice, and clean and relatively inexpensive. The perfect size for the three of us. Check in went smoothly, and I really have no complaints about my room. The breakfast offered was also very appreciated the morning before the race. And despite an issue I experienced while there, I would tell people to stay there.

The only issue I had is at check out. I knew I was running the Turningstone half marathon the morning I checked out, but still wanted to have the time to come back and shower before the long drive home. I was worried that I might be a little later than check out time so I called the hotel before making reservations to find out if an extra 30 minutes after check out time would be ok. They assured me it would be ok and encouraged me to make reservations. So I did, and at check in I asked the front desk again if the extra 30 minutes would be a problem and they assured me for a 2nd time that it wouldn't be. So the next morning I got up ran the race, and returned back to the hotel to shower. I left the room only 20 minutes after check out time I really hurried, BUT in those 20 minutes I received 2 phone calls asking me to leave the room and a knock at the door while I was in the shower from housekeeping. I understand checking out on time is important, but thats exactly why I called ahead of time and double checked twice. I wouldn't have stayed late if I wasn't assured twice over by hotel staff that it was ok. It felt like borderline harrassment to be called twice and a knock at the door. The mixed messages really bothered me and I think they should be more upfront if this is really not ok in the future.

Still, it wasn't a bad hotel and if you plan on checking out on time I would say go ahead and stay there. Its clean and affordable and relatively nice. Close to Turningstone and cheaper. As for me, next year when I run the half marathon again, I probably will stay somewhere else for the race so that I can have time to shower without being harrassed.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
veronagm, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Verona, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Thank you for your comments and thoughts of our hotel. We apologize on the mixed information you were given on check out. The communication will not be in question in the future. If you chose to book with us again for the next half marathon we will be more then happy to accommodate you to the best of our ability.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Small rooms, but clean. Most reasonably priced rooms that are close to Turning Stone. I've stayed hear about 10 times, and will continue to do so. Breakfast is nothing to write home about, but its OK since I'm not a big eater in the morning anyway.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
veronagm, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Verona, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you for your continued business. We greatly appreciate you chosing us as your preferred hotel in the area. We will keep up the good work and promise you a great stay each and every time you are here.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
veronagm, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Verona, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Everything was fine. The hotel was very clean. The staff was friendly and
helpful. Breakfast was alright. Coffee so-so and fruit empty, but refilled.
The only thing I really found wrong was housekeeping staff in the elevator eating
and texting. Overall, a good experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed our amenities and experience we provided to you. This high quality service will be provided everytime you are here. Look forward to seeing you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Verona
La Quinta Inn & Suites Verona
#3 of 3 in Vernon
Red Roof Inn Utica
Red Roof Inn Utica
#4 of 13 in Utica

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Verona? Share your experiences!