Vernon Downs Casino and Hotel
$159
$93
$129
Fairfield Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Verona(Verona)(Great Value!)
$84
$76
$70
$62
$56
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsrace trackturning stonecoffee potlove seatpillow top mattressrooms overlookingpool roomthe complimentary continental breakfastcasino resortmini fridgeminute drivesitting areabit datedking bedsinktubsupgrades
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed at the Vernon Downs Hotel for our 1 year anniversary. We stayed in the Honeymoon suite, expecting it to be much more than it was! We had called ahead to ask about the size of the Jacuzzi and were assured that it was plenty big enough for 2 people. We both barely fit in it and it took over a half hour for the water to even get slightly warm. We actually had to let it run for an hour to get hot water and it was 7pm. In the morning the shower was the same, and no pressure at all. The shower just barely trickled. The bed was comfortable but the cable tv was so fuzzy we didn't even watch it. I had always thought hotels offered more when you pay the extra money for the honeymoon suite but not this hotel. Our room was just basic and I have seen better accomodations at a much cheaper hotel. Not very many places to choose from to eat there since some of the places are only open a few days a week. Needless to say, we wont be staying there again!

Room Tip: Don't have any tips except to not pay the extra money for honeymoon suite since they are any better than other rooms! Don't expect to fit 2 people in the Jacuzzi comfortably!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Simon S, Manager at Vernon Downs Casino and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear Guest,
I would like to apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. We do work very hard to avoid any issues that impact our guest’s during their stay. Once again I do apologize and thank you for your comments as this helps us improve on any shortfalls.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed at Vernon Downs Hotel In early October. Check in was smooth considering there was some sort of gathering and there were a lot of people in the lobby.We had the VIP suite which was clean and quiet. We went to the casino until 10pm then returned and. ordered a room pizza.
"excellent" Had a restfull night. We are already planning our next visit. Thank you Vernon Downs!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your comments regarding you recent stay with us. I’m very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the room and the service standards met your expectations. The hotel team works very hard to make everyone’s visit pleasant and enjoyable.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Always do a great job at vernon downs. My wife and I have stayed their numerous times and they are consistently very good. The only thing I would say we have ever had a problem with is the water pressure and shower size. Curved shower rods and new high pressure shower heads would fix the only only flaw we have seen. The breakfast is good not great but enough options for everyone. Keep up the good work

Room Tip: Trackside view is always nice
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your comments regarding you visit with us. We try to stay consistent with our service standards and I do apologize about the problem with the water pressure as we have been changing out the shower heads to improve on that. Once again thank you for your comments as this is how we continue to improve on any shortfalls during a guest’s visit.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is the Hotel that is attached to the casino and race track at Vernon Downs. Being a mature couple we appreciate the friendly atmosphere. Have a beautiful indoor pool, hot tub, exercise room, free wifi in room, Loads of tv channel etc...The rooms are quite spacious. We have stayed in one with a Kingsize and also others with 2 Double beds. We have never been disappointed in the look and how clean the rooms are. The ladies that take care of them are excellent and very attentive. The staff is very friendly and the buffet is EXCELLENT! as are the other eating places there. There is also a basic continental breakfast and even outdoor terraces to eat and drink on. Prices in restaurants and buffet are very very reasonable Nice to have other activities besides casino,

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your comments regarding you visit with us. I’m extremely pleased when we meet or exceed our guest’s expectations. The hotel team works very hard always trying to make everyone’s visit the best experience ever and once again thank you so much for your comments. I’m looking forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed at Vernon Downs Hotel on 9/1/13. I was very disappointed in it. It was my anniversary so I was hoping for a wonderful stay. We waited in a very long line to check in at 3:00. We stayed in the Jr Jacuzzi Suite. Our 1st impression was that it was very outdated. The carpet was old and stained & the walls were scuffed up in many places. The Jacuzzi tub was not big enough for 2 people which was disappointing and the shower was also very small. The wall behind the toilet was gross. There were pretzels pieces left on the floor at the edge of the bed from previous guests and even though it was a nonsmoking hotel the room smelled of cigarette smoke & a musty smell. The breakfast did not offer many items and there was not enough seating for all the guests. The coffee was horrible. I was so looking forward to this trip, but left disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tony9Rose1

Dear Guest,
I would like to apologize for any delay you experienced during check-in as the front desk team works hard to keep wait time down. The room you booked did have a personal Jacuzzi but we do have two personal Jacuzzis available. I do again apologize for what you experienced as we do work hard to improve in all areas of service.