“Consistently delicious, make you feel like family”

The Black Stallion Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Vernon
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 3, 2016 via mobile

Good luck trying to pick what to eat! Between the specials and delicious standbys on the menu, everything has always been so tasty. Sal and Reesa make you feel like family. Love this place!

1  Thank Liza J

Reviewed April 24, 2016

We often visit our daughter at Hamilton College and venture out to the local restaurants, but the number of restaurants in the area are limited. After looking on Tripadvisor, we decided to deiced to make reservations at the Black Stallion restaurant that was only about 5 minutes away from the college. We were so glad that we had reservations for Saturday night as the parking lot was full when we arrived, but our table was ready and waiting. We were grated by a nice man and passed along to a very friendly waitress.
We decided to pass on the appetizers as we heard that the meals were very generous. Plus, I always ask about desserts when they are made in-house. I was told that they had banana cream pie with a bottom of chocolate cream, so I asked her to save me a piece, which she did.
We started with salads and the soup of the day: clam chowder. The salads were crisp and fresh and were offered with a number of dressings. My husband enjoyed the clam chowder, but that is not my cup of soup so I passed on trying it. We were also served delicious warm bread that was lightly buttered with a slight hint of garlic. It was delicious!
Our main meals came out warm and with a wonderful presentation. My daughter loved her chicken parmigiana with its generous portion of cheese and I loved the asiago chicken. The chicken in both dishes was prepared nicely and was very tender. Both were accompanied by our chosen pasta, which we ended up bringing home for later as the meals were filling. My husband was hoping for prime rib but it was gone by the time we arrived (7:00 pm), so he ordered steak. It was tender and topped with a few onion rings and accompanied by his chosen baked potato.
The banana cream chocolate pie arrived and it was apparent that it was homemade as it had a delicious crust and a nice swirl of whipped cream on the side. I was very happy that I saved room as it was wonderful!
Even though the restaurant had a lot of people, our food was delicious and warm and we were never rushed. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful. We are definitely going back to the Black Stallion again when we visit our daughter and I suggest that you visit as well. You won't be disappointed, unless you don't make a reservation as it is a popular restaurant by the locals.

1  Thank BGuzzetta
Reviewed April 21, 2016

We went to the Black Stallion for dinner while visiting family in the area. We had driven by it many time and finally decided to give it a try. The table we sat at was very dark, hard to see the menu. They had a fish aquarium in the dining room which was really cool to look at. The menu had a good selection of items, like steak, burgers, etc. The food was very good and the prices reasonable. We were surprised to find such a good spot in such a small town. We will definitely go back the next chance we get.

1  Thank Denise R
Reviewed April 5, 2016

This is one of the best kept secrets in the area. Everything from Steak to Lasagna. Excellent food, average prices. The best Banana Cream Pie, when they have it. Go there, but don't tell anybody!!!

2  Thank SparkyMassachusetts
Reviewed March 28, 2016

Outstanding is the only word, from the service to the meal.

Sal and his team are like a well oiled machine.

Great Job.