“Extremely unwelcoming and discouraging.”

Rasta Ranch Vineyards
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Valois
Pennsylvaina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Extremely unwelcoming and discouraging.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

This winery has always been one of our favorites. We took a couple who had never been and were looking forward to it. Upon entering it was evident that the owner, Diane, I believe, did not wish to pour our tastings as she kept suggesting we go outside on the deck where there was a guy playing guitar. My husband preferred to stay out of the sun so we chose to stay inside which clearly seemed to create an inconvenience. We had just begun our tasting and as I was conversing with my girlfriend, I accidentally knocked my wine glass over, as I tend to talk with my hands...I apologized emphatically as did my husband. It was once again very evident that she was terribly inconvenienced. She never said a word, just grabbed a wet cloth and rolled her eyes. I immediately decided to walk to my car and wait for the rest of my party outside in the "parking lot". All at once a bus pulled up and she flew out the door and welcomed everyone in. Apparently she was waiting for them and we truly inconvenienced her by our little party of four and God Forbid, my misfortune of spilling my glass! Needless to say, I won't be back. There are lots and lots of wineries to choose from. I'm certain I can replace that "piece of my Heart" with another favorite. Very upsetting experience.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank dianeliz58

Antioch
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fun place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

After being greeted by the laid-back winery dog, we entered the old barn that houses the gift shop and tasting room. All of a sudden we were back in the 70's looking at tie-dyed shirts, and "hippie" type items...what a treat! The lady behind the counter was very friendly and welcomed us to a wine tasting. She was generous with the tasting pours and we were not disappointed with the wine. The chardonnay was my favorite ( a surprise because I normally don't care for dry whites) and the Homer red was also very good for a sweet red. This is a fun place to visit even if you don't like wine....go for the atmosphere!

Visited June 2014
State College, Pennsylvania
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Mediocre wine & service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

The woman behind the bar told me how much it would be for a tasting and handed me a menu after I paid. I had to ask how many tastings I was choosing. The Niagara tasted watered down to me and didn't really have a ton of flavor like Niagara's normally do. I was rather disappointed as we made a special trip for what was described as sweet wines.

Visited June 2014
Orange County, California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“So friendly! So delicious! So welcoming!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

Rasta Ranch was our first stop of the day. And, it was so memorable!

Walking in, you're automatically transported to a really cool, chill time. Then, you meet Deb, and you have really awesome conversation and wine.

Deb was so welcoming, friendly, knowledgeable and fun. We really enjoyed our tasting and would recommend everyone check it out!

Visited May 2014
Somerville, NJ
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Good Times!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

I have driven pass this place so many times and finally decided to stop in. Wine was good. Atmosphere was genuinely fun, and we had a good time.

Worth the stop.