“Fun, delicious, and convenient location!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cinco De Mayo

Cinco De Mayo
Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Description: Mexican restaurant that has been in business for about a year. They make a great table side guacamole. One of the better Mexican restaurants in county.
West Nyack, New York
“Fun, delicious, and convenient location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Been here a few times and it has been amazing! Great margaritas and sangria! It is a fun atmosphere, fresh food that always comes out hot, and wonderful service. This is a great palace for couples, families, or a party with friends. The prices are a little high, but the food is authentic and that is worth the price. They always have groupons, too, which is a great way to save money and have an amazing dining experience.

Visited June 2013

Tappan, New York
“Hit the spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

One of my girls and I decided to hit this little treasure up after a little shopping at the palisades; what a great little place. The atmosphere is great big enough where your not on top of other tables but small enough where you still feel cozy. The salsa they bring to the table is fantastic you can taste the fresh cilantro and the nice heat from it. The Guacamole - they make table side! and was so big we didn't even finish it. Sangria was strong - which is always great and our entrees- ugh delicious totally killed my diet but it was worth it. My friend had the chicken fajitas which looks perfect and i had a combo of enchilada, chimichanga and something else... FANTASTIC! Will defiantly be going back!

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Gina F
New York
“Terrific option for Mexican”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

Since I moved to Rockland from NYC I have been struck by the dearth of ethnic food options. From Greek, to Mexican to African-American, to surprisingly Seafood there were little. In the way of good choices to be had.

Well, if Mexican is your taste, look no further than Cinco De Mayo in Valley Cottage. I became aware of this place via a Groupon and am glad that I took a chance. Despite being located on a strip mall, the restaurant is lovely and larger than you would think on the inside and the food is delicious. I had the shrimp and crabmeat wrap with guacamole and a side of salsa, and what a treat it was. The guacamole was delicious and probably the best in the area. At first I was concerned by some reviews noting the lack of salt, but realizing people's health issues, I think this is actually a good idea. Salt to taste if you leave or leave as presented, either way, you can't go wrong. The wrap was yummy and the shrimp and crabmeat were tender and plentiful (unlike other places when you select the seafood option of a dish). The staff was pleasant and courteous, even with a take-out order.

I highly recommend giving Cinco De Mayo a try. I am actually glad I went there before utilizing my Groupon because now I can really appreciate what a great deal I got.

My only complaint would be that the prices on the website no longer corresponds with the actual menu. So if you were planning on going and taking cash, plan to have more on hand than the website would indicate (special thanks to the reviewer who let me know about this discrepancy before I went there).

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Travelinandlovingit
Wanaque
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

This was our first time here tried it because I had bought a Groupon Coupon and I am so glad I did. The staff was excellent. The food was delicious. I cant wait to go back. Yummy Margaritas. We also were celebrating a birthday and they gave us a free dessert and sang Happy Birthday with us wearing huge sombreros'. Great night can't wait to go back.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank gopher69
Valley Cottage, New York
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Would never have thought that this was a nice restaurant because if its location in a strip mall. We tried this place on Cinco de Mayo. Even though it was very crowded, the food, drinks, and service was great. I will return.

• Visited May 2013