See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 9, 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for one night this past week. Affordable and very conveniently located. A Dollar General Store a 2 minute walk away. Less than 2 minute drive is a CVS, Hannaford Supermarket, a liquor store and a Stewart's Gas station/convenience store. Just across the road there's a nice little Farmers market and a small distillery which we did not get to visit.

The grounds and surrounding area very nice and well kept. Flowers and such abound including around the pool (very clean) . Huge grassy area out back to take your pooch for a walk if so inclined. Ours loved it though the resident squirrels and chipmunks did seem to take exception when she spotted them.

Room (king bed) was large as was the bathroom. Shower was good. Nothing fancy but we had a microwave and fridge and a small flat screen TV. Bed itself was just ok. Everything was clean.

All in a all a good choice if you're passing through or staying in the area a few days. Would have no hesitation going back which we already planned on.

Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RockawayBeachRayDel
Reviewed May 12, 2016

room was ok, but the promised coffee was not available in the morning nor a coffee maker in the room. I assume this was not due to being out of season, so I can not comment on the pool or summer benefits of this motel.

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed May 4, 2016 via mobile

Not a skier in sight, but the charming decor, accommodating staff, cleanliness and signage brought me to a memory of a bargain-level trip to the Swiss Alps I took as a child.
The owner helped us with directions when we were lost, tired and out of overnight options. Great guy! I loved the quality of the towels and furnishings. My kids were delighted by the REAL blankets on the beds instead of the duvets you find at the chains. We only had one night, but want to go back to the area and will be sure to stop here!

Stayed: July 2015, traveled with family
Reviewed January 19, 2016

Well being winter, I cannot comment on the pool although it looks very nice and well maintained from what I can see. First of all, they are extremely dog friendly which is a big PLUS in my world with 10 acres to enjoy. You don't find that while traveling and it is essential for dog lovers who feel their pets are part of their family. The grounds are lovely and well maintained. Rooms clean, rugs not stained and old looking. I had a suite which is just lovely and comes equipped with everything you need, Free WIFI, good sized with Direct TV, Water is hot and showering is never too cool as I love a nice hot shower! The Bed is so comfortable ( a bit firm and supports my back] even under the bed was clean, no old tissues or candy wrappers, lol,. The towels are new and fluffy, clean without stains or tears. anytime, we've needed a new lightbulb or housekeeping the response is prompt and courteous. The family run business is a breathe of fresh air in the world of hotels today. The Dad, Al and his sons are friendly and down to earth. Not to raise eyebrows and trust me I am not prejudice what so ever, but speaking English is a refreshing communication tool today as I know that many hotel owners are ethnically of different cultures. I really hate to mention this but if I'm to be honest, it does make for a better experience. Communication is important and can cause many a misunderstandings. And I read the last reviewers entry stating that he was sure that there were bedbugs here???!!!. I say PHOOEY!!!!, I don't believe that in the slightest. First of all, being familiar with DOH codes, that is a serious accusation and you'd better have proof from a physician at the very least. there are various questions and tests before you can determine its validity. if even suspected, he could have brought them here himself from another place. Don't hesitate, just book, you wont be sorry! . .

• Stayed: December 2015, traveled solo
Reviewed October 12, 2015

Stayed here with some friends on a recent trip. This was the only place in the area where we were going so we had no other option but to stay here. Sub-par accommodations and I'm pretty sure I brought bed bugs home with me from this place. The only positive is the great farm across the street. I would not return here.

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled with friends