Open today: 1:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
Fantastic Find

Woodland is a fantastic brewery that is in a good location just north of Utica. The beer menu... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
TheMrRoberts
Apalachin, New York
via mobile
Microbrewery

Nice bar always kept clean the bartenders are real friendly and the food is good and I have... read more

Reviewed February 3, 2019
Jackchwazik
Whitesboro, New York

All reviews food truck great beer small food nice atmosphere sunday afternoon patio beers oz maker brewery growler
Reviewed November 6, 2018

Like most micro brews this one tries too hard. I don't understand the current culture where everything has to be flavored with unusual fruits and vegetables. All these floral fragrances spoil the experience and there is an overabundance of IPA's. They shout focus on creating a rich later, stout. Focus on traditional receipes that focus on full flavor and body. The tastes will then be subtle and the nuances of the beers can be enjoyed and digested in a more sophisticated way. Decor looks like it was done by amateurs and not very inviting.

Date of experience: October 2018
Keith R, Owner at Woodland Farm Brewery, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2018

Thanks for the feedback! We’re sorry you weren’t able to find a beer that suits you! We strive to have a wide variety and range of styles at all times with a majority of those beers brewed in the traditional sense including our current lineup with a German Pilsner, Bavarian hefeweizen, oktoberfest, kolsch, English mild, Belgian dubbel, a thick creamy Belgian stout filled with rich chocolate flavors, and only one IPA even on tap! Sure, we experimented a little bit with our porter conditioned on vanilla beans and sarsaparilla root and our farmhouse ale brewed with hemp seeds and hemp flour but we’ve gotten great feedback and many people love those beers! A beer with unusual fruits and vegetables does sound cool, maybe we’ll have to try brewing something like that some time!

Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

We stopped while family and friends were in from Chicago. They have incredible beer choices. So much flavor. We will be back

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed September 30, 2018

Woodland Farm Brewery is a nice place to go: clean, well-kept (with clean bathrooms!) and a nice atmosphere......if you like places that are trying hard to be hip (does anyone say "hip" any more?). Woodland Farm is fairly new, so things look new. I kinda like places that aren't necessarily shiny and bright, especially craft breweries. I like them a little unkempt, maybe with wood floors instead of something polished. And I like places for adults. Guess a kid screaming and crying behind me sorta takes away from the experience.
But none of this takes away from the really good beer that Woodland Farm brews: robust, heady, and if you want, hoppy. they are also serving food: mostly sandwiches,but try the tot waffle called The Kevin ($8.00). Yes, it's a big waffle made out of tater tots. It's really good and goes well with the beer.
Couple of "Heads Ups": flights (I think) are over-priced for only 4 samples. The day I was there, the bartender was less than friendly and I felt like I was bothering him by asking him for a decal and a business card (they charge .50 for a decal). Oh yeah....the screaming kid.
Maybe go at night when there's music and no kids; you'll probably have a great time and have some really good beer.

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

We were here for lunch. They had a decent lunch selection (mostly sandwiches, The Office themed). The beer selection was pretty good, with a number of their own brews that tasted great, and reasonably priced. The restaurant was very clean, and staff was friendly and attentive. Overall a very good experience.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed July 31, 2018

They have 14 of their own different beers on tap, plus other NY wines and hard liquors available. It is worth your while to stop in for a flight of four 5 oz pours for $9. The beers are excellent and the food is amazing. My wife and I split the Kevin and the Jim, oh my. We came for the beer and got addicted to the food. Enjoyed live acoustic music from 5-8 in the cozy comfortable rustic environment. Look forward to our next visit. Bring your growler if you have one, you'll want to fill it.

Date of experience: July 2018