“The Best Pastry and Great People”
Review of Cafe Caruso

Cafe Caruso
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Utica
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Burnt Hills, New York
“The Best Pastry and Great People”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

If one ever has reason to be in Utica, New York a visit to the Caffe' Caruso is more than worth the time.

This is a real Italian bakery, doing business out of the same storefront for nearly sixty years. The coffee and pastries are wonderful, with the many varieties of biscotti our personal favorite. Carm Caruso carries on her late father's commitment to authentic, quality Italian baking. Mike Paniccia is a master of creating and decorating cakes as near works of art.

And... these are wonderful people.

• Visited June 2014

New Hartford, New York
“Best ricotta cheesecake ”
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Had a mini ricotta cheesecake baked in a crispy pastry crust, drizzled with chocolate and topped with toasted almond slivers. Divine! And the sfogliatelle is a work of art and so yummy. Cappuccino and pastries are a Sunday ritual for me and my husband and we've tried other places but this is the one to beat! Great atmosphere. We feel like family when we are there and we're not even Italians! And by the way, the name has changed to Caruso's Pastry Shoppe! Attention, tripadvisor!

“Wedding cake masterpiece”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We had Caruso's make our wedding cake and although we were having a destination wedding in Old Forge NY (from Memphis TN) Carmella, who took the order-and Michael who designed the cake where spectacular to work with. I sent them a "partial" cake topper and they worked their magic. The cake looked spectacular and the taste was incredible. Many in attendance, including the folks who ran the restaurant were asking where it came from. They were so professional to deal with and they really did all they could to ensure it was successful (including delivery and assembly to the resort an hour away).

• Visited September 2013
“The Best Cannolis in New York”
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

I've been going to Caruso's ever since I was a kid and their pastries are amazing! The Cannolis are the best thing you'll ever eat in Utica and the rum cake is the awesome! Skip Florentines and check out this family owned and operated Café, you won't regret it!

• Visited September 2013
“Horrible experience”
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

The woman who was going to do my sons FIRST Birthday cake had a family emergency and was going out of town. I went looking for more places to do my sons cake and my cousin referred me to Carusos. As I went in I thought the place looked like a dump but I figured I'd give it a try. "Don't judge a book by its cover" right? So anyway I showed the woman at the counter a picture and she said they would be able to do it exactly the way it was shown in the picture. I was very excited and even though the price was high for a cake of 50 ppl, I figured I have no choice. The party was supposed to be Sunday and it's already Friday! I gave her a deposit. Sunday morning I went to go pick up my cake and it looked NOTHINGGGGG like the picture!!!!!!! The baker simply said "I couldn't do the cake the way you wanted in the time frame you gave me." They couldn't even call me! I was so furious and upset that I wanted to cry!! They still charged me the full price. The cake ended up being very dry. And my husband and I were VERYY upset!! Neverrrrr going to recommend anyone there

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Denisa D

Been to Cafe Caruso? Share your experiences!