“Fabulous, wonderful pastries”

Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed July 16, 2013

A step back in time to a wonderfully inviting family pastry shop. Absolutely delicious Italian treats. The vanilla pusties are a true delight and certainly worth many return trips to Caruso's.

Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

I stop here before I go to the office, or when we want to have some great desserts on hand for company. Always fresh, delicious and out of this world. Put them in the trunk to stop you from eating on the way home.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

I have purchased many items at Cafe Caruso and each one has been outstanding. Italian pastries are out of this world. For special occasions, order the canoli cake, either chocolate with whipped cream frosting or vanilla cake with chocolate frosting. What ever you get will impress who ever is lucky enough to share in your bounty. A true Italian bakery with superb products.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

I drove past this place many times and decided to make a stop. I am so glad I did. You can tell how important it is for family to be involved by all the pictures and the importance of determination by the mass pastries there. I settled my heart on a Eclair. By far, the best I have had in my life! I wanted to try more, but I refused to release my inner fat-tiger! Wonderful!

Reviewed December 11, 2011

stopped in to pick up pastries to bring home based on other reviews. a tiny little old fashioned place. we stopped in on a sunday morning. there was a table of little old italian men fresh from church. the selection is small. just a few cases. we purchased eclairs and cannoli. so good! my four year old was given a genette which she loved. the anise smell filled our car. wish i had purchased some. these pastries are not shee shee foo foo, but they taste fresh and delish. utica is lucky to have such a treasure. i purchased 2 eclairs and 3 cannoli. $7.50!!!! here in albany that would cost over $10.