“Good hotel, great value!”
Review of Red Roof Inn Utica

Red Roof Inn Utica
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Utica
Reviewed December 28, 2008

I stayed at this hotel overnight while driving to visit family for the holidays.

Pros:
- great value for the money you pay
- clean room
- recently updated bathroom

Cons:
- pipes making loud noise while people using showers in rooms around us

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed November 16, 2008

On a recent trip to Maine my wife and I decided to stop at the Red Roof Inn located in Utica NY. The lobby was fairly small but had a friendly atmosphere. The girl at the front desk, Sammy, was very sweet to us and helped us pick out the best room for our stay. She suggested their King room with a refrigerator so we could store my wife's insulin and so that there would be enough room for our small dog. When we got to the room we were surprised at how large and accommodating the room was. The bed was large and comfortable. The only thing that struck me as odd was that the sink was outside the bathroom. We decided that we would need extra towels so I called the front desk and asked if I could run down and get some but Sammy assured me that she would bring me some. Within 5 minutes I had my towels which impressed me since we all know that Red Roof is not known for room service. Checkout was fast and efficient and the man there in the morning was just as friendly. We loved our stay and will definitely be back!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank littledog1947
Reviewed October 8, 2008

We were very pleasantly surprised. The check in was quick and friendly. The room was wonderful. Large work area and a separate sink from toilet/bath, which works well when 2 people are traveling. Bed was very comfortable and heat was silent! Small pizzeria right outside hotel with good food. Glad not to have had to get back in the car to eat! T-Mobile Wi-Fi worked well. Located right off the Thruway!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 1, 2008

We have very bad experience staying at hotels near Herkimer Diamong Mine. This time we decide to stay farther down the road. It proof to be the best choice, Red Roof Inn is best in price and quality about 12 miles from Ace of Diamond and Herkimer DIamond Mine. The room is small but very clean and comfortable. Furnitures and room seems to be newly remodeled. Check-in was very fast! The hotel Wifi is not free and there is no complimentary breakfast. There is coffee at the front desk. The toiletry is very skim but for the price we pay. It is the best. The location is very easy to get to, right off the highway and there is very good choices of fast food and restaurants in the area. I will go back again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2008

I was worried about this motel since the price was so inexpensive. However, I was pleasantly suprised. The room was small - but everything looked brand new and was very clean. I would definately stay there again. The bed was also very comfortable!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank BATGIRL88
Reviewed August 10, 2008

I stayed at Red Roof for 5 nights while attending classes at SUNY IT.
I had the business package. I was pleasantly surprised for the price my company paid. The room was clean, the bathroom was also clean. Not luxury, but very adequate for my purpose.

I plan to stay there again the next trip To Utica.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank tetrisz54
Reviewed August 2, 2008

Stayed there last week, the checked-in area was OK. Complimentary coffee machine out of order but a pot of coffee was left for guests. Next morning, nothing was made so we decided to go out for coffee,

The room we checked-in looked OK at first glance. The security bar was broken and checked the mattress - it was dirty and covered with thick mattress pad.

Minimal amenities but the shower was OK

If you could afford better hotel, go elsewhere!

• Stayed: July 2008