“Business Trip”
Review of Red Roof Inn Utica

Red Roof Inn Utica
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Utica
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We usually stay at Holiday Inn Express but the prices were through the roof. I did some research on trip advisor which lead me to Red Roof Inn. The hotel was just redone and the rooms were spotless and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. We stayed there 3 weeks and could not have ask for better service and a clean room. We requested our sheets be changed everyday and it was done. This experience totally changed my opinion of the Red Roof Inn. The beds were comfortable which is a big plus when you are staying for so long.

Room Tip: The business suite has plenty of room
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Justin S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Utica, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Thank you so much for giving us a try based on our Tripadvisor reviews. I am especially pleased to hear that my team was able to accommodate you for three weeks, while meeting your requests. That is impressive for ANY hotel. I will be happy to share this review with them. Everyone works hard to ensure that our guests are comfortable during their stay. We hope that you return so that we may continue providing you with the best customer service possible.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

This red roof is clean, comfortable and inexpensive. It looked like the room had been renovated recently. It was a small room, but for less than $60 I was wondering about cleanliness, safety, etc... Absolutely no worries there! The staff was friendly and helpful. I will stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Justin S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Utica, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Thank you for taking the time and writing a review regarding your stay. It's very important and rewarding to hear how we are doing from our guests. I will share your review with my team.
We hope you chose our location in the future, so that we can provide the comfort and value that you expect from a Red Roof Inn.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

I didn't have high hope for this motel chain, but I was totally wrong. The room was very comfortable - comfortable bed, convenient appliances, hot enough shower, safe location, etc. etc.. I definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gavinweng
Justin S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Utica, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Thank you for giving us a chance to change your mind about Red Roof Inn and sharing your experience. Any worries about any of our hotels can be easily quelled by visiting our website at redroof.com and reading the Tripadvisor reviews which is attached to each property. Red Roof Inn is America's number 1 economy hotel. We hope that you return soon and take advantage of our Redicard Rewards program in which you can earn free nights!

Reviewed February 1, 2014

I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised by the Red Roof Inn. Taxes included, I paid about $55 dollars for a stay on a Monday night, I wasn't expecting a whole lot. However, I will say that this is one of the Most comfortable stays I've ever had in a hotel (especially for the price!). SO Clean! The bed was comfortable, the pillows were superb~but it was the bathroom that surprised me most. I've stayed in hotels/hostels/B&B's/campgrounds, etc... This was by far the cleanest bathroom I've ever seen in an accommodation~so clean in fact, I took a bath while there! The room is a little on the small side but it was just my sister & I so I didn't mind. The walls seem a little thin but really, I was so cozy I didn't care. The front desk clerks were also very accommodating~they recommended some restaurants that delivered & helped us find our way around town as well. Very polite. The only thing I could really say that's a negative is that we completely missed the sign to turn in to the hotel, it should be bigger. However, I didn't mind getting lost after I saw what awaited me. Because of this experience, I now will always check if there's a RRI where I'm staying next. Definitely worth the money!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank bonegirl
Justin S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Utica, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thank you for discovering us and sharing your experience with others about your stay. There is a lot of wisdom behind choosing Red Roof Inn for your lodging needs, as you so graciously mentioned the benefits in your review. Our staff works hard making our guests feel at home, not just for the paycheck, but for the personal satisfaction that they provide the best customer service possible. We hope you return soon, when the weather warms up, as we are just at the foothills of the Adirondack Mountains, where outdoor adventures await!

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Convenient (right off 90). Everything you need is within a mile. We've stayed here countless times and the staff is EXCELLENT. You simply cannot find a more friendly, knowledgeable staff. If you're looking for a hotel in Utica, take it from us - we've stayed here enough to say - you're not going to find better. The way this staff treats their customers should be applauded by everyone. I'd give Red Roof Utica 500 stars if I could.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Justin S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Utica, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Thank you, Andrew, for the excellent review. It's exciting to know that our staff is being appreciated for their hard work. We take customer service seriously here at Red Roof Inn. Everyone deserves a hassle free stay and that is our guarantee! We hope to see you again soon at our Inn.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

We have stayed at this place several times and every time had been fine. The rooms are clean, beds are comfortable and compared with other local hotels it is the best price for a clean safe room. The Holiday Inn Express just down the street is two and a half times the price. The place is a little hard to find down on the end of a short street.

Room Tip: Don't let the location bother you.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Justin S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Utica, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Thank you for the great review! Great place for the price is why Red Roof Inn is America's #1 economy hotel and Utica's must stay hotel. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Very clean, comfortable and the staff was great. Kristin who worked the front desk make me feel very comfortable
starting with my dinner and supplying some items that I had forgotten to bring. Staying there alone was not a issue because of the comfort level I was at! Thank you Kristin.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for the nice review regarding your stay. I am glad that Kristin was able to make your stay more comfortable. Kristin excels with great customer service, ensuring that everyone who stays at our Utica Red Roof Inn is greeted with a warm smile and that they enjoy their stay. We hope that you continue to choose our location for your future stays here in Utica.