“Great value, clean”
Review of Red Roof Inn Utica

Red Roof Inn Utica
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Utica
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We've stayed here a few times when visiting during the Holidays (we have pets) and the only issue has been the heat (or the lack there of). The rooms are very neat with some toiletries and clean linens but the heat is either too high or to low (and need to adjust the air conditioner!?). Very good price with morning coffee and cakes.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
BETHPETRISKIGM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Utica, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Thank you for pointing out that we are clean! It is such a simple idea and our most favorite amenity. It definitely takes a lot of consistent hard work to maintain a hotel and the right folks doing the cleaning. The heat is definitely its own animal. It is radiant therefore it heats up a metal strip near the ceiling and then radiates it down. Raising the temperature in minimal increments. Going any more extreme will cause the room to become blazing hot. 70 degrees on the thermostat feels like you are living in Balmy Florida.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Great place to stay at! Everyone are very helpful and they all try to assist the guest in positive ways. The rooms arevery nice, the beds are so very comfy and the tv channels are great also! The best thing is pets are allowed at NO extra charge! The location is perfect! Denny's, Taco Bell and Duncan Doughnuts across the street, shopping center little ways down the street!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Little confusing to get there thanks to the google maps directions... saw the motels on the one side so figured my way back and found the red roof inn. Got a deal, one night just under $50... arrived at 530AM and they gave us late checkout without asking. I like it. The room wasn't anything special, but it was clean, had a microwave, fridge and tv. The washroom was tiny but hey, for what I paid, it was fine. We could hear everyone leaving in the morning which is not great for a person getting only a few hours sleep before doing another stint of driving, otherwise no complaints. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RM12
Reviewed December 25, 2012

For a quick overnight and easy access on/off I-90, you can't beat the Red Roof Inn in Utica. Sixty bucks a night, quiet clean, and comfortable bed. Cons: the bathroom was small (OK really a large closet) and the heating system was difficult to figure out (but hey it was warm). And right up Genesee Street are any number of restaurants to fit your taste and style (we chose Ancora in downtown Utica, just three minutes away).

Room Tip: All the rooms are set well back form the highway so there really isn't any need to choose a spec...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paris-Cemeteries
Reviewed December 21, 2012

My family was on the way to Amherst Massachusetts from Ontario for a college scholarship meeting for our 2 sons. We left Ontario and it was very late so we pulled off the highways in Utica New York about 230am to get a hotel for the night. WE came to the Red Roof Inn. it was very clean and staff very friendly. They also had WIFi so we could use our mobile devices in the room WE left early the next morning to Massachusetts. Once back in Canada i discovered that I was missing my ipod but just assumed that one of my 2 sons had it with him as they had been using it on the way down. Imagine by suroise and delight when I opened my email at home and had a message from Beth at the Red Roof Inn saying that I had left my ipod in the room. She would have had to get my email address from my ipod and spendnd the time to do that. Beth then went to the post office and sent me my ipod back safe and sound! It was a great Xmas present and truly restored my faith in the honesty of people. So many times hotels and their staff get a bad rap but the management at the Red Roof Inn Utica New York run a great hotel with great people. We chose this hotel by chance but next time we wil definitely choose it by CHOICE. WEll done!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Angela S
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I just spent a week at this motel for business and couldn't have asked for anything better. The room was large, clean, had a frig, micro wave and safe. The desk area was extremely convenient with a very comfortable desk chair plus an soft easy chair. The staff was wonderful, especially Bianca who packaged up and sent an item for me that I had left behind and even called to tell me it was on it's way. I would highly recommend this hotel at ANY price.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the inner court away from the thruway.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Very clean, well maintained. There was an extra charge for room with refrigerator which did not show on website but price was still good and there was no extra fee for pets. Nice that it is off the road a bit (long driveway) - still very convenient to restaurants.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple