Red Roof Inn Utica
  • Room Service
Rest Inn(Utica)
$65
$55
All reviewsroom was cleanfront deskno frillsfree wifigreat priceoff the highwayextra towelsbudget hotelan overnight staycoffee makervisiting familyflat screen tvnew yorkstayed one nightnys thruwayfridge and microwavenight's sleep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 4, 2011

Our first overnight stay in Utica, and we looked for a cheap room. After reading reviews, we booked a room for two nights. We were pleased with the layout of the room, the comfort of the bed, it was reasonably clean, came with fridge and microwave, and wifi. Everything in the room worked properly, and the desk was set up perfectly for my needs, painting and computer access. We have stayed in rooms twice the price and were disappointed. My only complaint was the smell. It was supposed to be a non smoking room, but it stunk. We bought an air freshiner and put the AC on Fan and kept it on...which made it go away. It might be that the room is closed so much, maybe what they use to clean etc, but it was clearly a room that had been smoked in...hubby and I both got stuffed up instantly when we went in. Being an ex smoker I know what it smells like.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 24, 2011

It's a great hotel, quiet, clean, comfortable. Room was clean, but had a "smokers" smell in it even though it was a non-smoking room...The twin's beds were comfortables; Wi-fi available in the room. The room and bathroom sizes are small (bathroom very small) but we stay one night only so ... it was good to sleep...

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2011

Asked for a nonsmoking room and had to close the bathroom door the cigarette smell was so bad. Glad it was only 1 night.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed October 12, 2011

I was staying in Utica while my son visited Hamilton College. I was very satisfied with this hotel especially at the price. The accommodations were comfortable and the management was welcoming, helpful and professional (they moved me to a new room without question when the first room had a smoky smell in it). I would definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank rm_bronx
Reviewed September 24, 2011

This was the first time I ever stayed at a Red Roof Inn. All in all it was a positive experience. The hotel is right off the through way number 90 and there are lots of restaurants in the area. The room was very clean. The lighting in the room is very good. The rooms are basic, the beds are a bit to the soft side. The bathrooms have a bit of an upscale feel with nice color scheme and wooden laminate. The prices are reasonable. The air conditioning units are old and could do with upgrading. Contrary to some other reviews, I was very happy with the service at check in. I had made the online reservation just 2 hours before arrival and they had it in their system and check took a little over 10 minutes. Based on this experience I would definitely try a Red Roof Inn again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
BETHPETRISKIGM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Utica, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2011

The first impression is always a lasting one! I am ecstatic that your first impression went so well. Thank you for sharing your experience! I am proud of this brand and our little property. Our motto is a nice place at a nice price. In the past week I had stayed in a luxury brand and let me tell you I would have traded cleanliness for ammenities any day. We are glad that you found cleanliness to be at its best here. Enjoy the fall!