“Lived up to Red Roof Inn value”
Review of Red Roof Inn Utica

Red Roof Inn Utica
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Utica
Toronto, Canada
“Lived up to Red Roof Inn value”
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Took advantage of the online pre-paid rate of about $60 tax-in. Check-in was disappointing as the clerk spent time making coffee at 10PM before even acknowledging our arrival. When he brought up the reservation, he indicated there was no record of the pre-payment and required a credit card. Luckily I had brought the printed confirmation to prove otherwise. Check-in was quick after that. Room was clean, had a "smokers" smell in it even though was a non-smoking room. Bed was hard for my liking. Bathroom was clean with hot water and everything worked properly. Noticed garbages were overflowing and when cleaned out, was dragged along the pathway leaving a trail of liquid puddles and streaks that I had to dodge when moving the luggage out. Check-out was pleasant. Disappointed were out of coffee in the morning. In the end, Red Roof lives up to providing very good value for the price you pay. This was not my favourite and not overly weel run, but still felt I received value. They work perfect for me as a rest spot for a late arrival when driving across the country. I especially like the ones that provide a good breakfast, this one does not.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Outbax
BETHPETRISKIGM, Manager at Red Roof Inn Utica, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
Thank you for sharing yorur experience! We are pleased that you found our accommodations to be of value and clean. I have instructed my team to make coffee ten minutes prior to shift change to ensure that there are two folks tending to the desk at shfit change. Your feedback has proven valuable! We are continuing to add value to the price paid in the near future. Stay tuned as Red Roof Inn starts to make some waves in the industry!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Reviewed September 5, 2011

We chose this based on the previous reviews on trip advisor. The price was low - too low! The room smelled of sweat. The pillows smelled awful. The towels were dirty. The bathroom floor had hair all over. The walkways etc were overflowing with garbage and trash. I cannot wait for this night to end to get out of here!!!

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank Teacker
RRIMANAGER, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Utica, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
There are no words to express my sincere apologies for a stay gone bad. I was grateful that my staff upheld our hassle free guarantee policy for your stay. At anytime day or night, you can let us know our shortcomings. It is our pleasure to fix the problem. We could have given you brand new pillows and a new comforter, or changed your room completely. To have had you power through the situation breaks our heart. There isn't a time of day that we will not make it right. We just have to be informed, otherwise we think everything is going well with your stay. I have since receiving this comment discarded the pillows and have personally cleaned the room from top to bottom. I will be ordering additional trash containers for the breezeways. With a pizzeria on the corner, our trash containers are generally filled quickly with pizza boxes. I apologize that you had to see any garbage whatsoever. The housekeeper has received a copy of this review and has made an action plan. It just reminds us everyday that we have to perform at our best otherwise we look our worst.
Toronto
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Seeing great reviews here on TripAdvisor, I booked this motel for one night in August as we were en-route to another destination. It's an older Red Roof Inn, but clean, relatively well maintained, convenient to a freeway, and located in a safe neighborhood. Nothing fancy as it is after all, a one/two star motel. The room (double beds not queens) and washroom sizes are small, but adequate. There is a small pizza place within walking distance making convenient to grab a quick bite. It was also quite busy the Saturday night we stayed, with most of the rooms booked (quite impressive considering how plain this motel is). Unfortunately for us, there were loud teenagers who checked in the same night and kept a number of us awake to 1:30am. Management did try to control them and even gave us a slight discount the next day for the noise they made. I can't fault the motel for the rude/loud behavior of these guests, but I guess something like this is much more likely to happen in an economy motel than say at the Hilton. Overall it's a fine place to stay on a budget but nothing special.

Unfortunately

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
BETHPETRISKIGM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Utica, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
We appreciate you sharing your experience! We are pleased that you found our rooms to be clean. My team here works very hard to make it a cozy and comfortable environment. The brand is working hard on enhancing the value. Our location is definitely a huge selling point to the property. We as you mentioned are definitely convenient to many attractions, shopping areas, colleges and restaurants. I love living in this town. Enjoy the fall! We hope to see you again when you are stopping over before reaching your final destination. ~ Beth Petriski
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed September 4, 2011

We don't usually stay at Red Roof but this stay may change that. After seeing the good reviews for this property on TripAdvisor, we decided to give it a try. Rooms appear to have been recently remodeled and were very clean. The AC unit was also a new, digital model which shows this place was serious about upgrading the rooms. Overall, a great stay and at $70 a night, a tremendous value.

Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank OnTheRoadAgain1954
Rochester, New York
Reviewed August 24, 2011

My stay was perfect. The cleanliness of the room was outstanding and the staff was friendly and professional. Beth went out of her way to make sure that we knew where everything was around town.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark C
Ontario
Reviewed August 24, 2011

This hotel is very simple and plain BUT the location is great if driving towards Boston. It is right off the highway - easy to get on and off the I-90.
The front desk staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are small and plain. The bathroom is very small but clean.

Palatine, Illinois
Reviewed August 14, 2011

The bed was a superior king but wasn't very comfortable - sank in some - older mattress for sure. There was someone else's hairs on my pillows.
There was no ironing board or hair dryer for this supposed "superior king" room. there was a remote control for the temperature but no ironing board or hair dryer?? also no coffee pot was there but coffee was. i would not stay here again unless i had too. I'm a Hampton Inn girl when i visit family in Utica.

Room Tip: I have no tips.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
RRIMANAGER, Manager at Red Roof Inn Utica, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
The good news is Red Roof Inn has good things coming down the pike in regards to bed comfort and extra ammenities available for guests. Keep checking back to see our progress! Ironing boards and hair dryers are avaiable for all guests in the lobby. You can ask for one while making a reservation or when the need arises on the property, just give the front desk a call and we will gladly deliver them. The coffee pot works without the use of a pot. Just stick the wrapped foam cup under the brew station and press down on the start button. You will have a fresh cup of coffee in no time, no pot necessary. Hampton Inn is a phenomenal brand They are a mid scale to high end chain. Red Roof Inn is situated in the economy segment. We keep the bells and whistles to a minimum which in turn keeps the price to a minimum We remain focused on quality and service. There isn't anything to big or to small that we can't fix. We try to do a triple check each time we clean a room. We should have quadruple checked your room. I sincerely apologize that we missed a key element. Enjoy your summer!