“Excellent stay. Will definetly be back.”
Review of Red Roof Inn Utica

Red Roof Inn Utica
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Utica
Reviewed August 24, 2011

My stay was perfect. The cleanliness of the room was outstanding and the staff was friendly and professional. Beth went out of her way to make sure that we knew where everything was around town.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark C

Reviewed August 24, 2011

This hotel is very simple and plain BUT the location is great if driving towards Boston. It is right off the highway - easy to get on and off the I-90.
The front desk staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are small and plain. The bathroom is very small but clean.

Reviewed August 14, 2011

The bed was a superior king but wasn't very comfortable - sank in some - older mattress for sure. There was someone else's hairs on my pillows.
There was no ironing board or hair dryer for this supposed "superior king" room. there was a remote control for the temperature but no ironing board or hair dryer?? also no coffee pot was there but coffee was. i would not stay here again unless i had too. I'm a Hampton Inn girl when i visit family in Utica.

Room Tip: I have no tips.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
RRIMANAGER, Manager at Red Roof Inn Utica, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2011

The good news is Red Roof Inn has good things coming down the pike in regards to bed comfort and extra ammenities available for guests. Keep checking back to see our progress! Ironing boards and hair dryers are avaiable for all guests in the lobby. You can ask for one while making a reservation or when the need arises on the property, just give the front desk a call and we will gladly deliver them. The coffee pot works without the use of a pot. Just stick the wrapped foam cup under the brew station and press down on the start button. You will have a fresh cup of coffee in no time, no pot necessary. Hampton Inn is a phenomenal brand They are a mid scale to high end chain. Red Roof Inn is situated in the economy segment. We keep the bells and whistles to a minimum which in turn keeps the price to a minimum We remain focused on quality and service. There isn't anything to big or to small that we can't fix. We try to do a triple check each time we clean a room. We should have quadruple checked your room. I sincerely apologize that we missed a key element. Enjoy your summer!

Reviewed August 11, 2011

While not being the Ritz-Carlton...it is an up-to-date reasonable place to stay whether for business or a pleasure stop-over. Convenient to the freeway yet very quiet. Nice grounds if you have a companion pup. (Dogs are permitted) In my room, there was a work station, comfortable king bed, flat screen tv as well as ample parking. While I'd like to stay at the Hotel Utiica next time, this worked out very well for an overnight stop. Front desk were superbly efficient with both check-in & out. Very much appreciated.

Room Tip: Never hurts to ask for a discount. It may not be much, but worth asking!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank trumanS
Reviewed August 7, 2011

We stayed here since we were attending a softball tournament and could not find a room in Herkimer. The hotel room was recently redone, and very clean. Micro-fridge was an asset. Front lobby staff were very attentive. We did not have a blow dryer, but upon request they gave us one to use immediately delivering to the room. Thank you!

2  Thank HappyM0m2
Reviewed August 5, 2011

I was on a business trip through upstate New York and I found myself with an extra day of downtime. I hadn't planned on being in Utica so finding the Red Roof Inn there was a happy accident.

The room was clean and comfortable and reasonably priced. The staff were friendly and very helpful (returning from dinner I had misplaced my room key)

I was so impressed with the accommodations that stayed an extra night.

I'll be back in the Utica area soon and plan on staying there on my next trip.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank billyeli
Reviewed July 30, 2011

We have stayed here a couple of times now, and it is such a nice motel. The rooms have always been immaculate, and the property well taken care of. It is right off the Thruway, close to downtown and lots of places to eat. The rates are super reasonable. WIFI is good too. The only thing I would change is on-site breakfast would be awesome, but there are lots of places close to get that. And for dinner-try the pizza place at the end of the driveway.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family