Radisson Hotel-Utica Centre
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Rest Inn(Utica)
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewsparking garageencore loungebreakfast buffetcomfortable staynice place to stayfront desk staffbusiness tripbeds were comfortableking bedvery clean hotelnice roomnew yorklizastanleycooperstownmark
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed here for the night on our way to New England. We arrived here very late and were thankful they had rooms available. The hotel is very conveniently located, just off the highway. It's a nice, friendly hotel with plenty of amenities. Unfortunately, the restaurant had closed when we got there but the bar was still open. We got some drinks. I got a Long Island iced tea, and it was one of the best ones I have ever had! A perfect drink to bring to the room after a 13-hour drive! The bartender woman was so nice! She insisted we have nice glassware to bring to our room so we could fully appreciate our drinks! :) I'm glad this is a college town. We had no problem getting late-night pizza delivery! The front desk man had given me two tickets for a comp. breakfast buffet in the morning. When we got there, which I admit was about 15-20 minutes before it was too close, they were out of almost everything. There were a few annoyed guys there, with one commenting that it looked like the breakfast buffet had been robbed! However, to the hotel's credit, when this was brought to their attention, they immediately got to work on it. 15 minutes later and everything was full again! It was a good selection of food; I especially liked the eggs benedict. The only negative in our stay is that when we arrived in our room (which was very nice), on the floor in between the beds there was a big plastic cup with an empty bottle in it! I get grossed out by stuff like this (I have a trash fetish!). However, after removing it, I could enjoy the room fully! Overall, this is a great hotel, and I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
DavidCocomazzi, General Manager at Radisson Hotel-Utica Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2012

Dear Valued Guests,

Thank so much for your comments about your stay here at our hotel. It is always nice to relax after along day of traveling.

I will share you comments abut breakfast and your room with the team. After all that is how we make a good hotel great. And based on your feedback we are on our way !

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Hampton Inn was full so we were sent to The Radisson. We were thankful. The room was larger and less expensive. Yet it still had the quality linens that we like. Then in the morning the breakfast buffet was much better than Hampton Inns. Real scrambled eggs, real sausage, sauteed mushrooms and vegetables and for my wife, French toast. Coffee was served by very pleasant waitresses. I was quite impressed.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are a little larger
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
DavidCocomazzi, General Manager at Radisson Hotel-Utica Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Dear valued Guests,

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay here at the Radisson. We do our best to make sure we provide every guest with an experience they wont forget.

I commnucaited to the breakfast staff you comments on the food and the service.

Again thank you and enjoy your day !

David Cocomazzi, General Manager

Reviewed August 22, 2012

This was a pleasant surprise. We had been driving toward western New York and found that the Radisson had plenty of rooms available, where others had not. Also, we have stayed at a Radisson out in Seattle several times and it has always been good. We had free parking in Utica and a very nice room with a half fridge, microwave, excellent tv and a pretty good bar/grill on the first floor. The beds were phenomenally comfortable, too. The front desk staff was attentive and provided good advice to us. The wait staff in the grill could have been a bit more attentive and prompt. The area was much more secure than I expected and our room keys were also used for the elevator, that was an added security measure. If we are ever in Utica, we will probably stay there again. It was a good experience.

Room Tip: Our room was good and it was on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
DavidCocomazzi, General Manager at Radisson Hotel-Utica Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you for the kind words regarding you recent stay at the Radisson in Utica. We appreciate it. I will reach out to our team members in the restaurant.

The adjustable sleep number beds are great especially if you are a light sleeper. Thank you again and enjoy your day

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Very nice experience. Clean rooms with sleep number beds. Small bath room, but very clean. The staff was very helpful. We walked in the loung at closing time and the bartender still seated us with a great attitude. The next day before we left, we were watching the US team plaly Spain, the manger offered us free drinks while we were there. We offered a tip, but the manger would not accept. He said he wanted us to enjoy the game. The night before we had a event at the hotel. Again, great staff and very good food. We stay here for next visit.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
DavidCocomazzi, General Manager at Radisson Hotel-Utica Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Dear Paul and family ,

Thanks so much for the great comments. It could not have come a better time. Next week we are havng a team member appreciation rally. I will be sure to let our folks know about your experience.

I hope the team you were cheering for won ! Enjoy your day.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Recently we spent our third night at this hotel on our way east for our annual summer vacation. The check in is always smooth and the staff is always very friendly and accommodating, even to a couple of special requests I made to meet the needs of my two young children. The room was clean, as were the common areas of the hotel. The parking lot feels a little sketchy, but it is brightly lit. The only problem I had this time around was with the sleep number beds. I couldn't get one of them to work. I suspect if I'd brought it to the attention of the staff, they would have dealt with it quickly, but it was too late to bother. I have no problem recommending this hotel and would stay again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family