“Perfect if you like glue....”

Babe's Macaroni Grill & Bar
Ranked #27 of 183 Restaurants in Utica
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Babe's Macaroni Grill & Bar is located less then a half mile south of Interstate 90. We are open from 11:00am - 12:00am daily. At Babe's we have a very large dining room and a separate bar area. We offer our lunch and dinner menu all day available for eat in or takeout. We have indoor and outdoor seating available. At Babe's we seat over 300 and we welcome reservations.
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Each year I visit Utica to take my niece out to a different restaurant--last year it was fabulous burgers at Tiny's on State St--we decided this year to try Babes. We walked it and it has a fun vibe to it--vibrant colors, clean look and music not over powering. Our waitress was nice and we were happy to see a full selection of Saranac products on the menu (something I wish EVERY Utica restaurant carried) I was craving some good Utica chicken riggies and my niece ordered a burger. The food arrived quickly and that's where my pleasantness of this establishment ended. My nieces burger was dry, flavorless, with crumbly meat served with soggy flavorless fries and an unhealthy looking tomato slice. My fare did no better. My riggies had the appearance of being dropped on the floor and reassembled by a blind person. It was a mess. The pasta all stuck together and could have been cooked an extra 5 minutes.(and this is a MACARONI grilll???) Each bite I had left pasty pasta stuck in my teeth and the chicken had hot and cold spots (sign of microwaved) and tasted like it was cooked last week--it was grey in color. Overall my riggies were flavorless, undercooked pasta, and put together with no care at all. Both of us ate less than a few bites and our waitress could not pick up on the fact that we were certainly not at all happy. I am still kicking myself for not going an extra 50 feet down the road to Delmonicos. Babes is overexpensive, has a great drink menu but not a place to enjoy a good meal--I would recommend Tiny's for that.

2  Thank nofeer7

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was our first time at Babes (how have I not heard of this place before?) but it won't be the last. Went with friends on a Friday night and had a great time. Our server was fun and attentive, and the eclectic decor held our interest. We all got different kinds of the riggies speciall; I had the garlic chicken, my wife had broccoli, my buddy had steak riggies, and his wife got the vegetable ones. We were all very happy with our choices. Although I don't have a ton of experience with riggies, these were the best I ever had. Very flavorful with just the right amount of heat. The food could have been a little warmer, but certainly not cool enough to complain. The accompanying salad was fresh and tasty, and the bread was amazing. Seriously, I appreciate good bread and this was tops.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

The superfluous Sam Tornatore, the y2k symeon sr. of utica dining, has bled Babe's as a manager, g.m. and now owner. His dedication to its consistency stemming from his many years under the esteemed tutelage of Mike Ezzo just gets better with time. He has cared about Babe's since day one just as much as he does as its owner. The protege has become the mentor for the last decade plus with the inimitable new g.m. justice Jeff Stone ably supported by the most loyal guy in the biz Jason, the guest friendly Mike, and the enthralling Cathy plus an array of venerable upstarts.
Without being too obvious, there is a reason the servers and bartenders (ie. long term mgr./bartender Michelle G.) work at a place called Babe's. Very friendly attentive and meticulously training in steps of service. The food is very homemade and the best cooks are the ones that prep the recipes to ensure Babe's textbook Utica taste. Lunches are reasonable and fast for the business traveler and dinners are good for everyone especially the entire family. Don't forget the 2 for 1 apps at 9 til close.
Utica is known for its great mom and pop restaurants so why not try a mom and pop with the scientific running of a chain.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Spent two nights in Utica, and went to Babe's each night. The staff seems to enjoy their jobs, and are very attentive. The drinks prices are fair. The food was good, although the fried apps could use more seasoning when they come out of the fryer. We will stop at Babe's everytime we are in town.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Fantastic food!! I had the steak, but I tasted my brother-in-law's Chicken Riggies, and I was upset that I didn't order them for myself!!!

The restaurant is very clean and the service was excellent!! We were served delicious, warm bread with a herb butter.

A great place to go for Italian Food!!