“Warm Haven in this arctic winter”
Review of Hampton Inn Utica

Hampton Inn Utica
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Utica
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I arrived to a smile from Peg who immediately offered me a nice warm snack of salsa and chips yum. She chatted to me and upgraded me immediately as she acknowledged my diamond member ship. Lovely job Peg. The room is beautiful I had a long soak in the tub last night to ease my stress from driving and to warm through. Had a great nights sleep in a very comfortable bed. It was nice to be in a Diamond parking spot near the door too. Being a Diamond member is not about privilege. It is about being away from your family many nights a year. Stays with people like Peg at hotels like the Hampton in Utica ease some of the inconvenience of being away from home. I will definitely be back.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed February 26, 2014

While the rooms may need a bit of updating, the location of the hotel is key for Utica. Easy access to the thruway and plenty of places to eat nearby. We stayed in late Fall, when there was a youth football team with families also staying at the hotel for the weekend. While the place was a bit loud and the team had taken over the lounge area, the hotel clerk apologized ahead of time and made it a point to let her know if we had any issues with the noise. She also offered us waters and asked her to let us know if we needed anything else. She was handling check-in and a few other functions at a very busy time, yet she was very pleasant and made us feel welcomed. Will stay again!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Stayed 1 night and it was great. Receieved free bottles of water at desk, small lay out of Hors d'oeuvre's in lobby, swam in the in-door pool with daughter, free internet in room, quiet night, comfortable bed and pillow, and hot breakfast the next day. That is exactly what I was looking for at a reasonable price.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Checked in after midnight. Clerk was very attentive, desert pastries to eat. Rooms were very nice, upscale for a Hampton. In the morning, went to breakfast and there was a woman in front of us in the hall wearing a tight fitting dress that she had to keep pulling down to not expose her private parts. She went to breakfast, clearly dressed for other action. No one would wear that outfit that wasn't engaged in that business...

Breakfast was normal for a Hampton, disappointed in fruit - I like the assorted fruit medley that most hotels had - this was a clump of grapes, some blueberries, and then apples and bananas in a holder.

The hotel is situated behind a Denny's which detracts from the appearance. Rate of $140 a night is too high.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RickTravelingAround
Domenica D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Utica, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear rickmktg,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor! We greatly appreciate your feedback here at the Hampton Inn Utica. As we are striving for excellence in every aspect of our hotel, our guests input matters most. I want to sincerely apolgoize that we did not meet your expectations for breakfast. It is very important to us that you start every morning with a delicious, complimentary Hampton buffet, and I am disappointed to hear that you experienced anything less than that. I will be sharing this with our team in order to brainstorm ways to improve in these areas. We hope to see you again in the future so we can make it up to you!! Thank you, again. Remember - We Love Having You Here.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night in 2/2014. I think it's a great place! The staff was friendly and the room was very clean. The continental breakfast was also very good. I am very satisfied and would definitely recommend to anyone

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Domenica D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Utica, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Dear sportsmedic1,

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review! From breakfast, to front desk, to housekeeping; we work very hard to ensure every guest has a wonderful stay, and I'm happy to hear you experience just that. I will be sure to share your positive feedback with our staff as we work towards our future goals. Remember - We Love Having You Here!

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Great hotel! Location was perfect. The rooms were very clean and tidy. The front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful . One of the best breakfast buffets I has seen in a long time. A lot of variety.

1  Thank mrav1072
Domenica D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Utica, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear mrav1072,

Thank you so much for your great review! I am always excited to share guest feedback with our staff. We work very hard to ensure every guest has a wonderful stay. From breakfast, to front desk, to housekeeping - we love having you here!

Reviewed February 18, 2014

We took our two young kids here and it was fabulous. I would stay there again. The staff was great and we loved our stay! We went on Valentines night as we were passing through and it was super clean and the breakfast in the morning was perfect. Anything you could imagine and very kid friendly.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Alexandra C,

Thank you so much for your kind review! We love to do little extra things for our guests, especially around any holiday! At the Hampton Inn Utica, we will always work very hard to ensure every guest has a wonderful stay. I will be sure to share your positive feedback with our staff as we work towards our future goals. Hope to see you again in the future! Remember - We Love Having You Here!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Utica
DoubleTree by Hilton Utica
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica
Fairfield Inn & Suites Utica
Radisson Hotel-Utica Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites New Hartford
Red Roof Inn Utica
Red Roof Inn Utica
#6 of 13 in Utica

Been to Hampton Inn Utica? Share your experiences!