“Very Good Accomodations”
Review of Hampton Inn Utica

Hampton Inn Utica
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Utica
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Clean, efficient and helpful staff, comfortable. We were checked in quickly and the check out process was just as efficient. The room was clean, the beds comfortable and the room was quiet. Good internet service also.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Domenica D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Utica, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear Robert A,

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a nice review! I am always excited to share guest feedback with our staff. We work diligently to create a unique guest experience, and positive reinforcement motivates us to further improve towards our goals. After all, it's our job to make our Hampton Inn Utica your home-away-from-home! Thank you, again. We Love Having You Here.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Great service, we lost our luggage and the hotel provided us with everything we needed to start fresh the next day. I don't know why I have top type 200 characters, their great service said it all. I still have to type more to just fill out this block.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Billy H,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor! You are right - great service really does say it all! We work diligently to create a unique guest experience, and positive reinforcement motivates us to further improve towards our goals. After all, it's our job to make our Hampton Inn Utica your home-away-from-home! Thank you, again. We Love Having You Here.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

We were part of a group attending my daughter's wedding. Everyone in the group was very satisfied with their accomodations. The hotel staff was very friendly and accomodating with our requests. The morning after we met in the lounge for a great breakfast and a casual get-together with relatives and friends.

Dear Bruce T,

I appreciate you taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor! We love having wedding groups in town, as we know how important it is to spend quality time with loved ones. After all, it's our job to make our Hampton Inn Utica your home-away-from-home, and I'm pleased to hear that our "Hamptonality" really shined for your group to have a memorable experience. Thank you, again. We love having you here.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

My friend and I stayed over Christmas night and it was wonderful. Quiet,clean and efficient. Now when we come over we will stay here. The staff were very helpful and pleasant.Thanks for being there.This was a great experience for us both.

Room Tip: The back area was very quiet and close to where we parked.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The staff was very friendly, thanks Mike! The room was clean and well stocked with refrigerator and microwave. There is a great breakfast, even ready made doggy bags to go if you are in a rush. There is always free bottle water when you get thirsty, as well as some sort of snack in the lobby. After a long day at work you can return to the hotel and they even have free "Happy hour" type food. I found chicken cordon Bleu nuggets, spring rolls, and cookies for desert! They have all the toiletries you may have forgotten, and was free! I can't say enough, I will definitely be staying here my next trip to the area, and will definitely try another Hampton Inn when staying somewhere else.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My daughternlaw and I were driving back from Toronto and encountered an ice storm that made continuing the drive unsafe, so we pulled off the NY Thruway into Utica and made our way to the Hampton Inn, late at night without a reservation. I walked in during the most miserable weather I'd ever encountered and was greeted with a friendly, smiling night manager who welcomed us and gave us a room. The hotel has a beautiful lobby, bright and cheerful, with snacks out and even hot appetizers in the evenings. THe room was very clean, nicely appointed, the usually uber comfortable Hampton Inn bed and an oversized very nice bathroom. Worth noting is that the toiletries were the best I've ever seen in any hotel and I've wish all Hampton Inns would have them-Neutrogena soaps, shampoos, conditioners and body lotions. The hotel does not have pay per view movies, but they have a fantastic selection of DVD's at the front desk, all genres, free of charge and the front desk clerk was nice enough to go online to read synopsis and reviews of those I was interested in. He handed me the 2 DVD's along w/Orville Redenbacher Microwave Popcorn and what a delightful way to come in from the storm.
The hotel looks brand new, but was built maybe 4 years ago. Breakfast was fresh with abundant choices. Every staff person I encountered was super polite and friendly.
This will be my permanent stopover on trips up the NYThruway from now on! Hotel is on the main road, but set back and easy to drive by and miss, unless you pay attention to the sign (it's just before Denny's,and other restaurants you could walk to, or you could call the many restaurants that deliver to the hotel.

Room Tip: I can't remember which direction my room was facing, however it was facing the road that was sta...
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We just stayed at this hotel just this past weekend and the service was outstanding. Emily, the front desk person who checked us in, went out of her way to accommodate our special needs and she was very knowledgeable about the local restaurants. We arrived just before dinner and they had hot appetizers available for us in the lobby. Our room was spotless, quiet and had everything we needed. The hotel is just off the thruway and convenient to our destination. Now I remember why I always like to stay at a Hampton!

Room Tip: We like the main floor as it is close to the eating area.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Utica
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica
Fairfield Inn & Suites Utica
Radisson Hotel-Utica Centre
DoubleTree by Hilton Utica
Red Roof Inn Utica
Red Roof Inn Utica
#5 of 13 in Utica
Hampton Inn & Suites New Hartford

Been to Hampton Inn Utica? Share your experiences!