“Wow!”

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Utica
Glenville, New York
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2008

This hotel is only 3 months old. It is located behind a Denny's restaurant, but it is hard to miss on Genesee Street. Everything in this hotel is so new, it is just amazing. Check-in staff (Mario) is great. I checked in less than 3 minutes, including my free DVD to watch. Yes, there are a lot of DVD titles you can choose at the front desk. Most are recent titles too. Compared to other Hampton Inns with pay per view movie channels, this one has free DVDs to rent for the night (two at a time).

Due to a noisy neighbor next door, I ended up changing my room about an hour after I checked in. Front desk staff (Mario) was very accomodating, and put me in a new room in no time.

My King size room was extremely clean and brand-new, needless to say. Each room has a flat screen HDTV, DVD player, a microwave, and a refrigerator. Refrigerator was the most silent I have ever seen. Most other hotels with refrigerators, I ended up unplugging the refrigerator to be able to sleep at night. This one was truly quiet.

Hotel staff is very friendly. There is a nice big pool, a business center, and a fitness room. Breakfast was fresh and wonderful, with lots of selections. As I mentioned above, there is a Denny's next to the hotel (walking distance) and it is a decent one.

Only downside for me was that there were no smoking rooms. As a smoker, I traded off my cigarettes to a new hotel, and I am glad I did so. It ended up being the best Hampton I stayed in so far. I highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Liked — New Hotel, Great Staff
  • Disliked — No Smoking Rooms
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank yguctas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)