“Nice hotel, easy dining options”
Review of Hampton Inn Utica

Hampton Inn Utica
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Utica
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel several times on business travel in Utica. It is much better than the other area hotels, though recently another Hampton opened in New Hartford NY that I like a little better.

This hotel has everything you'd expect at a Hampton- nice beds, nice rooms, great breakfast and decent prices. The workout room is minimal but has free weights and a stability ball, which is a nice surprise! There is a Denny's in the same parking lot as the hotel, a nice option if you don't feel like driving around looking for a place to eat after a long day. There is also a McDonald's and a Delmonico's Steak House across the street- Genessee is a wide busy road but I don't mind dashing across on foot. This hotel is right near I-90 and the location is a plus since it is away from downtown Utica, which is somewhat rundown and not inviting at night.

One nice touch the hotel offers is an evening reception, where they put out soup or chili, cheese and crackers, or other little nibbles- and then later offer desserts. This could even be a light dinner for some.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Vickifa

Reviewed November 18, 2012

We have stayed here twice with young children. It is very clean with exceptional customer service (Jennifer was wonderful). Lots of good food at various time (appetizers, cookies, desserts and breakfast all included). Nice pool.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Travelingmominne
Reviewed November 10, 2012

On my way home from a motorcycle trip to Cape Cod in October I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Utica. Since I had travelled through some pretty cold weather that day I was very tired and a bit chilled. I was greeted by two very pleasant front desk staff, who even suggested where I could park the bike out of the windy weather that was expected that night. In addition they already had munchies, tea, and coffee in the lobby which was greatly appreciated. Their dining recommendation of Delmonico's was excellent. Just what I needed after a long day on the road. The room was clean, and my bed was really comfortable affording me a great night's sleep. Their breakfast selection had options for everyone... much more than a lot of places I've stayed at with complimentary breakfast. Definitely my favourite stopping place coming back from the Cape... so far.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank FastEddieHay
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My husband and I had a very nice stay at the Hampton Inn in Utica. All staff were happy, friendly and helpful. Great customer service skills. Love the breakfast because it includes better options, such as fresh oatmeal, and fresh fruit, along with the usual fare of eggs, waffles and bacon. Room clean and bed comfortable- good enough for me. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I did a one-night stay recently and the hotel was fine. Rooms are quite large although the presence of a jacuzzi bath in the middle of my bedroom was a bit disconcerting. As a business traveler, I'm not usually planning a long bath in front of the TV, but I'm sure some folks love the idea of a bath beside the bed.

Staff are friendly, the place is clean and everything works. Bathroom is a good size with a large shower cubicle.

If you're looking for some food, your choice is a big Italian place across the road which I'm sure is great, but it's more of a sit-down affair. Otherwise, the choice is McDonald's, Wendy's, Subway or Denny's. Didn't see a bar anywhere.

The hotel is a little out of town, about 8-10 minutes to City Hall, so if you're doing business downtown you need a car.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have had a wonder stay at the Hampton Inn in Utica NY. Jake is always at the front desk taking wonderful care of me. I don't know what I would do without him. He is friendly, informative and resourceful.

Also, Henretta, fixes my breakfast every morning. She is always warm, friendly and in good spirits.
The staff has been great as is the room.
Linda

1  Thank Lindabetty
Reviewed October 7, 2012

After a round of freezing cold golf in the rain, with fresh chocolate chip cookies and milk waiting for the whole golf team... we couldn't possibly ask for more. Fast food and Denny's right outside, big room, clean sheets, big comfy bed, good tv. One that all of us will be happy to come back to.

1  Thank Timmy623
Also consider these accommodations in or near Utica
DoubleTree by Hilton Utica
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica
Fairfield Inn & Suites Utica
Radisson Hotel-Utica Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites New Hartford
Red Roof Inn Utica
Red Roof Inn Utica
#6 of 13 in Utica

Been to Hampton Inn Utica? Share your experiences!