“Fine Pho, especially for...”

Pho Mekong House of Noodles
Ranked #17 of 184 Restaurants in Utica
Cuisines: Vietnamese
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Fine Pho, especially for...”
Reviewed January 27, 2009

Fine Pho, especially for the area. If you're lucky, one of the young children will run your credit card!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

New York State
“Big Disappointment!”
Reviewed November 22, 2008

I try Vietnamese restaurants wherever I go so I know good food. According to the reviews I expected good things from this place. Spare yourself and go to Thuy Restaurant on Bleeker Street. I hit both Pho Mekong and Thuy Restaurant on two different occasions. Pho Mekong had weak and milky tasting avocado and coconut fruit shakes. The Pho soup must have had MSG in it because I was jittery and had stomach issues. The broth was not flavorful and fresh tasting at all. The spring rolls were extra long in length and came with chicken and shrimp a nice touch. The stir fried tofu with vegetables and noodles were frozen bag vegetables with no sauce--- bland as can be. After two tries I will not return. This place lacks soul in its product. My first place to ever sample Vietnamese cooking was Village de L'Est in East New Orleans years ago and boy do they spoil you with excellent food. So I always compare every restaurant to New Orleans Vietnamese. Thuy Restaurant although just a noodle house with a limited menu puts pride in their cooking-- very flavorful Pho and excellent Vietnamese coffee with condensed milk. When in Utica I will return to Thuy Restaurant a few storefronts down from the oriental market.

2 Thank Pjpixie
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“my fav is the eggplant dish and to wash it down with jasmine tapioca shake”
Reviewed March 15, 2008

my fav is the eggplant dish and to wash it down with jasmine tapioca shake

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
utica, NY
“Absolutely wonderful Vietnamese food”
Reviewed October 31, 2007

My girlfriend and I went out there one night. Small little place, nice, warm atmosphere, and terrific service. The food is premade so it's out immediately. The pho is the best though, WARNING: don't order more than 1 item at a time, the food is very rich, and delicious. I recommend anyone to try this place! Feel free to take it from us, it's our new hang out spot.

rome
“Try the Spring Rolls”
Reviewed November 1, 2006

This is one of the best kept secrets in Utica. If you are like myself and are tired of the same old fried "chineese" food, then you will love the fresh delacies found at Pho Mekong. My favorite is the spring rolls. Fresh rice noodle with mint and whole shrimp dipped in peanut sauce, I will be having some tonite.

2 Thank mtdave76