Rosemont Inn Bed & Breakfast
$194
$143
  • Pool
Red Roof Inn Utica(Utica)(Great Value!)
$65
$114
Rest Inn(Utica)
$65
$60
All reviewsclaw foot tublavender roomfrittatavictorian charmsitting roomgourmet breakfastnew yorkwould stay here againa great stayfirst floorhostsfridge
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I stayed at the Rosemont Inn in September 2011. The inside is indeed a gem - it is beautifully restored and decorated, it is immaculate. Breakfasts are delicious and prompt. I was greeted warmly by the owner and the facilities of the inn were shown to me before taking me to the Sweet Inspirations room, which was lovely. I spent alot of time on their beautiful porch, enjoying the sights and sounds of the neighbourhood. It is a street of grand houses, some maintained as private homes, and some now legal offices, and other businesses. It is a city of walkers and cycle riders, so there is lots to observe for the Inn's porch. Everyone in the neighbourhood was polite and friendly, reflecting the historic charm of Utica. There is an Ansel Adams exhibit just a 5 minute walk from the Inn. There is a beautiful theatre just 5 minutes drive downtown. It has easy access to the highways. In short, it was great, the innkeepers excellent and I hope to stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed May 15, 2011

When we drove up we wondered what we had gotten ourselves into. It looked very run down. There was a super surprise inside. It is so beautiful and clean. When I go to a bed and breakfast I expect to meet the owner. This was not the case. However it was being looked after by Megan, very competent, friendly and always available. The homemade herbal teas were wonderful.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sookie2011
Reviewed January 9, 2011

This was the 3rd time we stayed in the Rosemont Inn. we come every winter for a week to visit parents and family and every July for the Boilermaker to get in a good run! We love "our room" at the inn, and the breakfast is most fantastic! We enjoy it in our room every morning we are there. The clawfoot tub and antique furniture just add tot he charm. Ok, yes, Genessee Street is the main drag through Utica, so you see a little bit of everything on it - BUT it's a beautiful street and great location to whatever it is you wish to do/see/explore in and around Utica NY.
The family is great - and regarding an earlier review that commented on noise - I have to say I have not experienced this at all - and mind you - I do not have any children, making the possibiliy of hearing such things even louder if they truly did exist. But you can rest assured, you will have a fantastic sleep. And morning. We are looking forward to the Boilermaker this year - room already booked.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2010

We found the Rosemont Inn to be a wonderful, relaxing getaway for our family. Our room was lovely, with lots of space for our 20 month-old daughter. We were pleased to find the room had a fridge, quant furnishings, claw-foot bathtub and lovely handmade soap. It was also very clean, as was the rest of the B&B. Our room felt very private and tucked away, which was a nice feature. The inn was quiet, we never even heard the other guests. The breakfast was lovely, and the tea and coffee were exceptional.

I noticed some of the other reviewers had concerns about the neighborhoods near by, but we felt very safe at the Inn.

The Rosemont Inn is a charming place to stay in Utica, the building itself has such character. If we visit Utica again we would defiantly want to stay at the Rosemont Inn!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank KimberlyZ
Reviewed May 10, 2010

My husband and I started our honeymoon here. The house is just beautiful. The interior is decorated with antique furniture and it has an old fashioned feel. We stayed in the Chantilly room. The king sized bed was nice, it was of the sleep number variety (you could make the bed softer or firmer) which isn't my favorite, but it wasn't uncomfortable. It was nice to have our own personal bathroom. I loved the ball and claw foot tub. The breakfasts were fantastic. She uses mostly local ingredients, which was absolutely delicious.

The house is not far from down town Utica. A few reviews mentioned that it was in a bad neighborhood, I wouldn't agree. Most of the other houses in the area are renovated or being renovated into offices. I certainly wasn't afraid at all during our stay. Its in a older section of town. There are 6 children living in the house, but we were not bothered by them at all. Obsessionally, we heard them on the stairs, but our room was right next to them.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple