“Terrible management”

Delmonico's Italian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Delmonico's Italian Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 184 Restaurants in Utica
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
“Terrible management”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Me and my husband went for dinner one night, we haven't been there in a while and I don't think we will be going back for a while. We had an issue with my husbands steak not being cook the way it was asked. The manager Brian came over with an attitude and a stupid smirk on his face. He talked to us like we didn't know what he were talking about. My husband asked for medium and the steak came out rare anyone who is a steak eater knows the difference. We left so insulted and will not be back for a while or at least until we hear he is gone.

Oneida, New York
“Meeting place”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This is a favorite meeting place since the menu is varied, the steaks huge and the service fast and friendly. Prices are very reasonable. But all that said over the last few years it seems to have become more like a step up from fast food. Delmonico's has always been noisy and lively, but now there seems to be a "rushed" aspect added to the mix.

Food is still fine, but not with the finer touches that came with entrees a few years back. I got the feeling that things were all prepared and just waiting to be heated up back in the kitchen.

Drink prices are very reasonable and they cater to groups so it still makes an excellent meeting spot when you have a crowd and want to go somewhere that handle it gracefully. They do take reservation so call ahead and reserve your spot.

Last visit out my table had Utica greens (OK), their signature steak (huge and cooked as requested), chicken Sinatra (smaller portion than a few years ago) and lasagna (huge and delicious). Crusty bread with garlic butter and nice salads added to the mix.

Not the place for a romantic dinner for two -- too noisy and too rushed.

Visited September 2013
“Favorite!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Delmonicos has been my go to spot for the past 5 years. Always amazing service. If by some chance the food is not perfect they quickly and happily make it perfect. Always kind and sweet .

Otego, New York
“Bring your appetite!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I recently had the opportunity to go out to dinner. We've tried to eat here in the past, but due to a lack of foresight, we were unable to get a table in a reasonable amount of time. This particular night was a holiday and we were shocked to find the parking lot with many available spaces. Hooray for us! We were immediately taken to the back room, where we were seated at a nice, sunny table. On our way, I was struck by the seating that is available. Several family dining room areas, which were separated by a half wall/half glass divider, which allowed families to dine and have rousing conversation without yelling over the top of or disturbing other guests. (GREAT idea!) Our server was Kelly and she was very attentive and helpful. We began by ordering drinks: I had a brandy old fashioned, which was made a little stronger than I prefer and Kelly was happy to have it topped off with some soda. My husband ordered the fresh brewed tea, which he said was the best he'd ever had in a restaurant. (He's a bit particular, so I was thrilled that he was happy!) We ordered the Utica greens and the calamari appetizers. Both of these were prepared and seasoned very well. The Utica greens were my favorite, hands down. I ordered the Delmonico Alfredo with chicken, broccoli and mushrooms. It was large in portion. The sauce was light enough to allow me to eat more than 6 bites, but heavy enough to be considered an alfredo. You could definitely taste the parmesan cheese! The broccoli was served in pretty large chunks and prepared more tender crisp than most places, but that's the way that I like it. Overall, it was quite good. My husband ordered the Delmonico steak, but it lacked seasoning. We'll definitely go back to Delmonicos again, provided we can find a parking spot!

Toledo, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Try the large steak”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Loved the clam chowder and the advertised 20 oz steak was delish! My husband and I shared the chowder and steak. We did not leave hungry!

Visited July 2013