“Favorite!”

Delmonico's Italian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Delmonico's Italian Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 185 Restaurants in Utica
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Delmonicos has been my go to spot for the past 5 years. Always amazing service. If by some chance the food is not perfect they quickly and happily make it perfect. Always kind and sweet .

Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I recently had the opportunity to go out to dinner. We've tried to eat here in the past, but due to a lack of foresight, we were unable to get a table in a reasonable amount of time. This particular night was a holiday and we were shocked to find the parking lot with many available spaces. Hooray for us! We were immediately taken to the back room, where we were seated at a nice, sunny table. On our way, I was struck by the seating that is available. Several family dining room areas, which were separated by a half wall/half glass divider, which allowed families to dine and have rousing conversation without yelling over the top of or disturbing other guests. (GREAT idea!) Our server was Kelly and she was very attentive and helpful. We began by ordering drinks: I had a brandy old fashioned, which was made a little stronger than I prefer and Kelly was happy to have it topped off with some soda. My husband ordered the fresh brewed tea, which he said was the best he'd ever had in a restaurant. (He's a bit particular, so I was thrilled that he was happy!) We ordered the Utica greens and the calamari appetizers. Both of these were prepared and seasoned very well. The Utica greens were my favorite, hands down. I ordered the Delmonico Alfredo with chicken, broccoli and mushrooms. It was large in portion. The sauce was light enough to allow me to eat more than 6 bites, but heavy enough to be considered an alfredo. You could definitely taste the parmesan cheese! The broccoli was served in pretty large chunks and prepared more tender crisp than most places, but that's the way that I like it. Overall, it was quite good. My husband ordered the Delmonico steak, but it lacked seasoning. We'll definitely go back to Delmonicos again, provided we can find a parking spot!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Loved the clam chowder and the advertised 20 oz steak was delish! My husband and I shared the chowder and steak. We did not leave hungry!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Service was special, and the food each of us had (including two young children) was enjoyed. We had a little difficulty finding parking but that eventally opened up.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

It's been awhile since we've eaten here, mostly because it's usually so packed. We caught them on a slower evening and had a very good meal...mostly. We had fried calamari and Utica greens for appetizers. The calamari was good, and their marinara really is excellent. The Utica greens are also perfect, and I highly recommend giving them a try if you've never had them. It's something unique to this area. The bread is good, but a dinner salad costs an extra $3.00.

I've been on a steak kick, so I ordered the Delmonico steak, which is a 24oz. center-cut ribeye, extra rare. For what you get, this is the best value around. At $22.00, it's a bargain. The steak was grilled perfectly, though it could have used a bit more seasoning. The meat itself is excellent, and comes with a small side of pasta. Grilled onions are an extra $3.00, and potato instead of pasta will also cost an extra $3.00. Without any particular seasoning or preparation options, it's just a honkin' big chunk of meat, albeit a good quality chunk of meat.

My wife ordered the Fettuccini Delmonico, which is Fettuccine Alfredo tossed with Grilled Chicken, Mushrooms, Broccoli & finished with a touch of Marinara. She seemed to enjoy it, and everything seemed fresh. I tried it, but must admit I'm not a big alfredo fan. We split a very nice cannoli for dessert.

The food here really is very good, but there's no unique or creative dishes that make you go wow. It's a relatively limited menu, and just seems like it's centered around what's safe and profitable. That's certainly better than trying to make a huge variety of dishes half-fast, but the food just doesn't reflect any real passion.

While the steak is a real bargain, the price of most of the dishes seems high enough that things like side salads and substitutions should be included. Our server was very good, and professional. The decor is gimmicky, with the whole Suprano's, Sinatra, and almost every famous Italian or mobster cliche you can think of being plastered on the walls as charicatures. The staff is dressed in all black "goodfellas" type garb, and frankly the whole thing is a bit hokey and dated. As another reviewer mentioned, the staff gathering around someone's table to chant some kind of celebration every few minutes gets annoying fast. It's very loud, impossible to understand, and seems far more perfunctory than celebratory.

I'd certainly eat here again if I were craving something specific. The quality and portions are excellent. It's just unfortunate that, at the end of the day, it's too easy to recognize you're still eating in a chain restaurant.

Been to Delmonico's Italian Steakhouse? Share your experiences!