“Don't miss it.”

Gerber's 1933 Tavern
Ranked #11 of 183 Restaurants in Utica
Reviewed December 28, 2013

A wonderful pub. Super friendly staff, and amazing food. Just be aware, I believe it is cash-only, so I found myself in search of an ATM at the last minute....

There are newer reviews for Gerber's 1933 Tavern

Reviewed December 7, 2013

I had lunch at this establishment with a friend yesterday. It was my first time there and I will definitely go again. The lunch menu is very small, only four or five items but I knew that going in. I had heard that their fried bologna sandwich was to die for but wasn't sure I wanted to try it. I ended up ordering the beef and my friend ordered the pastrami. At the last minute we also ordered the fried bologna sandwich to try. Everything was delicious. My sandwich was great, my friend said the pastrami was fantastic and the fried bologna ended up being absolutely delicious. I am definitely ordering that next time. The pumpkin soup, macaroni and potato salads were all great. I can't remember the name of the dessert, think it was a bread pudding, but whatever it was it was DELICIOUS. I would go back just for that. The place is small with a quaint and cozy feeling. Service was great. Will definitely be back.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Gerbers is a restored 1933-stlye tavern owned and operated by Mark and Susan Mojave. We gave it a try for lunch and weren't sorry. The interior is authentically restored and feels very cozy. I had the pastrami on rye and my husband had the roast beef au jus. For a side we both had the vegetable soup, which was excellent. They use seasonal and local foods as much as possible. They offer a "short" beer which was just right for lunch. There are quite a few beer choices on tap as well as bottled. We had the Utica Club and Brooklyn Lager. The service was great - friendly wait staff - and we were very happy there.

1  Thank Dot13
Reviewed November 27, 2013

A nice bit of history and the food is good, too. The original tin ceilings and fixtures add so much to the ambiance. We were welcomed warmly, service was good and efficient. It is typical tavern food which adds to the atmosphere.

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Whether you go for the food or the history lesson, don't miss this tavern if you're in Utica. Located in a 19th century building and lovingly renovated, it's like going back in time. Sandwich menu but the mushroom soup was scrumptious and the desserts were great, too!! I could see myself having one of the four sandwiches every Saturday for lunch forever!! That kind of place. Beautiful antique bar, beers on tap, very pleasant owners on site, perfect ambience. What more could you want?? Anyone touring the area should check it out. And, oh, it's inexpensive, too!! Less than $40 for two with wine, desserts and coffee.

1  Thank RonL40