“Quite a nice spot for a beer and some food!”
Review of Nail Creek Pub

Nail Creek Pub
Ranked #8 of 189 Restaurants in Utica
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Hello and welcome to Nail Creek Pub & Brewery. We opened our doors in March of 2008 with the intent of bringing craft beer to the Mohawk Valley. At that time, most people said that the areas citizens didn't want craft beer. They told us that nobody would buy it. Luckily we proved them wrong! Its been a fun ride and only getting better. Although we are mostly known for our large beer selection, we take out food VERY seriously. Our menu has evolved over the years from basic pub food to a perfect mix of comfort and contemporary foods. We decided to go with a smaller menu that we could perfect and keep absolutely fresh. If you haven't had our burger you are in for surprise. We use locally pastured grass fed beef and Utica Bread Brioche to deliver the freshest and highest quality burger possible. Be sure to check out our mussels and frittes available Thursday night through Saturday. The Prince Edward Island Mussels are steamed and served in a white wine, garlic, butter sauce. They are served with grilled bread, frites and two homemade aoili's. On Wednesday nights we offer a gourmet dinner. The weekly dish is always a surprise! Regular Menu also available. Every Sunday we offer Utica's best brunch. Our brunch menu is ever evolving and will always excite and please. Sunday's in Utica are alive and well, and we would be honored to have you spend yours with us.
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Before catching up with some friends for a tour at Saranac Brewing, the folks recommended Nail Creek as a good place to grab some food for a late lunch. Its a small cozy place with a good beer selection as well. We had made an all night drive to Utica from the Carolinas and we were looking for a good meal, based on the recommendations and its location I wanted to give it a shot. My wife and I had the chicken panini, she with a salad and I with the broccoli beer and cheese soup (I think that was the name give and take a few words). Well no pun intended, but they really nailed it. It was definitely one of the best paninis that I have had and the soup really did exceed my expectations. It was an absolute delight and a total home run. The place seems to have a lot of regulars and folks there are quite nice. If you are around the area and looking for a nice cozy place with some good food and beer to top it off, drop by and see the good folks at Nail Creek.

Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Great selection of craft beers, many local ones too. The poutine was delicious. The paninis and chicken and biscuits rated high too. Good pricing. Bar service the night we were there. A great local bar with food that is much better than you would expect. The bartender was also up on his beer knowledge, kudos. We will be back.

1  Thank Tim C
Reviewed May 5, 2014

stopped for a quick couple of beers and a meal on our way through Central NY. Glad we did. Large number of beers (10 or so taps and many bottles), plus wines and liquor. The bartender was very nice and attentive. My daughter and I each had paninis (turkey for me, chicken for her) and my wife had a BLT and all were excellent. Against my better judgement,I had potato salad with mine and I was pleasantly surprised as to how good it was...difficult to find in any restaurant. Another couple that was sitting near us had the chicken and biscuit. How I wished I had ordered that as it smelled and looked delicious. Being as this is a neighborhood bar, you are likely to get all types in there and, unfortunately, they did that day. There was a group of loud, crude young women (even made the bartender cringe a couple of times) who all were on their way to a terrible hangover taking most of the tables in the place...so we sat and ate at the bar which is no problem, wasn't the first time and certainly won't be the last time. Good news was that they left shortly after we arrived and the place was very nice at that point. Will definitely be back

1  Thank SirVayR
Reviewed April 10, 2014

This place has evetything. Good food, great beer, friendly staff, and a comfortable atmosphere. The Wednesday dinners are out of this world. This sunday Im checking out the brunch. Hopefully there bloody marys are as good as the beer the dish out.

1  Thank JoeyD05
Reviewed April 7, 2014

My friend and I were visiting Utica and were looking for a cozy pub on a cold and rainy day and we found it here. Great beer selection and food was excellent. We both had the french onion soup which was served in a mug and covered in cheese with a parm crouton. She had the cheese panini and I had the roast beef deli sandwich - both were really great and hit the spot. Most of the main food selection is Irish with a good assortment of sandwiches. Someone next to me had the scotch egg and I definitely will try that on a return visit.

2  Thank MCKB A