“KARIN , breakfast attendant ROCKS! and Ana , front desk manager is on FIRE!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Utica
Utica, New York
“KARIN , breakfast attendant ROCKS! and Ana , front desk manager is on FIRE!”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

My daughter and i had an amazing stay because of these two attentive, resourseful , knowledgeable and insanely gracious young women... Karin was thorough, courteous, gracious, and went out of her way for every customer to provide service with a smile the likes of which you usually see at 5 star hotels and restaurants! Give this girl a raise, as she is the type of emplyee that is hard to find and she does her job spendidly...not only was the food properly serviced and attentively cleaned and prepped, but she went above and beyond the call of duty to specifically key into every diners needs and wishes. SUPERB! When we had a glitch that no one could have predicted ( noisey clanging, late night firemen banging around on the upper floors til all hours of the night) the staff- under the sage guidance of Ana sprang into action to do all they could do to abate the troubling problem...and they most astutely made accommodations to al those guests who were affected. my son is a new College student at a prestigious college nearby and i will be visitng a lot from Los Angelels... and you'd better believe that , largely because of the intensly well executed hospitality of both Karin and Ana, that my family will be back here consisitently for years to come. I will gladly recommend this fabulous " family" home away from home to all those visiting the stunning Utica area. Thanks for the chance to offer my thoughts and I will hopefully get a rroom next thursday when I return for another Freshman orientation! Cheers! v

Room Tip: go for upper floors in case people upstaire are noisy
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank MOXIEmamma
Lee A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Dear MOXIEmamma,
Thanks so much for your great review, we agree, Karin does rock! We're always encouraging great customer service so I'm glad to hear Karin and Ana really stepped up to take care of you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Chesterfield, Virginia
Reviewed August 17, 2014

I rated the stay here at Holiday Inn Express highly because of these following employees Karin, Breakfast Attendant, Jennie, Dana, Omayra and Desiree House Keeping, Jeff and Scott in maintenance and housekeeping and Anastasia and Anna at the front desk. These employees made my stay for 3 weeks comfortable and pleasant even with the loud and obnoxious guests that came and went. These employees are the most loyal and caring bunch of employees for their guests that I have ever met at any of your IHG hotels. My husband stays 100 to 150 nights a year at the IHG hotels and this by far is my favorite hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear lauralee,
We're so happy to see you naming all of our associates that made you feel at home. We'll be sure to share you compliments with our ownership!
Fort Worth
Reviewed August 16, 2014

My husband and I stayed here July 16-20, 2014 for educational purposes (I had a test that lasted the entire weekend). When we checked in they offered us a complimentary bottle of water and had complimentary snacks available. Everyday they had some sort of late afternoon snack in the lobby. Front desk personnel were friendly and we had no issues. My husband asked for late check out just in case my test ran over & they were happy to accommodate us (we didn't have to use late check out, but it was good we had the option). The room itself was a great size (we had a King Size Suite) and had modern décor. This hotel is still new so no major issues with the room. The bed was a little harder than what I cared for and we had some house keeping issues, but I would stay here again if traveling to Utica. Happy Traveling!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mrslovestotravel,
Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback! I'm so happy to hear our staff made you feel at home and that you enjoyed some of our amenities. If there's anything that you think we could do to help with sleep experience, please let me know.
Valley Stream, New York, United States
Reviewed August 15, 2014

Breakfast attendant Karin was excellent at her job. She always made you feel welcome. The staff was great too, I have stayed at this hotel twice already, and I would surely stay again if I am in Utica. Thank you

Room Tip: Any room you choose will be excellent.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear SuzannaDurr,
Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback! We'll be passing on your compliments to the rest of our staff, and our management.
Babylon NY
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Breakfast attendant Karin was excellent ! The hotel staff was very attentive to all of our needs. I was traveling with my family on business we had 4 king suites that were just great ! This is the second time in the past 2 months that I needed to stay there and will surely be going back in the next month or so. Highly recommend this hotel.The Manager Lee was very accommodating !

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank schshlpres
Dear schshlpres,
Thanks so much for coming back to stay with us again. We always enjoy hearing how friendly Karin is in breakfast. Hopefully we'll see you again soon!
akron, oh
Reviewed August 13, 2014

I travel extensively on business, but this trip was a week-long tour of colleges. We spent one night.

We enjoyed our stay at the hotel. Check-in was fast (thanks Mindy!) and the snacks in the lobby were an unusual - and very nice - touch.

Guest room was well-appointed and beds were comfortable. We slept great!

Breakfast was typical of HI Express,hotels but the breakfast room was nicer and more spacious.

We'd certainly stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank keatingclan
Dear keatingclan,
Thanks so much for giving us your great review! I'm glad to hear Mindy took care of you and that you were able to enjoy our Great Room for breakfast. Next time I hope you have time to enjoy our patio in back of the hotel!
Bridgewater, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 2, 2014

6 or us were traveling from Niagra Falls, Ontario to Derry NH and wanted to stop halfway. We stopped into holiday inn express in Utica and they had rooms available. Mindy, the front desk associate, warned us that there were teams of 8 year old baseball players staying there. She said they were all on the 2nd floor so she put us on the 3rd floor and gave us the managers discount. She told us about Delmonicos steak house that was right next door and even gave us coupons for free dessert. The food was fabulous and the dessert was delicious and huge. Mindy was awesome!
The hotel was extremely clean and the rooms were beautifully appointed and had all the amenities you would ever need. Towels were soft and the beds were super comfortable . I would definitely stay there again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: My room was awesome on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lynn0129
Ana F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Lynn0129,
I'd like to thank you for giving us such a great review! I'm so very happy to hear that Mindy took great care of you. She's been with us a while and always leaves a memorable impression with our guests. I'll be sure to share your many compliments with Mindy and the rest of our staff. Maybe next time you're in the area you can enjoy our complimentary evening snacks located in the lobby.